Best Performance in UFC history?

The performance Max Holloway put on vs Brian Ortega comes to mind. Cain vs Lesnar. Even Dustin Poirier vs BSD was a seriously impressive performance in terms of overcoming adversity.

Mir’s first meeting with Noguiera…

Couture’s first meeting with Liddell…

St. Pierre’s second meeting both Hughes…

Dos Anjos vs Pettis…

Several Demetrius Johnson fights…

What do you think is the best showcase of skills, fighting abillity and toughness ever displayed in a fight?

I have 3 contenders to this questions:

GSP vs Jon Fitch

Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin

Jon Jones vs Shogun Rua

Honorable Mentions:

McGregor vs Alvarez

Khabib vs Poirier
Holloway vs. Ortega.

Not only a massive one sided beatdown but the guy beating you down teaching you how to box during the fight has to be up there...

Silva v Forrest
Cruz v Neck tat
Aldo v Edgar
Islam v Charles

I don't count the Shogun v JbJ fight as an all time performance cuz
A. Shogun came into the fight with a torn ACL iirc
B. Jones raked his eyes so many times

Cheatershaw vs Barão

Masvidal vs Askren

UItRAa.gif

Honestly Khalil Rountree has put on some showcases in recent years

My other personal favourites -

Werdum v Travis Browne 1 and 2

Arlovski v Travis Browne

Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida - dropped him on the floor like a sack of floor
Khabib beating McGregor - he made him look bad during some stand up exchanges before submitting him
Masvidal schools Ben Askren - CTE maker
Robby Lawler vs Rory Macdonald II - looked like a couple of pitbulls before Lawler stopped him
Gaethje vs. Chandler - great back and forth
McGregor schooling Denis Siver - as Rogan said he made him look like he had no business being in there - early McGregor when he was magic
Frye vs Shamrock - the stare down at the beginning had more action then some fights before they went on to give each other permanent leg damage

God it's tough. For modern day and just the impact I'd say McBreaker vs Aldo.
For the belt, fighting the best and just ends it with perfection.
I'm not a fan of his but it was one of the best performances.
Go out, hit a home run, and become a champ.
That's some Joe Carter shit right there.
<GinJuice>

Cain absolutely destroying JDS in the rematch, then doing it again in the 3rd fight.

Machida winning the Middleweight Title against Rashad.

Conor vs Cowboy.

Conor stopped a fighter in a third division. And not just any guy but until then the single winningest fighter in ufc history!

There’s lots to pick from but Machida vs Rashad was a pretty crazy one. Don’t even remember Rashad landing a single strike on machida, had 0 success with wrestling and looked amateur in there while being the LHW champ.

What do you think is the best showcase of skills, fighting abillity and toughness ever displayed in a fight?

I have 3 contenders to this questions:

GSP vs Jon Fitch

Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin

Jon Jones vs Shogun Rua

Honorable Mentions:

McGregor vs Alvarez

Khabib vs Poirier
Random one, but TJ vs Barao was an incredible performance by TJ to win the belt.

Penn/Sanchez at UFC 107.

BJ dropped him with the first punch he landed. Outstruck him 149 to 8 and defended all 27 takedown attempts. Then he finished him with a head kick in the fifth. It's an all time beatdown on par with Jones/Shogun.

It deserved more attention.

It has to be Jones or Silva. Both showed the skills gap that existed at the time between them and everyone else. It was a major change in MMA.

Back