Movies Best DBZ movie?

To me, DB Super never had the same feel as Namek Saga, Freeza Saga, Cell Saga. I'd rank it low near DBGT.

If you're strictly talking DBZ movies my favorite is Fusion Reborn, but honestly a lot of them were good during their time.

As for Super it's not as dark or have a strong sense of danger/urgency compared to Z. I mean the Goku Black arc got pretty twisted, but even then when you know Beerus and Whis is around you don't feel like anyone is a major threat to earth and humanity. Even then I can't wait until the new series comes out, whenever that may be....

I remember in the early 90s renting horrible VHS copies of DBZ movies and episodes without subs. The struggle was real.

Reactions: 666
I remember in the early 90s renting horrible VHS copies of DBZ movies and episodes without subs. The struggle was real.
I used to download them with subtitles off websites. I remember the files were like 12 mbs and it would take like 2 hours to download an episode on my shitty dial up. Man how times have changed

What I really liked about DBZ was the backhand swatting away big energy blasts. You could do that in some of the earlier videogames.

You had to go to the certain stores that had bootleg fansubs VHS.

They all suck ass, DBZ should've called it quits after the Cell arc, and even then, the series was better before they tacked the "Z" onto the title.

Tree Of Might was really good because I liked Turles and his crew + the theme was a super nutritious fruit as a power source.

Super Android 13 was great because of Android 13s shit talking with a deep southern accent and he made some decent points about free will.

Broly movie was good. Did not make sense or nothing but I love the idea of the legendary super saiyan. Story was lacking but concept was amazing.
Tree of Might was the first dragonball related thing I remember seeing and holds a special place because of that but the animation in that one is pretty legit

Tree of Might was the first dragonball related thing I remember seeing and holds a special place because of that but the animation in that one is pretty legit
The animation was very detailed. I loved the barren wasteland after the tree took roots and henchmen looked awesome. They had the badass cyborg, two genius twins, the prince in Daiz who looked like a human and Amond was damn fine second in command. Very well fitting crew and it kind of had a cool tech vibe to it as well with scene in their spaceship.

I also loved that their mission was to take on Frieza and his empire. It was implied that tree of might gains was permanent and so they were a very formidable crew. I wish they did survive and went on to fight the Frieza force and gotten stronger and found more fruits that improved their genetics or gave them more power.

Turles had the tail and he could have become a super saiyan and by all means, he could have been a reoccurring villain. But at this point, its too late.

If you're strictly talking DBZ movies my favorite is Fusion Reborn, but honestly a lot of them were good during their time.

As for Super it's not as dark or have a strong sense of danger/urgency compared to Z. I mean the Goku Black arc got pretty twisted, but even then when you know Beerus and Whis is around you don't feel like anyone is a major threat to earth and humanity. Even then I can't wait until the new series comes out, whenever that may be....
R.38d56ffe42050cf8ae6f5e7ac7f957cd

Back