News Bellator 290: Bader vs Fedor 2 (on CBS) February 4th.

If for some reason the Yoel fight doesnt happen, then they should do the BWGP final as co-main. Also, Usman winning the LW title could potentially mean that we could see the LWGP on CBS. Again, for better or for worse but Usman's last name carries some viewership.
Usman's last name carries ALOT with casuals. Even if they have never seen Usman fight, they will recognize the last name and come to view

Also unironically, sponsor money for this card should actually be pretty good

Excited for the fight , but I wish Fedor got an easier opponent so we won't see him KO'd in his retirement fight :-(

That tweet was in reference to tonight's event but sums up pretty much anything outside of the UFC. So that's why you get fights with Fedor and Yoel on cards like this.

You can build a roster with killers, good fights and put good cards together, but if you don't provide fights the media knows will be clickable, they won't care about them and likewise regular and casual fans won't either. This is an issue with mma and not just Bellator.

That tweet was in reference to tonight's event but sums up pretty much anything outside of the UFC. So that's why you get fights with Fedor and Yoel on cards like this.

You can build a roster with killers, good fights and put good cards together, but if you don't provide fights the media knows will be clickable, they won't care about them and likewise regular and casual fans won't either. This is an issue with mma and not just Bellator.

Exactly, for example I like the ONE product and agree they put out good events, but literally no one talks about them or any of their champs. UFC could shit out a stinker of a card and it will get 4 times the talk of a really good non-UFC card

Usman vs AJ is a fight that could draw some eye balls if properly promoted

Exactly, for example I like the ONE product and agree they put out good events, but literally no one talks about them or any of their champs. UFC could shit out a stinker of a card and it will get 4 times the talk of a really good non-UFC card
Fedor is just the man for that. The MMA media and casuals will have something to talk about, good or bad. I hioe this isnt a just one-off event, there is plenty of talent that, if given the opportunity, can grow the brand exponentially.

I actually think Fedor can win this, Bader hasnt looked great, Fedor could catch him.

Not the fights I would have done though, I'd have Cyborg and Pitbull/AJ and done Fedor vs Reem or even Anderson, I dont want that fight honestly but it would be a much bigger deal than fighting Bader again.

But finally Viacom is using their network and giving them a shot on CBS.

I actually think Fedor can win this, Bader hasnt looked great, Fedor could catch him.

Not the fights I would have done though, I'd have Cyborg and Pitbull/AJ and done Fedor vs Reem or even Anderson, I dont want that fight honestly but it would be a much bigger deal than fighting Bader again.

But finally Viacom is using their network and giving them a shot on CBS.
The weird thing is that they are spending virtually $0 in promoting today's event but, at the same time they are willing to put them on primetime CBS.

The weird thing is that they are spending virtually $0 in promoting today's event but, at the same time they are willing to put them on primetime CBS.

Might as well try it, its a dead week between the football games. We'll see if its just filler or if they really get behind it and push it hard.

Might as well try it, its a dead week between the football games. We'll see if its just filler or if they really get behind it and push it hard.
Lets just hope they bring a brand new commentwry team. It will be embarrassing to have Mauro and Big John doing the pbp.

I fucking told you sooooo!!!!!!!

If Fedor KO's Bader this site will crash as it has many times before when Fedor's wins.

Bellator fight cards have been getting better and better. Glad to see them getting put on the CBS network.

Rampage and Shogun need to get in shape quick!!!

Remember Fedor made his network primetime debut on the CBS network. It was Fedor vs Rogers who was undefeated and TKO'd Andrei Arlovski 22 second into the first round. The CBS broadcast of the Strikeforce event had 4.04 million average rating. The main event fight Fedor vs Rogers hit a high of 5.5 million viewers. Thats the reason why Fedor will again be the main event for the CBS network broadcast. Everyone that has ever been a Fedor fan will be tuning in to watch if MMA's GOAT can pull off another upset win. I know I will be watching this Fedor title fight just like I have always watched all of his fights sitting on the edge of my chair as my blood pressure rising waiting for that moment this legend pulls off another incredible win for the Bellator HW championship. Yes I want to see that story book ending for the GOAT Fedor.

Back