• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Bellator 290: Bader vs Fedor 2 (on CBS) February 4th.

I miss the fight what the fuck happen.

Sign of getting old, when all those legends are your age and geriatric, brought a tear to my eye...

Do you guys think we'll ever see something like Pride again? The fighters, the production, the atmosphere?
I hope so. MMA desperately needs a major MMA promotion more than ever but nothing is really coming close, especially in Japan where the product is overall feels more respectable and prestigious compared to the justbleedbro machoism in western MMA. Rizin and Dream had a lot of promise but struggled to gain a good foothold in the market of aquiring talent and personalities.

Sign of getting old, when all those legends are your age and geriatric, brought a tear to my eye...

Do you guys think we'll ever see something like Pride again? The fighters, the production, the atmosphere?

No. Just like we'll never see WCW NWO years, WWF Attitude era, the rise of Stone Cold and the Rock, etc.

as the sport evolves so do those things.

I hope so. MMA desperately needs a major MMA promotion more than ever but nothing is really coming close, especially in Japan where the product is overall feels more respectable and prestigious compared to the justbleedbro machoism in western MMA. Rizin and Dream had a lot of promise but struggled to gain a good foothold in the market of aquiring talent and personalities.

I kinda felt Bellator did a decent job with production today, at least compared to UFC. But I agree with this. Why do you think they don't do it? Can't be cost, is fans in the west less interested?
Usually when someone (Conor. Izzy) does something to spice up the entrance it it well received...

It's just so sad that we can never get a happy ending from our legends. It always end up bad for them.

From Ali, Tyson, Jordan, Fedor and you name it, they all go out looking old and sad. You hope and pray for one more miracle and it never happens. It's just another one of those sad and powerful realizations that age is undefeated.

So, to lighten the mood...

My favourite Fedor moment was the destruction of Heath, who I really like and was tough as hell.
The way he did it showed he was the real deal and it started his epic run.

What are your best Fedor moments?

I kinda felt Bellator did a decent job with production today, at least compared to UFC. But I agree with this. Why do you think they don't do it? Can't be cost, is fans in the west less interested?
Usually when someone (Conor. Izzy) does something to spice up the entrance it it well received...
Bellator is a pretty solid product, they've made some good broadcast and network deals, they do have a lot of talent but they're living in a bit of a shadow of the UFC with their recycling of some of their talent. If Bellator can continue doing cross promotion, develop and interest in new talent and market new fighters and avoid any PPV model they could still gain some momentum. Would love to see them do more overseas shows. I'ts so hard to compete with the UFC, it has a monopoly over MMA, it's basically their plan to kill any major MMA promotion and just have a bunch of regional level promotions feeder orgs for their talent but they're even trying to take over that with DWCS and their fight pass deals with minor orgs.

It's just so sad that we can never get a happy ending from our legends. It always end up bad for them.

From Ali, Tyson, Jordan, Fedor and you name it, they all go out looking old and sad. You hope and pray for one more miracle and it never happens. It's just another one of those sad and powerful realizations that age is undefeated.
Can't put Jordan in that category, Jordan actually put up respectable numbers in his last few seasons, scoring around 20 - 25 ppg which is far beyond average and insane for someone who was 40 years old, plus he transformed complete dog shit into something pretty respectable.

Good riddance.
I placed a bet, won.
Donating all of it to the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
The trash back where to it belongs. Bloodied, beaten, on the floor, defeated, demolished.

So, to lighten the mood...

My favourite Fedor moment was the destruction of Heath, who I really like and was tough as hell.
The way he did it showed he was the real deal and it started his epic run.

What are your best Fedor moments?
I remember the fight well. Was it that fight where Bas Rutten was just calling him "this guy"?

My favourite is the Nog trilogy(?). I didn't like Nog at the time either, so it was extra sweet for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El Diego
Back