• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Bellator sale talks heating up

So according the Thompson, PFL is intent on keeping the season and playoff format and would just take 20 fighters and let go of the rest

they would cut 80% of the roster because 80% of the roster if not more isnt worth much.

This is not Combate Global

I don't think the UFC can purchase them. Their defense that their market dominance is not a monopoly under the Muhammad Ali act was that there are other active orgs such as Bellator.
UFC shoudnt bother purchasing Bellator. There really is no need. They let go of most of the guys they have.

UFC shoudnt bother purchasing Bellator. There really is no need. They let go of most of the guys they have.
We've all seen how that worked with Yahoo not buying Google and Facebook not buying Snapchat. I'm sure they're well aware how things can shift and probably have some kind of strategy around it. Legally they don't have a monopoly on the sport right now because of these other orgs, in reality the UFC have a market dominance which is on par with a monopoly, the only way they can maintain that status quo is to pretend that there is real competition. UFC is clearly not content with competition as the google/snapchat comparison is always breathing down their neck.

Bellator shows are so empty. So they make money off online views ?

Bellator shows are so empty. So they make money off online views ?

Empty maybe during the prelims. The shows they've had in Europe were filled along with the Japan show with RIZIN. Mostly all the shows held in the USA are packed but not sold out. Then again even though the UFC has consistently claimed during PPV's the arena is sold out they are lying.

Just check Ticketmaster when the UFC PPV portion of the card starts you'll see plenty seats still available for the event this can easily be seen during the prelims portion of the card. During the PPV portion of the UFC event they move people from nose bleed section down so it has the illusion its packed then have the gall to claim the show is sold out but again Ticketmaster doesn't lie.

Empty maybe during the prelims. The shows they've had in Europe were filled along with the Japan show with RIZIN. Mostly all the shows held in the USA are packed but not sold out. Then again even though the UFC has consistently claimed during PPV's the arena is sold out they are lying.

Just check Ticketmaster when the UFC PPV portion of the card starts you'll see plenty seats still available for the event this can easily be seen during the prelims portion of the card. During the PPV portion of the UFC event they move people from nose bleed section down so it has the illusion its packed then have the gall to claim the show is sold out but again Ticketmaster doesn't lie.
They forgot to do it in Brazil at their last event and you could definitely see whole sectors of the arena empty, but it was still a “sold out show”

I watched Yoels free fight oj Bellator, New upload, looked small. The crowd. Under 5000. I seen crowds of +5000 in regular small time shows in Bosnia.

I watched Yoels free fight oj Bellator, New upload, looked small. The crowd. Under 5000. I seen crowds of +5000 in regular small time shows in Bosnia.
Both fights on YouTube were in Europe. Polizzi was in Paris. Crowd was 18k. Manhoef was in Dublin. Crowd was 10k. Both were sellouts.

Get some glasses.

Both fights on YouTube were in Europe. Polizzi was in Paris. Crowd was 18k. Manhoef was in Dublin. Crowd was 10k. Both were sellouts.

Get some glasses.

Maybe I'm used to ufc crowds of big shows and thought that looked small. 18k looks smaller then I imagine. Simply cause I underestimated it. 18 k is pretty good.

They forgot to do it in Brazil at their last event and you could definitely see whole sectors of the arena empty, but it was still a “sold out show”

Yes UFC 283 Teixeira vs Hill in Rio de Janeiro they just couldn't fill in the lower sections during the PPV portion it still had lots of empty seats.

Maybe I'm used to ufc crowds of big shows and thought that looked small. 18k looks smaller then I imagine. Simply cause I underestimated it. 18 k is pretty good.

Both UFC and Bellator sell tickets pretty well. The major difference is the UFC avg ticket cost is miles beyond what Bellator can pull in. Like Bellator's next show, which is a big show event for them. You can get seats on the floor row 8 for $200. UFC event you be lucky to if you can sit in last few rows of the lower bowl at that price and completely forget if its a major PPV event that people actually want to see.

The UFC routinely sells out, Bellator not so much but still very well. Bellator sells better under Coker than it ever did previously. Though I will say it seems to be down some probably from Bellator raising prices of live event quite a bit compared to say pre covid.

P.S.: The next big event in Chicago holds about 10K. As of now its about 50% sold.

Last edited:
So PFL and Bellator both likely to raise funding rounds soon?

I wonder who will buy Bellator at this point? I mean they're filled with talents, but they can't sell.

Back