Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bellator 134: Newton vs. McGeary

PRELIMS: 6:45PM ET/3:45PM PT/11:45AM UK

MAIN CARD: 9PM ET/6PM PT/2AM UK

Friday 02.27.2015 at 09:00 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: Spike TV | Undercard: Spike.com
Name: Bellator 134: Newton vs. McGeary Also Known As: Bellator 134: The British Invasion
Promotion: Bellator MMA
Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
Venue: Mohegan Sun Arena
Enclosure: Cage
TV Announcers: Sean Wheelock, Jimmy Smith
Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
Post-Fight Interviews: Jimmy Smith
Number of Bouts: 11

Bellator_133_The_British_Invasion_Poster.jpg

FIGHT CARD

MAIN CARD (2/27/15 - 9:00 pm EST)

205lbs- Emanuel Newton (25-7) vs. Liam McGeary (9-0)
***Light Heavyweight Title Fight

265lbs- Muhammed Lawal (14-4) vs. Cheick Kongo (22-9-2)

170lbs- Paul Daley (35-13) vs. Andre Santos (37-9)

205lbs- Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (16-12) vs. Linton Vassell (14-4)

170lbs- Brennan Ward (9-3) vs. Curtis Millender (7-0)

PRELIMS (6:45pm EST)www.spike.com http://bellator.com/articles/prelimstream

145lbs- Matt Bessette (13-6) vs. Josh LaBerge (9-4)
265lbs- Raphael Butler (8-1-1) vs. Josh Diekmann (15-5)
185lbs- Tamdan McCrory (12-3) vs. Jason Butcher (8-1)
170lbs- Nieman Gracie (2-0) vs. Bobby Flynn (4-2)
135lbs- Blair Tugman (6-5) vs. Marvin Maldonado (2-3)

919.png

The full Bellator 134: Newton vs. McGeary weigh-in results included:

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/video-watch-todays-bellator-134-weigh-ins-live-on-mmajunkie-at-5-p-m-et

Bellator 134 weigh-ins take place today, and you can watch a live video stream and get official results beginning at 5 p.m. ET (2 p.m PT).

The full Bellator 134 weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)

Champ Emanuel Newton (204.5) vs. Liam McGeary (204) – for light heavyweight title
Cheick Kongo (239) vs. Muhammed Lawal (217)
Paul Daley (171) vs. Andre Santos (171)
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (205) vs. Linton Vassell (205)
Curtis Millender (170) vs. Brennan Ward (171)

PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie, 6:45 p.m. ET)

Dean Hancock (155.5) vs. Mike Mangan (155.25)
Matt Bessette (145.75) vs. Josh LaBerge (145)
Raphael Butler (260) vs. Josh Diekmann (238.25)
Jason Butcher (186) vs. Tamdan McCrory (185.5)
Bobby Flynn (170.5) vs. Neiman Gracie (171)
Marvin Maldonado (136) vs. Blair Tugman (136)

Bellator 134: Newton vs. McGeary FALLOUT

CANCELLED 170 lbs Douglas Lima vs. Paul Daley Lima Knee Injury

CANCELLED 265 lbsBobby Lashley vs. James Thompson Lashley Injury

CANCELLED 170 lbs Michael Page vs. Curtis Millender Page Cut

FIZZLED 265 lbs Muhammed Lawal vs. James Thompson

CANCELLED 135 lbs Randy Costa vs. Carlos Hernandez Costa Injury

CANCELLED 170 lbs Jesse Juarez vs. Brennan Ward Ward to Main Card

all info courtesy of mmajunkie and tapology

Last edited:
my body is ready. even with all the fallout this is an excellent card. Can't wait!!!

Really explosive and athletic card.

Lost a bit with Page tho.

my body is ready. even with all the fallout this is an excellent card. Can't wait!!!

Yeah, the fights, even though they lost some names, still lend themselves to be possibly very exciting. I'm pretty pumped for this one.

I think Kongo vs. Mo is very interesting. That's the one i'm looking forward to, even though both have ended up in terribly boring fights in the past.

I really wish Lashley vs. Thompson didn't get cancelled. :icon_cry2 Same with Lima vs. Daley.

Weird fight for Daley. They matched him up with a guy with not much of a name who has been around for a long time and has a good chin and mostly wins by submissions.

i didnt realize how many fights on this card got axed.

mcgrearys the favorite huh. hope he does well so there can be at least one potential top tier lhw outside the ufc.

Yeah, the fights, even though they lost some names, still lend themselves to be possibly very exciting. I'm pretty pumped for this one.

I think Kongo vs. Mo is very interesting. That's the one i'm looking forward to, even though both have ended up in terribly boring fights in the past.

I really wish Lashley vs. Thompson didn't get cancelled. :icon_cry2 Same with Lima vs. Daley.

Weird fight for Daley. They matched him up with a guy with not much of a name who has been around for a long time and has a good chin and mostly wins by submissions.

Yeah kongo vs mo is interesting. Santos doesn't get enough credit. He looks like he should be getting ko'd left and right and then he just submits dudes and boxes them up. it's pretty crazy really. That said I expect Daley to floor him. Surprised Liam is the favorite.

Agreed 1000000% on the lashley cancelation. He's one of my favorite fighters. And that's a rematch I've wanted to see sooo bad and I had the chance to see it live and then it was yanked away. Very upsetting to me. Also upset about Lima/daley for obvious reasons.

I like this card alot, shows Bellator can do great without UFC washups. Even the prelims are decent, Barncat/Butcher should be for #1 contender for Halsey's title IMO. Rooting for King Mo but I'm expecting destruction by Kongo. Vassell beats Sokoudjou handily, Sokoudjou doesn't have Newton's heart. Daley vs Santos should be a squash match but who knows? McGeary vs Newton could be FOTY

Awesome card, prelims are pretty good too. I think Diekman is gonna have an easy time with Butler, there was a time when I thought Butler was a future prospect but he has looked terrible in his last couple of fights.

Plus Barncat/Butcher is a great match up, kind of feel like they should have bumped the Millender/Ward fight down and brought this fight to the main card.

Would be cool to see Sok beat Vassel as well, I like Vassel and was impressed by his performance against Newton but I would really like to see Sok start doing well again. He has so much potential and some pretty solid wins. I think he just needs to stop taking HW fights and get serious in Bellator at LHW.

I'm much more pumped for this card than the UFC one on this saturday

I'm waiting for someone to make a thread posting pics meeting Gracie, Shamrock, Oriz and Fedor.

I could have been there.....

McGeary should dominate his match. I hope we get a better look at how well rounded he is. 6'6" w/ great power and quickness, if he's got good TD and can get off his back when taken down he'll be one of the next "big things".

The Kongo/Mo fight is a bit of a freakshow but should be interesting.

McGeary should dominate his match. I hope we get a better look at how well rounded he is. 6'6" w/ great power and quickness, if he's got good TD and can get off his back when taken down he'll be one of the next "big things".

The Kongo/Mo fight is a bit of a freakshow but should be interesting.

Idk if he will dominate, he hasn't been pulled into deep waters yet, and Newton is really good at that. Plus Anundson didn't have much problems getting him down, so Newton will most likely manage to take it there as well. Newton is a tough fight because he is hard to finish and he has a solid gas tank, if McGeary can hurt him early and finish it he'll be golden, but if Newton manages to grind it out and drag it into the championship rounds McGeary could have trouble.

Some real good fights coming up tomorrow.

When you realize how solid the card is after all those injuries it really was a damn good card to start with.

Daley and Lima not fighting is the real tragedy that was the fight. But Newton/Liam will be fun. I like Kongo/Mo better then JT and Lashley anyways. Losing MVP sucks.

I mean ratings wise it took a hit no doubt. Doesn't really feel as special of an event anymore and the gimmick took a hit.

But fight wise? Still a really fun card that I'm looking forward to a lot. Just thinking of how amazing this weekend could have been is depressing though.

I thought Kongo would dwarf Mo but it wasn't that bad.

McGeary looks gigantic in front of Newton. I hope Newton cut that universe crap and actually eats for this fight lol

Back