Bellator 295 Stots vs Mix

borg being borg

“A Bellator official tells MMA Fighting that the scratch was due to weight management issues on Borg’s side. “

Last edited:
You really can’t expect any Ray Borg fight to happen.

everyone joked he wouldnt make the fight and then he doesnt, not even funny its just sad at this point. Bellator needs to take some blame here too for booking this at 125 knowing his issues making weight in past. Should have just kept it at BW.

everyone joked he wouldnt make the fight and then he doesnt, not even funny its just sad at this point. Bellator needs to take some blame here too for booking this at 125 knowing his issues making weight in past. Should have just kept it at BW.
Fucking cut him.

I hope they don't rebook it. Give Horiguchi someone else.

I had a fun time, laughing my behind off when Stots started trash talking about Mix. I took a ton of photos with my iPad and even drank my first energy drink (a strawberry flavored Monster). Now to be honest though, Bellator should’ve promoted their Hawaii doubleheader cards a whole lot more. There’s no way in hell that I should’ve been able to get a ticket let alone a great one this close to the event if Bellator’s marketing team were top notch at their jobs. To me this is the consequence of Viacom being cheapskates and chasing short term money by putting Bellator behind a Showtime paywall instead of putting it on basic cable and streaming the whole card on their YouTube channel in order to attract more viewers / subscribers for long term money and growth. A card that’s broadcasted on cable / YouTube is essentially a three to four hour commercial for your product and putting your main card behind a Showtime paywall (which can be expensive for fans who want to watch Bellator on cable) is shooting yourself in the foot in terms of generating the live gate attendance for your events. The way I see things, Bellator’s issues is more of a Viacom sort than a Coker thing, he can only do so much when the corporate suits at Viacom views Bellator with disinterest at best and a liability at worst.
Even without Gucci vs Borg, this is still a great card. Mix vs Stots ia top notch and the winner should definitely be in the conversation for top 1-3 BW in the world. Bellator's weakest link is definitely their PR. IDK if its Coker or CBS's fault but this event should have waaaay more hype than it has.

Will Stots wrestle with Mix tomorrow? I feel like that would be a big mistake by Stots.

Yeah man they probably should just cut him. Or how about borg vs Perez, whoever pulls out first wins.

Bellator cut Borg and Diggs for missing weight. Both missed catchweight, btw. Fucking embarrassing.

Back