Bellator 149: Shamrock vs. Gracie 3 6:30pm ET Prelims/9pm ET Main Card Discussion

zikw1.jpg

It's just me or did Shamrock begun bending his knees a lil' bit before the knee by Gracie actually landed in his head?

He did, because the knee to the balls 3 seconds earlier finally registered. Royce knee'd him flush in the cup and then went for the finish anyway.

Nothin' but class that Royce.

Seriously, Bellator was better when Bjorn was the boss.

I thought things would get better with Scott Coker because he ran Strikeforce. Strikeforce was fucking awesome. But since Coker became the head for Bellator, it's been nothing but crap like this. It's been like, freakshow fights as the headline or old ass Ken vs. old ass Royce, like an old age home for retired UFC fighters who were the best in the early 90's n shit. Let's not forget how every title fight is the same fighters every single time.

All the real talent at Bellator is being overshadowed and they don't get any recognition. All their real talent gets no attention because they're on prelims or their fight doesn't get ANY hype or anything, because they decide to have guys like Kimbo, random guy from the street DADA, 52 year old Ken and 10 years retired Royce as the main fights.

It's a fucking circus. It's seriously pathetic now. There really needs to be a change over there. I really thought Coker would make things better but this is worse than ever. I can't believe I'm saying that Bellator was better with Bjorn 'cause ever since Coker got there, things got really, really fucking weird and dumb.

What a joke this is. The two main fights tonight would've made smaller promotions go under or something I bet.

This is just sad.

This was ridiculous. I could have had a more productive night buying action figures and making still motion videos of the Bellator event.

As an organization you cannot be in control of what the fighters do but to act like a worthwhile event took place or to not cry foul on the main event, shows a complete lack of class. I am halfheartedly tempted to sue Bellator for pain and suffering.

It's just me or did Shamrock begun bending his knees a lil' bit before the knee by Gracie actually landed in his head?

He was bending at the knees reacting from getting kneed in his sack. Ate a pretty gnarly low blow.

He was bending at the knees reacting from getting kneed in his sack. Ate a pretty gnarly low blow.
Only took him 5 seconds and a knee to the head. Like Royce's knee turned on the part of his brain that feels pain in his balls.

Dana White pictured with Scott Coker in better times.

3005vte.jpg

*I'm too lazy to edit the clown's hat to say Coker.

Say what one wants about the UFC's own dumbassery, but it at least feels like a legitimate sport even though it doesn't always resemble one in terms of promotion. I honestly don't put all the blame on Coker as Viacom was heading that way at the end of the Bjorn era with all the pro wrestling cross promotion, but it's clearly gotten worse.

Dana White pictured with Scott Coker in better times.

3005vte.jpg

*I'm too lazy to edit the clown's hat to say Coker.

Say what one wants about the UFC's own dumbassery, but it at least feels like a legitimate sport even though it doesn't always resemble one in terms of promotion. I honestly don't put all the blame on Coker as Viacom was heading that way at the end of the Bjorn era with all the pro wrestling cross promotion, but it's clearly gotten worse.
It my have been creeping, but this was a quantum leap.

Only took him 5 seconds and a knee to the head. Like Royce's knee turned on the part of his brain that feels pain in his balls.

Well it's already been explained that Royce had wrist control on Ken, so he couldn't "react".

And if you were paying attention, you'd see Ken bending at the knees in pain before the head shot landed.

Well it's already been explained that Royce had wrist control on Ken, so he couldn't "react".

And if you were paying attention, you'd see Ken bending at the knees in pain before the head shot landed.
Bitch, please. I've been kneed in the balls before in wrist control, and it never stopped my knees from buckling.

A lot of people bashing Bellator, but how many of you watch every event, not just the ones with Kimbo and Royce?

Like it or not these fights bring in the ratings. They're just giving the public what it wants, and doing what they need to do to survive and grow.

There were 300 Sherdoggers in this thread tonight. Check back next week and see how many there are for an event headlined by legit fighters.

The Bellator 148 thread had 203 posts, this one 2700 and counting

A lot of people bashing Bellator, but how many of you watch every event, not just the ones with Kimbo and Royce?

Like it or not these fights bring in the ratings. They're just giving the public what it wants, and doing what they need to do to survive and grow.

There were 300 Sherdoggers in this thread tonight. Check back next week and see how many there are for an event headlined by legit fighters.
I can't deny..I love trainwrecks.

He did say that, but aside from that comment, they just commentated like it was an ordinary fight and not the atrocity that we were witnessing.

You must've missed the commentating that round. Besides it's his job to not be negative.

Back