Best MMA fighter to have never won a title?

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
Rumble Johnson and it’s not even close.

Also Chad Mendes would be another one you could throw in there.

Both of these guys were scary good in their Primes. Sad they never won a Belt, because I liked both of them!!
Rumble Johnson was the scariest man to not hold a belt but no joke, I had to google it because in my memory for some reason he won a belt in the world series of fighting...

He didn't... but I would have bet money

Incoming slew of fighters who received multiple title shots and still never won any of them.

Tony Ferguson won the interim ufc belt

Cerrone managed to not get the WEC belt 3 times
Lost twice to Bendo and once to Varner
And beat both of them, when they no longer were champs.
Lost to RDA for the UFC belt

But Muay Thai belts
VD_VD200610108120066AR.jpg

Maybe Benavidez ranks in the top10 guys without any belt? Dunno
He also won the Ring of Fire lightweight belt and defended it a couple of times before getting signed to the WEC.

Rumble Johnson was the scariest man to not hold a belt but no joke, I had to goougle it because in my memory for some reason he won a belt in the world series of fighting...

He didn't... but I would have bet money
Rumble won the RMN tournament if that counts, lol. I count early UFC tournaments for this because that was the only belt you could win for the first few years. I'm not sure about small, regional tournaments.

1706130671979.png

Yoel, Wonderboy, Rumble and Florian (maybe to a little lesser extent because his career was shorter) are all good choices. They all entered the UFC after 3 to 5 fights so they didn't have a chance to win a small promotion belt. And all of them fought for the UFC title at least twice. Yoel and Wonderboy both lost close/controversial decisions, too.

Yoel is the obvious pick. We never even saw that guy in his athletic prime. Competed with and beat killers as an old man.

Should have been given the decision over Izzy to win the UFC belt as a near 43-year-old.

“Kenny Florian was also a really good fighter and his whole career was basically in the UFC so I doubt he had a belt.” Kenny Florian

I had to add a citation for the quote:

Sakuraba won a ufc tournament, and he had the Saku belt, but he was never officially champion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back