Bellator MMA to Showtime

Thank god....................CBS sports was a death sentence even though it was more geared towards the sports fan. Problem is not many people have it and the ones that do can't even tell you what channel number it is.

Please, for the love of GOD, I hope Espinoza has a say in the cards. He did when they had Strikeforce and he better beat down Coker every single time he tries to put out some lame ass card for Showtime moving forward.

As far as the LHW tournament goes..........ehhhhhh, these guys would've been fighting each other regardless so who really cares. Watch Rumble come in at 225 and fuck it all up from the get go.

Hmmm I wonder what people on this forum will complain about Bellator now they’re officially going to Showtime...
I watche every Bellator show and want them to succeed, but a premium cable channel? Welcome to the 2000s. Showtime? Retarded foster kid of premium cable channels. They’re only picking up Bellator because their boxing contract, PBC, has been slowly pulling away from Showtime after they also signed a Fox deal. Showtime has been getting all their lowest of the low end fights.

Still pissed over the whole DAZN deal. They move to DAZN, so I subscribe. $10/month is no big deal. Then DAZN ups it to $20/month, or subscribe for $99 for a full year. I do just that, then COVID hit. Obviously not anyone’s fault, but I wasted that money on DAZN and now Bellator is done with them, so now I have to subscribe to ANOTHER premium?

Finally, what a sham of a press conference. Here’s Mauro acting like it’s 90s pro wrestling (not good stuff, either, more like WCW near the end), a tournament that Bjorn would have finished in 6 months but Coker will take 2 years for, and Puke and Moron provided a ton of unneeded filler. That’s it, folks.

VPN set to France and just watch on their YouTube channel and if you have Fight Pass just set it to Germany to bypass ESPN and watch all the non ppv stuff.

tenor.gif

So does this mean all the cards actually worth watching are back behind a paywall?

Its over, bow down to your new overlord Coker, him and 250k viewers he's gonna draw on Showtime are about to change the game.

Its over, bow down to your new overlord Coker, him and 250k viewers he's gonna draw on Showtime are about to change the game.
What would have been a better move, in your opinion? Also, does anyone know what would be decent viewership numbers on Showtime?

What would have been a better move, in your opinion? Also, does anyone know what would be decent viewership numbers on Showtime?

this is best move they could make while being owned by Viacom, surprised a CBS event wasnt announced. But this is about as good as they can do.

as for numbers, Tank's fight vs Gambo I think did like 600k peak but not sure what the whole event did, that fight did like 570k average.

But he's a PPV guy now, think last boxing on Showtime in summer did like 200k so not good. Will be interesting to see how well Bellator does there, if they can create any buzz or not.

strikeforce did kinda destroy the ufc

Rousy blew up WMMA
DC became a double champ
rockhold became champ
cyborg became champ
Lawler became champ
Woodley became champ
werdum became champ
Nick diaz fought for the belt
Hendo fought for the belt
Jacare fought for the belt
Jake shields fought for the belt
Overeem fought for the belt
OSP fought for the belt

other solid guys like moose, gill melendez, Josh thompson, Arlovski

Strikeforce was lit
Strikeforce's Jorge Masvidal currently holds UFC gold.

this is best move they could make while being owned by Viacom, surprised a CBS event wasnt announced. But this is about as good as they can do.

as for numbers, Tank's fight vs Gambo I think did like 600k peak but not sure what the whole event did, that fight did like 570k average.

But he's a PPV guy now, think last boxing on Showtime in summer did like 200k so not good. Will be interesting to see how well Bellator does there, if they can create any buzz or not.
If they can show a little momentum this year, you'll get that CBS event. Especially if they can build a big fight worth water cooler talk. I'm not sure what that fight would be off the top of my head.

I'm excited, but tempered. First, the show needs to look different on Showtime. They've got to develop some good stories during the year. Mostly... they need to get LUCKY. They have had the absolute worst luck with fights. Fights that should be big deals end up boring or lackluster, and fighters they need to win get knocked out.

I think we will know by end of May what kind of potential this move has. If they could somehow get Nick Diaz (old and washed as he is) to get Dana to let him go, then they could build up to something for sure.

This is awesome. I miss Strikeforce alot. I really hope they have Jimmy Lennon jr as ring announcer and bring back Gus Johnson!

If they can show a little momentum this year, you'll get that CBS event. Especially if they can build a big fight worth water cooler talk. I'm not sure what that fight would be off the top of my head.

I'm excited, but tempered. First, the show needs to look different on Showtime. They've got to develop some good stories during the year. Mostly... they need to get LUCKY. They have had the absolute worst luck with fights. Fights that should be big deals end up boring or lackluster, and fighters they need to win get knocked out.

I think we will know by end of May what kind of potential this move has. If they could somehow get Nick Diaz (old and washed as he is) to get Dana to let him go, then they could build up to something for sure.
These Showtime events need to look more special that's for sure. They need to have, at least better production. Off the top of my head, this arent exactly the match-ups I would have put together, save for Rumble vs Yoel. They have good name value but not they're not the most exciting on paper. We shall see, I hope they gain some momentum so we can see a potential show on CBS.

I dont think Bellator can get good numbers on CBS, at least not yet. If the UFC headlined by Max Holloway did only OK numbers, Bellator wont do any better. I'm assuming Bellator can pull better numbers than 200k on Showtime but it will be interesting for sure to see how they fare compared to boxing.

Have they mentioned anything about the prelims? I'm assuming the whole show wont be through Showtime because that would be like a 5-6 hour slot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back