Bellator 295 Stots vs Mix

I'll be rooting for MIx. I love that guys style both in and out of the cage. He seems like a cool dude who's rugged as heck. Great grappling too.

Stots is one of the fighters who deserves more respect from the MMA community, he is always underestimated by everyone and always surprises.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/4/...ez-stepping-up-as-replacement-at-bellator-295

Aaron Pico has a new opponent for his return to the Bellator cage on April 22.

Pico was slated to face Otto Rodrigues in his first fight since injuring his shoulder against Jeremy Kennedy in October 2020, but he’ll now face James Gonzalez after the Brazilian withdrew due to injury, MMA Fighting has learned.

Gonzalez accepts the fight after previously pulling off a stunning upset over highly touted prospect Cody Law back at Bellator 282. Overall, Gonzalez holds a 10-5 record with four wins in his past five fights.

Bellator 295 will take place at the Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Hawaii and feature a bantamweight tournament final clash between Raufeon Stots and Patchy Mix in the main event.

Pico (10-4) was riding a six-fight winning streak with five finishes when he lost via injury to Kennedy, slowing his momentum and forcing the highly-touted featherweight prospect off action for nearly seven months.

Rodrigues (13-1) currently rehabs before re-scheduling his Bellator debut for later this year, looking to extend his winning streak to 13. The former Jungle Fight featherweight titleholder finished half of his previous 12 MMA bouts by way of submission.

Damon Martin contributed to this report.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/4/...ez-stepping-up-as-replacement-at-bellator-295

Aaron Pico has a new opponent for his return to the Bellator cage on April 22.

Pico was slated to face Otto Rodrigues in his first fight since injuring his shoulder against Jeremy Kennedy in October 2020, but he’ll now face James Gonzalez after the Brazilian withdrew due to injury, MMA Fighting has learned.

Gonzalez accepts the fight after previously pulling off a stunning upset over highly touted prospect Cody Law back at Bellator 282. Overall, Gonzalez holds a 10-5 record with four wins in his past five fights.

Bellator 295 will take place at the Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Hawaii and feature a bantamweight tournament final clash between Raufeon Stots and Patchy Mix in the main event.

Pico (10-4) was riding a six-fight winning streak with five finishes when he lost via injury to Kennedy, slowing his momentum and forcing the highly-touted featherweight prospect off action for nearly seven months.

Rodrigues (13-1) currently rehabs before re-scheduling his Bellator debut for later this year, looking to extend his winning streak to 13. The former Jungle Fight featherweight titleholder finished half of his previous 12 MMA bouts by way of submission.

Damon Martin contributed to this report.
That is as good a late replacement from the regionals as you can get, I guess.

That is as good a late replacement from the regionals as you can get, I guess.

yeah on this short notice not much you can do, just have to keep him on the card.

I caved in and got a ticket to Bellator 295 on Saturday (I got a great seat at a decent price via StubHub). Since I’m a veteran, I might decide to attend Bellator 294 as well.

I caved in and got a ticket to Bellator 295 on Saturday (I got a great seat at a decent price via StubHub). Since I’m a veteran, I might decide to attend Bellator 294 as well.

If you're a veteran you've got to go and show support to Goatmouche.

Did you know she was in Afghanistan and fought Ronda Rousey?

Well I’m at the open workout for Bellator 294 & 295. Since I live in Waikiki and the public workout is at the Royal Hawaiian Center, I figured I go and check it out.

Well I’m at the open workout for Bellator 294 & 295. Since I live in Waikiki and the public workout is at the Royal Hawaiian Center, I figured I go and check it out.
How did it go?

Tbf if anyone turns up for a Bellator open workout that's a win.
As always, I feel like the the lack of promoting played a role here. If a Bellator open workout happened a couple miles from my city, I would make an effort to go and meet Stots, Mix, Gucci, Pico, etc. But they hardly advertised it via social media. Stots vs Mix should be the biggest MMA Afight of the weekend but Bellator's lack of promotion makes it feel like some random
BW fighting in Hawaii. Thats if people even realize the event is happening.

As always, I feel like the the lack of promoting played a role here. Stots vs Mix should be the biggest MMA Afight of the weekend but Bellator's lack of promotion makes it feel like some random
BW fighting in Hawaii. Thats if people even realize the event is happening.

Neither guy is a big name.tbf they do try a bit with Stots by getting him on the desk etc, he's just really cringe.

Can't remember them doing anything special to promote Patchy.

Neither guy is a big name.tbf they do try a bit with Stots by getting him on the desk etc, he's just really cringe.

Can't remember them doing anything special to promote Patchy.
Sucks that Bellator hasnt made a bigger effort to promote them more. Their type of fighters that should be more promoted. Particularly Mix is a dynamic AF grappler that always brings it.

IDK man, looks like an extremely low turn out.

I had a fun time, laughing my behind off when Stots started trash talking about Mix. I took a ton of photos with my iPad and even drank my first energy drink (a strawberry flavored Monster). Now to be honest though, Bellator should’ve promoted their Hawaii doubleheader cards a whole lot more. There’s no way in hell that I should’ve been able to get a ticket let alone a great one this close to the event if Bellator’s marketing team were top notch at their jobs. To me this is the consequence of Viacom being cheapskates and chasing short term money by putting Bellator behind a Showtime paywall instead of putting it on basic cable and streaming the whole card on their YouTube channel in order to attract more viewers / subscribers for long term money and growth. A card that’s broadcasted on cable / YouTube is essentially a three to four hour commercial for your product and putting your main card behind a Showtime paywall (which can be expensive for fans who want to watch Bellator on cable) is shooting yourself in the foot in terms of generating the live gate attendance for your events. The way I see things, Bellator’s issues is more of a Viacom sort than a Coker thing, he can only do so much when the corporate suits at Viacom views Bellator with disinterest at best and a liability at worst.

98369-3375854.png

Lets go Yancy!

Back