Bellator MMA land 'game changing' multi-year nine-figure deal with DAZN

I’m the only one here that doesn’t know wtf DAZN is ? Had to Google it looks like the focus of this deal is oversees. Guess Viacom is hedging a bet and hoping DAZN is the new big thing. Doubtful I bet less than 50k people in America pay it due to Bellator events.

For most of us it just means we will now have to pay for what we would have got for free.

It's $150 a year too, so yeah. A major negative for me personally.

Yea I dont like change like this lol.

The only big Con to this is that you will miss 7 Bellator events if you don't want to pay. Other than that, we get all Bellator fights live and Scott is given more freedom to promote and matchmake the fights he wants. No more dependency on Paramount.

Dont have to pay and you dont have to miss any events, cant stop the internet. Does suck have to stream these events though but oh well. Sure as hell aint gonna pay 10-15 bucks a month for this.

If they price it like ESPN+ where its 5 bucks or 50 bucks a year for a deal I'd buy that, the boxing on it plus Bellator would be worth it. But if they want 2 to 3x that its too much.

Last edited:
To follow fights now you need ESPN+, PPV, DAZN etc. Looking at around $100 per month to watch...

Gee I wonder why piracy rates are skyrocketing...

Good for Bellator. Hope it works out for them and DAZN. Fuck the haters

Dont have to pay and you dont have to miss any events, cant stop the internet. Does suck have to stream these events though but oh well. Sure as hell aint gonna pay 10-15 bucks a month for this.

If they price it like ESPN+ where its 5 bucks or 50 bucks a year for a deal I'd buy that, the boxing on it plus Bellator would be worth it. But if they want 2 to 3x that its too much.

Curious to see the pricing. Not above paying $15-20 for the big cards on a month by month basis. But if they want a year long subscription for me they better discount it down to $100 a year.

Last edited:
the DAZN launch in Canada was a complete disaster. Nobody was happy with it. I don't know anybody who has it currently.

the DAZN launch in Canada was a complete disaster. Nobody was happy with it. I don't know anybody who has it currently.

What kind of content do they provide other than bellator in the future? A lot of people are saying boxing, but that could mean anything with a sport where the talent pool is as huge as boxing. For all I know it's regional circuit fights with up and comers.

I don't think neither I or any of my friends have heard of DAZN. And we're all pretty huge sports fanatics.

Curious to see the pricing. Not above paying $15-20 for the big cards on a month by month basis. But if they want a year long subscription for me they better discount it down to $100 a year.

They will be doing 30 day free trials

Get a few credit card ready with different emails & delete those cookies!

;)

What kind of content do they provide other than bellator in the future? A lot of people are saying boxing, but that could mean anything with a sport where the talent pool is as huge as boxing. For all I know it's regional circuit fights with up and comers.

Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing will do 32 events a year

What the fuck is DAZN? Smh.

Just put it on Netflix

Here is the thing
If they show growth, they can get more loans or investors
If by the end of 2019 they don't show significant growth with the Boxing/MMA deals ... it can be very scary

So DAZN has the option of cancelling it after 3 years?

Then why did they invest $1B for full 8 years of Eddie Hearn boxing

Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing will do 32 events a year

This makes a lot of sense with all of Coker's talk about a UK/European focus.

Still, nothing to incentivize me to pay it for Bellator, if I can already get DAZN's other content through cheaper and easier alternatives.

Last edited:
Back