Bellator winding up with three champ-champs would be disastrous

Roy Nelson and Travis Browne are true big heavyweights who punch heavy, Bader got knocked out by Light Heavyweights. And Matt Mitrione has bounced back in actual fights from being hit hard by actual heavyweights, Carl Seumanutafa and Fedor Emelianenko, and knocked them out. While when Bader has faced that kind of adversity, he just wilted up and lost.
Yeah sure Anthony Johnson doesn't hit harder then Nelson or Browne. Eactly a 12-8 bum like Carl and 40 year old Fedor gave Mitrione trouble. A stud like bader is gonna dominate Mitrione.

He doesn't have the size or power advantage however. He's also been knocked out three times in professional bouts compared to Mitrione's two times.
Size doesn't matter if you can't out wrestle your oponent, and power advantage is negligible it only matters who gets hit where and how often.

I don't know how you guys can be confident in Bader at all. Whoever lands clean first is probably going to get an early knockout and win. It's not that far off a 50/50 outcome fight the way I see it and Mitrione is a substantial underdog. If your'e just choosing for bragging rights, knock yourself out with a Bader pick, but the betting value and my money is on Mitrione.

One thing I haven't seen discussed much that really should be highlighted are the risks that Bellator is currently running by allowing three incumbent champions fighters to chase titles outside of their weight classes.

Bader, the LHW champion, is likely to win the HW Grand Prix.

MacDonald, the WW champion, could win the MW title next month.

Caldwell, the BW champion, is clearly being prepped for a FW title fight.

I'm not predicting that all three of these individuals will succeed. For example, I favour Mousasi over Rory, due to size and style. Although, that said, Rory winning is certainly possible, despite some people on the forum having a fetish for Moose. The point is that Bellator, by following the UFC's recent fascination with weight-class jumping, is looking at utter chaos. In principle, of Bellator's seven men's divisions, six of the titles could be held by just three men.

If someone becomes a champ-champ, either (i) they keep both belts, in which case the realities of how long it takes to prepare for a fight and then recover mean that two divisions will slow to a crawl or (ii) they vacate one of the belts, thus ensuring that whoever becomes the new champion in that division lacks legitimacy.

Either way, that is hardly a good outcome for Bellator. They have a lot of TV shows to fill out, and need title defences to headline them. They also need viewers to take their champions seriously if they are to really make progress as a company.

This smacks of the short-termism that has been the hallmark of WME decision-making over in Las Vegas.

I agree, it’s a potentially messy situation, and shortsighted by Bellator.

Yeah sure Anthony Johnson doesn't hit harder then Nelson or Browne. Eactly a 12-8 bum like Carl and 40 year old Fedor gave Mitrione trouble. A stud like bader is gonna dominate Mitrione.
That's your opinion, but still the facts remain Ryan Bader could not survive being punched hard by not only Anthony Johnson which you tried so unsuccessfully to only act like I only mentioned him, Bader could not survive being punched by Glover Teixeira and Lyoto Machida. He didn't recover, and he didn't fight through it. It simply actual facts While Matt Mitrione actually recovered after being punched hard and knocked down by Fedor Emelianenko and by Carl Seumanutafa, and Matt Mitrione came back to knocked them both out. And you also very unsuccessfully tried to use semantics that Fedor Emelianenko doesn't punch hard because of his age and because Carl Seumanutafa is 12-8 means he doesn't punch hard. It's like you are some person who doesn't even understand fighting at all. Any professional fighter can knockout any other professional fighter. I think Ryan Bader is going to have a problem with getting hit by Mitrione and I think Mitrione is going to have a problem with Ryan Bader attempting to lay and pray on him. But for everyone counting this Bader winning the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament is some done deal is just crazy talk

Yeah that would really hurt the number of title fights they could do. Seems like most champions fight twice a year at most. Could you imagine if Brent Primus was a champ-champ?

Rumble has the power to KO anybody plus it's not like Bader is a small LHW.

That's your opinion, but still the facts remain Ryan Bader could not survive being punched hard by not only Anthony Johnson which you tried so unsuccessfully to only act like I only mentioned him, Bader could not survive being punched by Glover Teixeira and Lyoto Machida. He didn't recover, and he didn't fight through it. It simply actual facts While Matt Mitrione actually recovered after being punched hard and knocked down by Fedor Emelianenko and by Carl Seumanutafa, and Matt Mitrione came back to knocked them both out. And you also very unsuccessfully tried to use semantics that Fedor Emelianenko doesn't punch hard because of his age and because Carl Seumanutafa is 12-8 means he doesn't punch hard. It's like you are some person who doesn't even understand fighting at all. Any professional fighter can knockout any other professional fighter. I think Ryan Bader is going to have a problem with getting hit by Mitrione and I think Mitrione is going to have a problem with Ryan Bader attempting to lay and pray on him. But for everyone counting this Bader winning the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament is some done deal is just crazy talk
That's your distortion of facts to suit your narrative.
Like anyone can recover from getting caught clean by Rumble, he did the same to gus who is one of the most durable guys in mma, Glover while less talented is also an incredible ko artist in his prime when he beat bader, and prime Machida is a world class striker at any weight. Matt lost to any b-level talent he's ever faced, he's lucky Nelson didn't exploit his weak tdd in round one and loss to him a second time. It's laughable that you think recovering to beat a nameless journeyman means matt could do it vs a world class fighter, and I wasn't saying Fedor still can't hit it's the other things he lost with age that matt was able to recover better, like his speed and durability. Earlier in the thread you called Nelson a "legit heavyweight" when his entire career everyones pushed him to lose that 30lb gut and be a LHW where he belongs. Facts are losing to ufc LHW champions and title challengers only vs losing to guys at the bottom of the ufc HW 10 at the peak of their careers AND being 40 mean the first guy should win.

But whatever you can hate bader a 35 guy in the prime of fighting career vs 40+ old slow punchers who are gonna retire anyday and need to be lucky as fuck to catch him with something clean here.

Last edited:
ItalkI don't understand gambling odds, sorry.
It means that you get a premium for betting Mitrione as the underdog. You can get risk $100 to win $195 and collect $295. Where if you wanted to bet Ryan Bader as the favorite you would have to risk something like $225 to win $100 and collect $325.

That's your distortion of facts to suit your narrative.
Like anyone can recover from getting caught clean by Rumble, he did the same to gus who is one of the most durable guys in mma, Glover while less talented is also an incredible ko artist in his prime when he beat bader, and prime Machida is a world class striker at any weight. Matt lost to any b-level talent he's ever faced, he's lucky Nelson didn't exploit his weak tdd in round one and loss to him a second time. It's laughable that you think recovering to beat a nameless journeyman means matt could do it vs a world class fighter, and I wasn't saying Fedor still can't hit it's the other things he lost with age that matt was able to recover better, like his speed and durability. Earlier in the thread you called Nelson a "legit heavyweight" when his entire career everyones pushed him to lose that 30lb gut and be a LHW where he belongs. Facts are losing to ufc LHW champions and title challengers only vs losing to guys at the bottom of the ufc HW 10 at the peak of their careers AND being 40 mean the first guy should win.

But whatever you can hate bader a 35 guy in the prime of fighting career vs 40+ old slow punchers who are gonna retire anyday and need to be lucky as fuck to catch him with something clean here.
Lame try. I can tell you have no concept of remotely understanding getting hit hard by any professional fighter is still getting hit hard. And Matt Mitrione did beat Derrick Lewis, but I guess Derrick Lewis is consifered B l3vel in yout mind now because it's convenient for you to label him that. Abd that fact remains Bader could not recover from punches by not only Anthony Johnson which you seem to have a boner for, but he also wasn't able to recover from punches by Glover Teixeira and Lyoto Machida. While Matt Mitrione was able to recover from hard punches by Carl Seumanutafa and Fedor. Which, I'm guessing you are calling Fedor B level because of that typical American UFC fan hatred of hin because he never fought in the UFC. And stop ignoring the fact because of your crazy Ryan Bader cheerleading syndrome. Ryan Bader will have problems with Matt Mitrione punches and Mitrione will have problems with Bader's wrestling. But you are so focused on loving Bader so much and hating my comment on Mitrione you can't even acknowledge that.

Lame try. I can tell you have no concept of remotely understanding getting hit hard by any professional fighter is still getting hit hard. And Matt Mitrione did beat Derrick Lewis, but I guess Derrick Lewis is consifered B l3vel in yout mind now because it's convenient for you to label him that. Abd that fact remains Bader could not recover from punches by not only Anthony Johnson which you seem to have a boner for, but he also wasn't able to recover from punches by Glover Teixeira and Lyoto Machida. While Matt Mitrione was able to recover from hard punches by Carl Seumanutafa and Fedor. Which, I'm guessing you are calling Fedor B level because of that typical American UFC fan hatred of hin because he never fought in the UFC. And stop ignoring the fact because of your crazy Ryan Bader cheerleading syndrome. Ryan Bader will have problems with Matt Mitrione punches and Mitrione will have problems with Bader's wrestling. But you are so focused on loving Bader so much and hating my comment on Mitrione you can't even acknowledge that.
You just repeat the same dribble over and over, you asked why bader is an easy favorite and I explained it because you clearly don't know much about mma analysis. Only thing left to do is bump this when bader makes it look easy.

You just repeat the same dribble over and over, you asked why bader is an easy favorite and I explained it because you clearly don't know much about mma analysis. Only thing left to do is bump this when bader makes it look easy.
Lame try and I block idiots.

Roy Nelson and Travis Browne are true big heavyweights who punch heavy, Bader got knocked out by Light Heavyweights. And Matt Mitrione has bounced back in actual fights from being hit hard by actual heavyweights, Carl Seumanutafa and Fedor Emelianenko, and knocked them out. While when Bader has faced that kind of adversity, he just wilted up and lost.

So how about you boi Mitrione surviving adversity? How about him having true heavyweight strength?
Bader embarrassingly beat him 30-24 and matt couldn't land 1 punch.
<Dany07>

Ouch.

Back