Bellator 195 does 465k

I think they're already fucked. if the HWGP didnt turn things around I dont know what will. It's pretty clear the occasional pop in ratings with the freak show fights isnt doing anything for the brand/promotion.

But to them atleast getting the occasional big rating with these old guys keeps them off deaths door. even if it doesnt do anything for the cards after.

But now it doesnt even look like the old fights are doing what they need them to do. But they have to try which is why they are talking to Chuck and want to do Wandy/Rampage in Brazil.

They are desperate.

its not bad for a complete no-name card, right?

If rampage vs chael couldnt event break 800k average viewers I cant possibly see how Fedor/Mir breaks 800k.

There was a huge UFC event with two championship fights on that night. To be more precise: Light heavyweight and Heavyweight belts were on the line

It doesn't help that I wouldn't know when the majority of their cards are on unless I see it here on sherdog.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Coker is a terrible promoter and an even worse match-maker. The guy has absolutely no forethought whatsoever.

I will turn my tv on just to help numbers, belabor doing better is good for MMA all together. As MMA fan we all have to help their growth.

I will turn my tv on just to help numbers, belabor doing better is good for MMA all together. As MMA fan we all have to help their growth.

I don't think it helps numbers unless you have a Nielson box in your house.

Virtually identical to the last card which was a better card, it doesn't matter who they put on it looks like they'll get similar ratings from now on. Only Rory, Fedor, Rampage and Chael might make slight differences. The real ratings draws were Kimbo and Tito and Conor when he went crazy

I wonder if they are worried or how much they care. They could always do a ratings rescue show and have a John Taffer advertiser type guy try to fix Bellator as the first show. If that show sucks and has low ratings it would look bad though because they can't even rescue their own show which is a show to rescue ratings of other shows.

Possibly in between fights add lip sync battles on the show with celebs, that would boost the ratings.
Rory is a decent draw but Fedor is not anymore and has not been for years.

It doesn't help that I wouldn't know when the majority of their cards are on unless I see it here on sherdog.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Coker is a terrible promoter and an even worse match-maker. The guy has absolutely no forethought whatsoever.
Why not set a season pass on your DVR, check the Bellator web site or a combat sports calendar instead of being so helpless?

Why not set a season pass on your DVR, check the Bellator web site or a combat sports calendar instead of being so helpless?

Who the hell wants to watch past due live content? Bellator themselves already spoil their own tape-delayed events.

Imagine someone having to tell you to DVR a live game for any other sport, just in case you “accidentally” miss it. This is the type of nonsense only mma fans would justify.

but he does as he's told, I think that's the point.

Rich Choi is the matchmaker, they run too many cards for the roster they have, they have main card fights with women who have 1 pro fight between them. Viacom own loads of channels, hell they could put 12 big cards on Paramount and 12 challenger series cards on say MTV2 That way you get to build up the cards, while still feeding new guys decent fights. MTV 2 us expected to draw shit ratings, they are now concentrating on Paramount, MTV, Comedy Channel, BET, Nickelodeon & Nick Jr, so those are the main networks.

Paramount Network has lost several homes both with cord cutting & being put on a non basic cable package.

Back