News Benoît Saint-Denis and Arman Tsarukyan are set to compete in a Grappling match, May 18

Who wins?

• Total voters
That's a sweet ass match up! I'll definitely watch! I don't know enough about their pure grappling skills to really make a prediction, but I'm now incentivized to see if I can find some more, meaningful footage of theirs to study to form a solid opinion. However, Arman did great defending against Olives on the ground, so that's at least a great feat.

That's a sweet ass match up! I'll definitely watch! I don't know enough about their pure grappling skills to really make a prediction, but I'm now incentivized to see if I can find some more, meaningful footage of theirs to study to form a solid opinion. However, Arman did great defending against Olives on the ground, so that's at least a great feat.
They should do submission grappling tournaments for all top 20 athletes in their divisions. Single elimination bracket. That would be fun! 🤩

Cool shit. It is interesting to see the trend of UFC fighters being able to compete in grappling matches without much trouble compared to the struggle legends like Aldo face just to be able to box outside the UFC.

aXneqBk.jpeg

They should do submission grappling tournaments for all top 20 athletes in their divisions. Single elimination bracket. That would be fun! 🤩

Yeah, that would really be cool! Not just the top 20, IMO. Someone might be a great grappler but gets fucked up on the feet in all 3 fights he has had so far, he is not gonna be top 20 but still a guy that you would want to see grapple another UFC fighter.

But only if the UFC pays them well for it. Otherwise just let them compete in grappling orgs, like this will be.

Yeah, that would really be cool! Not just the top 20, IMO. Someone might be a great grappler but gets fucked up on the feet in all 3 fights he has had so far, he is not gonna be top 20 but still a guy that you would want to see grapple another UFC fighter.

But only if the UFC pays them well for it. Otherwise just let them compete in grappling orgs, like this will be.
You are right, all should be allowed to compete.
The outcome of the top 5 would be very different in most divisions. Probably only Flyweight could have the same champ in submission grappling, as it is in the division right now.

I was just thinking how many UFC fighters have competed in grappling during or after their career in the UFC. It’s a good list already.

They should have MMA fighters only grapple with MMA fighters.

It makes no sense to have real fighters get butt scooted into submission by someone like Craig Jones. Or at least make it so slaps can be included when they go against pure grapplers.

Craig put some russian UFC fighter to sleep in his last fight.

The video about this fight :

(he talks also about Poirier, Max...)

I will definitely be watching this. I think Arman makes it look easy.

It's kinda interesting they are doing this since they could very well be facing each other in the future, maybe even for a title. By grappling each other they will learn a lot about each others strengths and weaknesses.

Back