Rumored Ben Rothwell is back, faces Blagoy Ivanov on March

Money talks. Brock got his time off though, didn't he? He also was claiming it was due to the tainted supplements. But the needle that broke the back of the camel is the JJ situation. That USADA is a shell for UFC, they are fking complicit - is there not a conflict of interest of what that Novitzky guy did with JJ thingy? They and UFC have no credibility when it comes to drug testing.

Some get a pass and others get ignored and shutdown, like Hunt for instance.
If the anti-doping agency is paid by UFC and UFC is organizing the even which it is interested in being commercially successful, do you not see how UFC controlling sufficiently the anti-doping agency might be considered as a potential conflict of interest. Do you see how some party can decide to influence the other so that they get to defraud general public?

1. Novitzky works for the UFC. He's never been affiliated with USADA. What he was doing last week was his job not a conflict of interest.

2. If you think that it's a conflict of interest for a sports league to pay a drug testing agency for their services, then you're opposing the entire concept of third-party testing because that's how it works.

Huh, the first point is news to me. The second point though...
I am just saying that your second point talks about an arrangement that is surely fraught with corruption. Novitzky is he not an ex employee of some sort of anti-doping agency? Now you are telling me he is on UFC payroll. Well, there it is.

Ideally, you would have something like totally independent regulatory body that has the authority to sanction inspections ( why not NSAC or others are not doing this?! ) and you will have your choice of anti-doping agencies and then you will have UFC, Bellator and others getting licenses and authorization. UFC should have no ties to any of the other organizations. The tests need to be paid by UFC. And it is should be done to protect general public interest. Not this UFC or that JJ.

Huh, the first point is news to me. The second point though...
I am just saying that your second point talks about an arrangement that is surely fraught with corruption. Novitzky is he not an ex employee of some sort of anti-doping agency? Now you are telling me he is on UFC payroll. Well, there it is.

Ideally, you would have something like totally independent regulatory body that has the authority to sanction inspections ( why not NSAC or others are not doing this?! ) and you will have your choice of anti-doping agencies and then you will have UFC, Bellator and others getting licenses and authorization. UFC should have no ties to any of the other organizations. The tests need to be paid by UFC. And it is should be done to protect general public interest. Not this UFC or that JJ.

Novitzsky never officially worked for a dedicated anti-doping agency. He was tasked with investigating PED rings while he was with the FDA and the IRS.

Currently, he's the UFC VP of "Athlete Health and Performance." It's literally his job to shill for the UFC.

He was tasked with investigating PED rings while he was with the FDA and the IRS.
This is how he might get a backdoor into any anti-doping agency. At this point it is my right to cry "foul" here. I thin they are all corrupt and are practicing dirty business. JJ is a cheat, that is too important for UFC. UFC are too greedy for the money from general audience. And the anti-doping agency is under undue influence and is probably colluding with UFC people through that schmuck.

DISCLAIMER: all of the above are just my opinions, not based on anything but guesses. I could possibly be completely wrong on any of the assertions I made earlier. But : JJ is a f*cking cheater, Dana should be thrown to jail, Gus should be booked a fight of his choice and Novitzky should donate his bonus to Paul Harris.

This is how he might get a backdoor into any anti-doping agency. At this point it is my right to cry "foul" here. I thin they are all corrupt and are practicing dirty business. JJ is a cheat, that is too important for UFC. UFC are too greedy for the money from general audience. And the anti-doping agency is under undue influence and is probably colluding with UFC people through that schmuck.

DISCLAIMER: all of the above are just my opinions, not based on anything but guesses. I could possibly be completely wrong on any of the assertions I made earlier. But : JJ is a f*cking cheater, Dana should be thrown to jail, Gus should be booked a fight of his choice and Novitzky should donate his bonus to Paul Harris.

I think that you're entitled those opinions.

The only thing in this thread that I've vehemently disagreed with are the posters whom I saw trashing Jones last week but are excited to have Rothwell back.

If the anti-doping agency is paid by UFC and UFC is organizing the even which it is interested in being commercially successful, do you not see how UFC controlling sufficiently the anti-doping agency might be considered as a potential conflict of interest. Do you see how some party can decide to influence the other so that they get to defraud general public?
Do you not realize Novitsky works for the UFC, not the USADA?

I think that you're entitled those opinions.

The only thing in this thread that I've vehemently disagreed with are the posters whom I saw trashing Jones last week but are excited to have Rothwell back.
Well thank you for allowing me to have my opinions kind sir :) But hasn't Rothwell served his time off? If it is the case that JJ has cheated how is that he is allowed to fight for substantial prize money?

Do you not realize Novitsky works for the UFC, not the USADA?
I was thinking that he works for USADA, or whatever was the anti-doping agency. Sorry, didn't do my due diligence.

Well thank you for allowing me to have my opinions kind sir :) But hasn't Rothwell served his time off? If it is the case that JJ has cheated how is that he is allowed to fight for substantial prize money?

The sentiment being expressed was that Jones is a proven habitual drug cheat and should be banned from the sport entirely. Guess what? Rothwell is also a proven habitual drug cheat.

Let's get it

GlitteringZealousLaughingthrush.gif

Obligatory.

Big Ben is pulsing from this point on - could test positive forever and still fight based on the Jones precedent

Oh, another guy who got fucked by USADA but didn't hide under a cage or get the benefit of the doubt.

By getting fucked you mean he cheated right?

It’s funny how only Jon cheats and everyone else got fucked by USADA.....

he paid for his sins. now he is back to give us more big ben techno dance.

Rothwell without testosterone...

could be some good money to be made here on Ivanov

Back