Best BJJ Belt???

I wonder what Gameness has to say. Why make good gis if you're gonna turn around and make shitty belts?

When I had a school all I sold wsa gamesness stuff. I had a gameness belt for a little as did everyone at my school, I never heard any complaints about them. But then again i can't keep any belt tied no matter what.

I have no complaints with my Dragao belt.

I have an HCK that is a little over a year old and has held up very well. I wash it fairly often also.

I heard that War belts are really nice and know alot of guys who like them.

I heard you should wash your belt just like you wash your gi (everytime you roll) since its on the outside and picking up dirt/sweat/gross from the mats.

B

I have a Kaizen belt. It stays tied very well and is light and hangs well. Our school handed out OTM belts at our last promotion and they all were super stiff on everybody. They also used them for the colored belt in a tournament and I couldn't stand them.

Who is the US distributor for WAR I found one place that was selling for around 1,800 yen

Who is the US distributor for WAR I found one place that was selling for around 1,800 yen

That was the only one I could find as well. lol

To the poster above, talking about the gameness belts, and why sell good gis, but crappy belts. My gameness belt is very nice. It's just thick and stiff (even after washing) and won't stay tied. Other then that, I don't have any complaints. I can see it lasting a VERY long time.

Whatever belt I was given as the promtion (not even a brand on it) is SUPER thin. I would have tried it out (figuring it would stay tied better), but it doesn't even come close to fitting.

I'll either go with HCK or I found a Gracie Barra one on Budovideos. We have a lineage to Gracie Barra, so I may get that one. Once again, thanks for contributing to what could have been a crappy thread.

brazilianfightwear.com sells war belts and has great customer service

brazilianfightwear.com sells war belts and has great customer service

My belt is a DOJO brand. My BB brought a bunch back from one of his trips back to Brazil. It's great, the perfect mix of stiffness/flex (it also as "jiu jitsu embroider on it).
I don't know if they sell them in the USA but from what i've seen versus the other brands it is way better.

I have a white Belt that came with a cheap ebay gi (shockwave) and the belt is really soft so it bends at the knot, never gets loose , it's like a rope almost =/

Atama's aren't good anymore-they used to be though.

is it disrespectful to wear your own belt instead of the one given to you by your instructor?

In your case I'd say its fine because the belt doesn't fit you, but normally, is it considered rude?

I ask because my instructor gives out these thin belts that don't even have a patch for stripes....

Gameness!

I currently have a Gameness white belt and love it to death. Very high quality belt.

Koral is the best IMO.

Thick, but supple, and stays tied well.

Go with Koral. Only issue with them is their colors are more "pastel" than other brands.

I heard you should wash your belt just like you wash your gi (everytime you roll) since its on the outside and picking up dirt/sweat/gross from the mats.

B

Washing a belt ! NOOOOOOoooo terrible mistake ! you gonna loose your mojo dude !
A belt is meant to look like well you've trained hard lol
NEVER WASH YOUR BELT ! :icon_chee

I just got my blue belt tonight, and I'm looking for a good belt to replace my white one with (ie one that will pref. stay tied). thanks for the help.

(yes, I was given a belt for the promotion, but it doesn't fit. I'm a fatboy. Also, i would use the search function, but it doesn't work for me.)

i have a koral belt and i like it very much and dont really have a problem with it staying tied, they arent cheap though

Washing a belt ! NOOOOOOoooo terrible mistake ! you gonna loose your mojo dude !
A belt is meant to look like well you've trained hard lol
NEVER WASH YOUR BELT ! :icon_chee

My sarcasm detector has just exploded. Heh...

Back