News Bellator sale talks heating up

just fold? what? they're worth something. they're not just going to fold.
Bro shit is just getting ridiculous at this point. Why are ppl on this forum so quick to believe any bullshit they see? This Turd Flatkins guy is a joke. PFL was never going to buy Bellator. And Bellator is not folding. They are a profitable entity. Coker even said it. “Bellator has been good business for Viacom.” The only reason they are doing 12 shows this year is because they are in a state of flux. They are looking to bring in a partner who will provide possibly another platform to stage events as well. It’s all in a state of transition. The company isn’t going anywhere. Idk why ppl are freaking out.

Bro shit is just getting ridiculous at this point. Why are ppl on this forum so quick to believe any bullshit they see? This Turd Flatkins guy is a joke. PFL was never going to buy Bellator. And Bellator is not folding. They are a profitable entity. Coker even said it. “Bellator has been good business for Viacom.” The only reason they are doing 12 shows this year is because they are in a state of flux. They are looking to bring in a partner who will provide possibly another platform to stage events as well. It’s all in a state of transition. The company isn’t going anywhere. Idk why ppl are freaking out.
I do think Bellator at some point really considered the possiblity of merging or partnering up with PFL. However, something didnt quiet add up and they moved on to other alternatives but people really ran with the story and rumors got out of hand. IDK if they are partnering up with an investment group, being sold outright, or what will happen. What I do know is that a PFLxBellator merger is the worst case scenario, and I hope it does not happen.

I think Bellator has reached its ceiling under the Paramount umbrella (it has for a couple years, actually) so hopefully Coker can rally together a group of investors who can either wrest Bellator from Paramount or invest in them.

Last time Coker couldnt come up with a group of investors to "save" Strikeforce but hopefully he can make it happen this time. Particularly now that the UFC lawsuit is finally moving forward, Bellator's roster has become more valuable, so hopefully someone wants to invest in them.

I do think Bellator at some point really considered the possiblity of merging or partnering up with PFL. However, something didnt quiet add up and they moved on to other alternatives but people really ran with the story and rumors got out of hand. IDK if they are partnering up with an investment group, being sold outright, or what will happen. What I do know is that a PFLxBellator merger is the worst case scenario, and I hope it does not happen.

I think Bellator has reached its ceiling under the Paramount umbrella (it has for a couple years, actually) so hopefully Coker can rally together a group of investors who can either wrest Bellator from Paramount or invest in them.

Last time Coker couldnt come up with a group of investors to "save" Strikeforce but hopefully he can make it happen this time. Particularly now that the UFC lawsuit is finally moving forward, Bellator's roster has become more valuable, so hopefully someone wants to invest in them.
Saudis buying Bellator would be the best case scenario honestly

Saudis buying Bellator would be the best case scenario honestly
Stephen Espinoza was bashing making deals with the Saudi’s in boxing … those comments might come and bite him in the ass … if the Saudi’s were an option …

Man, this guy was ready to die on the PFL is buying Bellator hill. The mental gymnastics he was willing to do to back his opinion was crazy. For him to say its not happening anymore, it must be real.

No wonder PFL is doing a desperate PFL PPV event in November. Bellator wont be folding outright because it makes no sense to just close doors and lose all their money. Either they sell for cheap to someone else or they downsize, but outright folding when you can get 8 figures or maybe 9 figures makes no sense.

To be fair, he was correct for the most part. PFL seemed to be the only player interested in it.

I'd be quite shocked if they just folded.

Getting something for it is better than nothing, even they know that. Though being owned by Viacom and shutting it down probably is barely a blip on Viacom's brass concerns.

Can't believe people are just hoping it folds. So many fighters would be just screwed. I'd say maybe 15% find another org and actually get paid decent. Rest would just disappear into the regional promotions around the world and lucky to make 1K-2K a night to fight. Honestly, from a fan perspective those 15% are probably all we care about really.

Honestly, it sounds like Bellator priced themselves out of the willing buyers market. Truth is outside of the UFC none of these orgs are self sustained or have the revenue for anyone to put a whole hell of a lot of faith in valuing it. Putting a value to raise investments is a lot different then buying out. Raising investment is usually driven by past, future performance with more weight put on the future, and the general business itself and your beliefs in that business growth potential along with the owners future plans to achieve those goals. Buying a business outright a lot comes into play especially if the owner is shopping it, its sign they are looking to get out and its gives leverage to the buyer. Especially when said business is lucky if its profitable on any level and has limited assets to value properly. Bellator has fighter contracts and video library as the primary assets. Media contracts around the world who knows how those are spelled out if Bellator sells. I'm guessing each media outlet deal would have to agree with the new owner or they'd have the option to void the contract. The value of those media contracts to PFL could vary wildly as PFL may have an existing media contract in an area and Bellator has one in the same area with a different media outlet. So that Bellator media contract in that region may not hold much value to PFL as a buyer. It's a damn mess in other words.

I'd be quite shocked if they just folded.

Getting something for it is better than nothing, even they know that. Though being owned by Viacom and shutting it down probably is barely a blip on Viacom's brass concerns.

Can't believe people are just hoping it folds. So many fighters would be just screwed. I'd say maybe 15% find another org and actually get paid decent. Rest would just disappear into the regional promotions around the world and lucky to make 1K-2K a night to fight. Honestly, from a fan perspective those 15% are probably all we care about really.

Honestly, it sounds like Bellator priced themselves out of the willing buyers market. Truth is outside of the UFC none of these orgs are self sustained or have the revenue for anyone to put a whole hell of a lot of faith in valuing it. Putting a value to raise investments is a lot different then buying out. Raising investment is usually driven by past, future performance with more weight put on the future, and the general business itself and your beliefs in that business growth potential along with the owners future plans to achieve those goals. Buying a business outright a lot comes into play especially if the owner is shopping it, its sign they are looking to get out and its gives leverage to the buyer. Especially when said business is lucky if its profitable on any level and has limited assets to value properly. Bellator has fighter contracts and video library as the primary assets. Media contracts around the world who knows how those are spelled out if Bellator sells. I'm guessing each media outlet deal would have to agree with the new owner or they'd have the option to void the contract. The value of those media contracts to PFL could vary wildly as PFL may have an existing media contract in an area and Bellator has one in the same area with a different media outlet. So that Bellator media contract in that region may not hold much value to PFL as a buyer. It's a damn mess in other words.
I do get people wanting to see everyone fighting everyone, but putting all of their best fighters in the UFC does nothing to help the fighters. I'm fine with having some fantasy fights out there, and fighters having a bit more negotiating power

AJ fighting Outlaw in the prelims of Chicago is a good indicator of this.
AJ in UFC FW would be great. That divison is somewhat stale and I am still an AJ believer. If Bellator gets bought out, it's time for him to move on to the UFC

Regarding the matchup, Outlaw is chinny and AJ is a savant in terms of wrestling so it's a winnable matchup against a game fighter

Back