News Bellator sale talks heating up

I wonder who will buy Bellator at this point? I mean they're filled with talents, but they can't sell.

Someone linked to some of Josh's comments already but on one of the latest Weighing In episodes, with the way he was talking and acting, I get the feeling that he believes PFL ends up with them in the end, while hoping the other interested parties do get it.

Also Josh and Big John wouldn't be having conversations with people from PFL, if there weren't ongoing discussions. So it does undermine Ariel's comments that PFL has been out of the picture.

Say what you will about Josh, but he's brought up and hinted at business related and behind the scenes stuff in the past.

This has been going on too long the suspense is killing me! Somebody please buy Bellator soon, or merge Bellator with Rizin soon.. please

(WWE sales talks did not last this long)

This has been going on too long the suspense is killing me! Somebody please buy Bellator soon, or merge Bellator with Rizin soon.. please

(WWE sales talks did not last this long)

My guess is it has a lot more to do with what are they getting with buying Bellator. Is Viacom including a media deal of any sorts and if so does it represent the current media market. What about the international deals. How long are any of the deals linked?

I know one rumor was the offers they got weren't anywhere near what they were hoping for.

I don't know at this point outside of they seem to be much more serious talks going on than ever before. Coker even commented about it which is pretty odd in my opinion unless a deal was almost imminent at this point. His side seems to be really wanting to bring in investors and Viacom seems to want to keep a piece also. Personally, I think they need to cut the ties with Viacom if they ever want to be something more than they are. They have to be able to capitalize 100% on the media deals around the world and mainly in the US. Even when they got the DAZN deal not much changed with Bellator even though they just got 30M a year bump in revenue. I think 90% of that went right into Viacom's pocket cause it surely didn't go towards marketing the brand or talent. I'm guessing potential investors are looking for more oversight/control of the product and that maybe the sticking point. Coker great at talent relations, growing a MMA product on investors money and getting a return on that not so much (ie: Strikeforce). Coker is great in a promoter/talent relations roll, he just shouldn't be the driving force of the true business side of the product. I don't think he has the time or the people to successfully accomplish both.

sounds like most likely a fund is going to buy bellator which means it's going to die. PFL and One FC will die when they cant raise anymore capitial just like the ifl, proelite. When the economy crashes all these guys and anyone who cant turn a profit will die.

sounds like most likely a fund is going to buy bellator which means it's going to die. PFL and One FC will die when they cant raise anymore capitial just like the ifl, proelite. When the economy crashes all these guys and anyone who cant turn a profit will die.
When the economy crashes? What do you know?

Sherdog worldwide section needs to come together and buy our stake, will get bellator on track to take over the UFC

When the economy crashes? What do you know?

Bond market is predicting a crash by the end of the year/1st quarter next. The bond market is rarely if ever wrong. WHen that happens dumb money dries up and all these businesses like pfl and one who dont make money and rely on raising capital will go belly up.

Oh shit Todd Atkins is gonna be right after all and we're all gonna have to apologize for doubting him.
Sounds like a partnership of sorts. Depending on how it looks like, it could be positive.

Back