Belal vs Colby runs since 2019

Not a fair comparison.
Belal has like way more fights during that time.

Of course he's going to come off better.

More eyes than Belal or Shavkat I’d reckon. But I don’t think he’s the star some think he is.

I don’t think so. More eyes in the US yes. But not more eyes worldwide.
I don’t think he sells much ppv.
I think this is a deal for the Masvidal incident.

why would the UFC try to build a guy who is 35 and never fights?

Dana likes him for whatever reason.
Colby-Covington-Dana-White-Donald-Trump.png

the reason

Colby arguably beat Usman in the rematch. At worst a draw. Even before the TKO in the first match, Usman was only going to walk away with a razor thin split decision according to the scorecards.

The apparent second coming of GSP got pieced up by a “pillow handed” wall and staller. This is why Colby doesn’t have to win 9 fights on the prelims anymore.

Fighting Usman twice smokes any other 170 contender when talking about Strength of Schedule...
thank you... while I am impresses by Belals last 3 fights. he doesnt hold a candle to Colby's resume.. Styles make fights and Belal does not match up well will Colby.. I do respect him trying to get that fight with Colby though as im sure he understands its probably his toughest matchup outside of usman

Belal deserves the title shot more but Colby is clearly the better fighter and would likely 50-45 Belal. Plus it's the entertainment business at the end of the day and no one really wants to watch Belal.

Its like Bader and Gus when DC was the paper champ.

Bader clearly deserved the shot but they gave it to Gus coming off getting KOd by Rumble.

when you look at the resume it is not even close, it belongs to colby.

Then when you actually watch the fights it is a no-brainer, colby is clearly the best especially now that we know usman has lost to father time.

The combined UFC record of Belal's last eight UFC victories, after he beat them, is 2-5 (28.5% win percentage)

The combined UFC record of Colby's last eight UFC victories, after he beat them, is 21-22 (48.8% win percentage)

Looks to me like the opponents Colby beat still had the ability to win at a high level while Belal fought a bunch of guys on their way to retirement or about to be cut from the promotion.
Why would you do Colby's last 8 victories? Kinda skews shit towards him to be much less recent. We don't need to go over the wins Colby had in the fuckin Bronze Age. What's the caliber of opponent he fought today?

You KNOW the reason, don't be naive.

Colby actually goes out and promotes the fights. Colby is already promoting the leon fight and it's causing a stir, it's not even official yet.
How many numbers does Colby even pull? Dana doesn't care if you aren't bringing in views. Look at Masvidal.

How many numbers does Colby even pull? Dana doesn't care if you aren't bringing in views. Look at Masvidal.
Dana says it’s colby without a doubt 100% he says this minutes after the fight is over.

There must be something that warrants this behaviour I’ve very rarely see Dana match make so assuredly after a fight. So there must be some sort of numbers to support this. They’ve already begun promoting the fight. So he must be a bigger drawn than we assume. Chael is the same boring style in cage but talks that good ish so people stay interested. Imo colby has taken over sherdog since Saturday night. Everyone is talking and making threads about him.

Back