• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Bellator 290: Bader vs Fedor 2 (on CBS) February 4th.

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm still on the verge of tears after watching that. There was just something incredibly sad about it. It was bigger than MMA. It's like seeing your father in his old age get beat up or Superman to not be Superman anymore and get destroyed.

Also, if you are 40+, it just makes you think about life in general seeing someone in their late 40s basically having nothing to offer. This one is going to hurt for a long time...

It's just so sad that we can never get a happy ending from our legends. It always end up bad for them.

From Ali, Tyson, Jordan, Fedor and you name it, they all go out looking old and sad. You hope and pray for one more miracle and it never happens. It's just another one of those sad and powerful realizations that age is undefeated.
I mean if they are winning why should they retire.

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm still on the verge of tears after watching that. There was just something incredibly sad about it. It was bigger than MMA. It's like seeing your father in his old age get beat up or Superman to not be Superman anymore and get destroyed.

Also, if you are 40+, it just makes you think about life in general seeing someone in their late 40s basically having nothing to offer. This one is going to hurt for a long time...
Fighting is a young mans game, 46 is old as fuck to be fighting especially a career as long as Fedors. Fedor is still extremely capable compared to the average guy, he could still train and compete in judo, sambo grappling or striking at a local amateur level and likely dominate seniors / masters divisions and he'd rag doll the fuck out of the average man who has zero experience. Look at what he did to Timothy Johnson, who's by no means a scrub, we barely see speed like that among top heavyweights.

I mean if they are winning why should they retire.
Harder to recover after fights, lose speed but strength can be kept up, speed fighters should quit quickly but strength fighters can fool themselves longer.

It's okay bro. War Fedor!

Sad day. One of the last fighters from when I enjoyed MMA and Kickboxing is gone. Unfortunately I find all the organizations so bland and boring now. It's all the same scaled down production events with no flavour.

Well here's to a great career. Happy I witnessed it. Back to hockey I guess.

I'm a fan of a lot of fighters but Fedor is the only idol I have, and this was beyond sad to watch. It was particularly sad to see all the other legends stand beside him; made me feel so old. I know time catches up to everybody but Fedor had no business in that cage tonight.

Last edited:
And with that, a career older than probably half the posters on this forum, ends.
Thanks for all the fights Fedor.

That was sad and embarassing for all concerned. Pride was a long long time ago.

That was sad and embarassing for all concerned. Pride was a long long time ago.
Absolutely!
Poor Fedor looked so old, slow and defenseless in there. Please don't let people in their late 40s fight again. It's too sad.
That's what you get when your principles don't allow you to take UFC money - embarrass yourself and risk last brain cells well into 40s.

I'm having a hard time watching this post fight interview. All those legends in there to just honor him.
the-office-crying.gif

That's what you get when your principles don't allow you to take UFC money - embarrass yourself and risk last brain cells well into 40s.
Anderson Silva and Andrei Arlovski must just embarrass themselves in their 40s for the sheer fun of it, then?

Even so, I dont think including the west coast will double those numbers. If this flops it will be a massive L for Bellator. If primetime CBS, Fedor, and proper marketing cant pull decent numbers then nothing will. Might as well not promote for shit like they always do.

Also, I think Coker expected 3 million total viewership not just that specific demographic. Or how is this calculated?

Even so, I dont think including the west coast will double those numbers. If this flops it will be a massive L for Bellator. If primetime CBS, Fedor, and proper marketing cant pull decent numbers then nothing will. Might as well not promote for shit like they always do.

At what point are people here going to accept that regular and casual "mma" fans are never going to care for mma outside of the UFC? Nothing these companies or fighters due really matters to them.

No matter how good we think certain fighters are or how good a card is, it's irrelevant to them. No matter how much Coker or Bellator talk about how great the LWGP is, you and I both know nothing will be gained in the end. "I'd like to see them in the UFC" will be the best compliment they'll get. It won't carry over to anything else

At what point are people here going to accept that regular and casual "mma" fans are never going to care for mma outside of the UFC? Nothing these companies or fighters due really matters to them.

No matter how good we think certain fighters are or how good a card is, it's irrelevant to them. No matter how much Coker or Bellator talk about how great the LWGP is, you and I both know nothing will be gained in the end. "I'd like to see them in the UFC" will be the best compliment they'll get. It won't carry over to anything else
About 90% of all comments about the event is that Eblen would barely crack the top 10 in the UFC. Or that Alex Pereira would definitely beat his ass up. Its just a sad state of afairs for MMA outside the UFC.

The other issue is that Bellator is a little known MMA brand, for them to be competitive with the UFC they need to be on CBS consistently for a couple years and market the shit out if it. I really dont see this happening, CBS is not that committed to MMA. I dont know why Coker expected a 3 million viewership just on Fedor's name.

Last edited:
Back