Media Belal Muhammad jokes about cutting 44 lbs. in 11 days for Gilbert Burns fight (needs to cut 19 lbs.)

Belal is a professional and I can't see a reason why he wouldn't come in on weight.

Man if Belal is in good condition weigh in time, he has the stamina, cardio and ground control to get the victory. But this is a short notice fight, big cut for Belal. Not a big but for Gilbert. It could be a easy win for Gilbert if he is able to utilize his striking and ground game mixed in.

He's lying for clicks and it's working.

This is not a smart move on Belal's part for wanting and taking this fight right now. He just lost his spot in line for another year or 2.

He's lying for clicks and it's working.

I agree. 44 pounds in 11 days is just not possible. he has every incentive to lie and make himself appear superhuman, he has no incentive to tell the truth.

wtf is going on with Gilbert opponents? they should burn fat but it looks like that only Gilbert burns

No way he’s 215

Agreed. Nonsense. Everything that comes out Belal's mouth seems to be BS. He is quite small boned especially when he was next to 6'2" Leon Edwards. He simply does not have the frame and height to be 215 lbs without putting on a lot of fat. 190 - 195 lbs tops maybe. I finished fasting through the whole month of Ramadan and lost 4 lbs going down from 168 lbs to 164 lbs comparing empty stomach while on a 1000 - 1200 calorie Sohar and about a 1500 - 1700 calorie Iftar/Dinner (total of around 3000 calories per day during the fast). How did he gain so much weight unless he was stuffing his face with food at Iftar and Sohar time.

Last edited:
wo7n6w61zpq71.jpg

Odds Ba'al wont be wearing sunglasses while on the scales is OVER +9000.
Who dat?

WTF OP

Literal quote from the article:

He said he usually weighs 177 pounds at this point in a regular fight camp and currently weighs about 190 pounds, meaning he will need to cut 19 pounds before the fight.

Muhammad and his nutritionist, Ian Larios, told ESPN initially that Muhammad would need to cut 44 pounds before later clarifying it was a joke.

he's cutting 20lbs

I agree. 44 pounds in 11 days is just not possible. he has every incentive to lie and make himself appear superhuman, he has no incentive to tell the truth.
I'm not going to go as far as to say he's lying but, yeah seems real fishy.

Belal isn't even a big welterweight. I can't think of an opponent he was bigger than besides Brady, and Brady is a thick boy, makes no sense that he would be cutting way more than all these guys who are bigger and thicker than him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back