Best brazilian jujitsu artist in MMA history?

Ya should question yours.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...art-16-the-2-hw-goats.3851935/#post-145851601

Controversial Fights:

> vs Kopylov:

Nobody talks about this fight, but I have to keep it real...

Kopylov vs Minotau Round 1... IIRC, in my mind, that was the only round Nog potentially lost in Rings...
The ol´Vet definitely schooled him in that round...
And we´re talkin´ about a Prime Minotau, grappling-wise [striking wise, his prime was after his Cuban stint, in Pride].
Obviously, Kopylov was too old & broken to sustain this pace in Rd 2, and gassed badly.
The fight ended with a Majority decision in Minotau´s favour: 2 Draws & 1 Judge gave it to him.
It was a close round that the judges justifiably gave to Kopylov, but wouldn't be hard to argue it the other way.

you don't love zombie mode jacare??

Zombie Jacare can be fun, but he isn't going to run away with the title fighting like that.

Maia. I mean Nog has good boxing, werdums got good muai thai , jacare has big power. Maia really just had pheneomal grappling hed win a fight and take 0 damage .

It was a close round that the judges justifiably gave to Kopylov, but wouldn't be hard to argue it the other way.

Zombie Jacare can be fun, but he isn't going to run away with the title fighting like that.
Ol´Vet legit won that round, imo, and it shouldnt havin´been close, if we consider how broken his body was.

I'd saw Werdum, Mir and Maia are on the same level at the very top.
Jacare is a tidy bit beneath them.

then the others.

Is it Jacare, Maia, Werdum, Big Nog, Royler Gracie, Jim Miller, Nate Diaz, Charles Oliveira, Royce Gracie, who's you pick?

EDIT: Only top MMA fighters should be considered here. As in "which fighter has best utilised BJJ in MMA".
You've covered a lot of the best candidates, I would add BJ Penn though.

BJ won the first fight with a punch that rocked Hughes badly. People underestimated how hard that punch actually was. It was like when Fitch beat Carneiro...or Hughes-Almeida.

Hughes survived a triangle/armbar attempt in the 2nd fight and crucifixed him.

The answer to the OP is Maia.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but BJ won the first Hughes fight by using octopus guard to take the back and get the RNC. That’s high level BJJ.

BJ won the first fight with a punch that rocked Hughes badly. People underestimated how hard that punch actually was. It was like when Fitch beat Carneiro...or Hughes-Almeida.

Hughes survived a triangle/armbar attempt in the 2nd fight and crucifixed him.

The answer to the OP is Maia.

Ok I just watched the finish and BJ definitely used his BJJ to win that fight. It wasn’t octopus guard, it the punch, pass, mount, back take, back control. The RNC. That’s textbook Royce. That’s pure BJJ.

Ok I just watched the finish and BJ definitely used his BJJ to win that fight. It wasn’t octopus guard, it the punch, pass, mount, back take, back control. The RNC. That’s textbook Royce. That’s pure BJJ.

Yes. Pure BJJ. Which is much easier to perform on a concussed opponent.

I feel like technically Jacare is a better grappler than Werdum but you can't argue with his accomplishments; beat three heavyweight all time greats in the form of Fedor, Big Nog, Cain Velasquez, and unlike Jac or Maia got world championship gold wrapped around his waist.

I'd saw Werdum, Mir and Maia are on the same level at the very top.
Jacare is a tidy bit beneath them.

then the others.

Mir on the same level as Werdum and Maia, and above Jacare? His positional BJJ isn't on the same level.

Your uncle Renatch.
Fuck child support and fuck Vinny Magalesh

Back