Movies Best DBZ movie?

T-800
@Green
Reaction score
Always been a fan of DBZ. I haven't watched it in years though.

The other day I watched 'The tale of Burdock' and it was awesome. Most violent DBZ i've seen, great story about how the planet got destroyed and The origin of Kakkarot and Vegeta.

Any recommendations?

Tree Of Might was really good because I liked Turles and his crew + the theme was a super nutritious fruit as a power source.

Super Android 13 was great because of Android 13s shit talking with a deep southern accent and he made some decent points about free will.

Broly movie was good. Did not make sense or nothing but I love the idea of the legendary super saiyan. Story was lacking but concept was amazing.

after the movies, can check out the Tournament of Power on DBS.

Not to derail the thread, but is DBZ Super worth checking out? I love DBZ but for some reason I've never gotten around to Super. Seems like they just keep rehashing transformations with different color hair, LOL.

Not to derail the thread, but is DBZ Super worth checking out? I love DBZ but for some reason I've never gotten around to Super. Seems like they just keep rehashing transformations with different color hair, LOL.
The tournament of power had some really great moments but could have been 10x better.

I can't remember which one I gave up watching them at, and haven't seen any of them in like 20 years, but I remember the History of Trunks and Bardock specials being good. I also remember Cooler's Revenge being the only one of the early movies that actually fit continuity (all the others had issues, like characters should be dead/off planet/know attacks they shouldn't).

I tried watching it and I couldn't get through an episode
maybe I have aged out of anime or I just don't have the patience for it.
but I read the Manga and the manga is good, it's not as good as DBZ or DB but it is about the same quality as the majin buu arc
if you want some new DB lore it's worth checking out for free on the net.

The Bardock and Trunks ones were technically TV specials, not movies. But yes, both of those I think are the best ones if we're counting them as movies.

Dead Zone and World's Strongest are my personal favorites of the movies. Both have great fight scenes and the series hadn't devolved into who had the highest level of Super Saiyan yet.

The first Broly movie is honestly kinda mid. A little too long and boring, plus the fight scenes are just extended squash matches. It's still far superior to the Broly Second Coming and Bio Broly though.

The Super Broly movie is actually pretty good. About 2/3 of the movie is an extended back and forth fight scene.

Super is worth checking out. I would highly advise watching the movies Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F and then skipping the first 26 or so episodes of the Super anime. The first 26 episodes are retellings of the movies, but with atrocious animation and awful filler. I'm not joking about the animation either, it's seriously some of the worst of the entire franchise. The series improves after those arcs and gets pretty decent. The last arc goes on for way too long and has lots of shit tier episodes though, so be prepared for that.

It is better than GT as a whole at least. So if you managed to sit through that Super shouldn't be a problem to finish.

Hard to say which was best, but:

I liked Gohan and Trunks Special. Same with Story of Bardock probably more than the second Bardock movie where I think he somehow got head trauma and travels in time and goes SSJ.

Also good was the Cooler's Revenge movie which kinda showcases Piccolo handling the Cooler's henchmen. The recent DB Super Hero had super good modern animation and decent Piccolo participation.

Didn't think much of the numerous Broly movies, Bio Broly, Janenba, Hildegarn, Ichiban Tsuyoi Yatsu.

It's on HULU in English. Not very good. The best part might be arrival of Goku Black and Future Trunks. Haven't watched much past that. It's weird with Trunks because he doesn't go SSJ God, but at various points they imply he was maybe more powerful than SSJ Blue Vegeta and Goku when he fights Fusion Zamasu.

What might be more interesting is the Super Dragon Ball Heroes shorts with these new powerful characters.

Back