Bellator 195 does 465k

Of course, people are going to defend these ratings, but man.

This is MTV-era Bellator bad.

what Fedor/Mir ends up doing will be pretty interesting, they really need that one to be big, 800-1mill average type big and I dont know if its gonna get there.

Virtually identical to the last card which was a better card, it doesn't matter who they put on it looks like they'll get similar ratings from now on. Only Rory, Fedor, Rampage and Chael might make slight differences. The real ratings draws were Kimbo and Tito and Conor when he went crazy

I wonder if they are worried or how much they care. They could always do a ratings rescue show and have a John Taffer advertiser type guy try to fix Bellator as the first show. If that show sucks and has low ratings it would look bad though because they can't even rescue their own show which is a show to rescue ratings of other shows.

Possibly in between fights add lip sync battles on the show with celebs, that would boost the ratings.

They can do more to promote their shows and brand.

Bellator has close to 200 cards of content on their library with KOs and barnburners throughout and they haven’t done an unleashed style show outside of a couple when they first went on Spike. They lightly promote their so called tent poles but a Darrion Caldwell card gets no push whatsoever. I wouldn’t know it was happening if I didn’t frequent worldwide mma.

Bellator has close to 200 cards of content on their library with KOs and barnburners throughout and they haven’t done an unleashed style show outside of a couple when they first went on Spike. They lightly promote their so called tent poles but a Darrion Caldwell card gets no push whatsoever. I wouldn’t know it was happening if I didn’t frequent worldwide mma.

This exactly, put some memorable moments from fighters still on the roster, use it to promote upcoming cards they are on and get people involved/excited

what Fedor/Mir ends up doing will be pretty interesting, they really need that one to be big, 800-1mill average type big and I dont know if its gonna get there.

No chance, unless they add something new and huge I doubt it hits 650k.

Very true. People are quick to find random reasons to blame their lack of viewership. But the truth is that Bellator is just garbage at promoting. There’s literally so many things they could do to get the brand name out there. It’s quite disappointing honestly.

If rampage vs chael couldnt event break 800k average viewers I cant possibly see how Fedor/Mir breaks 800k.

at this point they'll need chuck vs tito to get those type of numbers.

Virtually identical to the last card which was a better card, it doesn't matter who they put on it looks like they'll get similar ratings from now on. Only Rory, Fedor, Rampage and Chael might make slight differences. The real ratings draws were Kimbo and Tito and Conor when he went crazy

I wonder if they are worried or how much they care. They could always do a ratings rescue show and have a John Taffer advertiser type guy try to fix Bellator as the first show. If that show sucks and has low ratings it would look bad though because they can't even rescue their own show which is a show to rescue ratings of other shows.

Possibly in between fights add lip sync battles on the show with celebs, that would boost the ratings.

I'd like to point out that the Mitrione/Nelson fight went up against the Olympics which was averaging 20m or so and the premiere of black panther, which was a box office monster.

this card didnt go up against anything like that.

not making any excuses, but i do think that the mittrione card was doomed to fail because of the steep competition.

still crazy how a throw away card did almost as much as a card with much bigger names.

If rampage vs chael couldnt event break 800k average viewers I cant possibly see how Fedor/Mir breaks 800k.

That was going against UFC event that night, this will be a tentpole on a Sat with no competition. If it doesnt do over 800k average then Bellator is fucked.

I made this post in another thread:

Jon Fitch was on The MMA Hour yesterday proclaiming Scott Coker the best promoter. I can’t see how Jon and others continue to make that claim when: (1) Bellator’s ratings continue to slide; (2) Bellator pays most of their fighters well below the UFC (compare the fights purses for UFC 222 and Bellator 195 as an example); and (3) Bellator’s overhead has increased significantly without any signs of ratings improvement.

I wonder what their internet #'s are like? I mean they have their stuff up the next day.

That was going against UFC event that night, this will be a tentpole on a Sat with no competition. If it doesnt do over 800k average then Bellator is fucked.

I think they're already fucked. if the HWGP didnt turn things around I dont know what will. It's pretty clear the occasional pop in ratings with the freak show fights isnt doing anything for the brand/promotion.

Back