Bellator MMA 120: Rampage vs King Mo 6:45PM ET Prelims/10PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

vz7ghve.png

I love it. Cormier is a diva.

That's what I'm saying. People gave Rampage round 3 for throwing punches in Mo's general direction. He landed like no clean shots the whole round

Hugging and Holding shouldn't win fights. This is the perfect way to judge a fight and it sets the standard that simply holding a fighter down isn't going to guarantee a win anymore.

The problem you are having is that you are conditioned by the judges scoring take-downs too highly in the past. Those days are over. We are going to see a lot more of these kind of decisions, where in a close fight the fighter who initiated action will be rewarded the decision over the fighter who just held a guy down.

Just like some gifs can be.. very entertaining.

Mesmerizing, I know.

Anyways, Rampage won his steak sandwich and motel room for the night.

Now he gets a shot at a better prize, the 95 Toyota Corolla.

Hugging and Holding shouldn't win fights. This is the perfect way to judge a fight and it sets the standard that simply holding a fighter down isn't going to guarantee a win anymore.

The problem you are having is that you are conditioned by the judges scoring take-downs too highly in the past. Those days are over. We are going to see a lot more of these kind of decisions, where in a close fight the fighter who initiated action will be rewarded the decision over the fighter who just held a guy down.

Amen!!

Holding and hugging isn't what won the round, it was neutralizing Rampage's offense. Rampage was either on the ground doing nothing, or whiffing at Mo's afterimage for most of the round. Sure, he landed two or three clean shots, but so did Mo with a few counters. Rampage has a legendary chin, so it is hard to gauge how effective mo's striking was by "damage". Mo did, however, do a pretty good job of controlling where the fight went and how it went down. Rampage was far too complacent with hanging out against the cage instead of trying to get back to the center of the ring. He does that sometimes. I'd be ok with that fight being a draw though.

Well at least they got everybody talking about Bellator.. so they accomplished something tonight

Holding and hugging isn't what won the round, it was neutralizing Rampage's offense. Rampage was either on the ground doing nothing, or whiffing at Mo's afterimage for most of the round. Sure, he landed two or three clean shots, but so did Mo with a few counters. Rampage has a legendary chin, so it is hard to gauge how effective mo's striking was by "damage". Mo did, however, do a pretty good job of controlling where the fight went and how it went down. Rampage was far too complacent with hanging out against the cage instead of trying to get back to the center of the ring. He does that sometimes. I'd be ok with that fight being a draw though.

I think a Draw would have been understandable as well.

This card was legendary. Complete and utter cluster fuck that anyone who cares for the legitimacy of MMA would cringe at, and it was awesome.

The total fuckery and "what the fuck are we even doing here" feel to the PPV was a perfect representation of Bellator.. and it was awesome!

You ain't an MMA fan if you can access this card for free/at a local establishment, and you still aren't interested in watching it. I can easily see the loss of Alvarez being the death knell for it being ppv worthy. But there are still a plethora of interesting fights on this card, like 7-8 from the tv prelims on up. I'm pumped!!!!!!

uhh yea

5144 posts, damn!
That's more than a UFC main event thread.

Back