Movies Best Prison Films

I'm curious what part they were offended by, the vernacular? I don't think it's over the top enough to be offensive considering the time period and subject matter.
I work in the Arts. Enough said about our peers really. You can't find anything funny anymore. I laugh my ass off if something is funny. She is super into our ethnic backgrounds (she's white, could ya guess? )

I'm Native American and work with every culture ever so I have Asian, Black and White brethren from all over the world. Nothing bothers us, when it's funny, laugh? These people are so paranoid that if they laugh, they agree. No, Not funny. The performance is 70 percent of it. It's the performance, it's a clown act.

What's your favorites?

Le Trou
Cool Hand Luke
Silence of the Lambs
In Cold Blood
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
The Ascent
The Bridge on the River Kwai
I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang
Down by Law
Brute Force
Army of Shadows
A Man Escaped
Brawl in Cell Block 99

O Brother, Where Art Thou? is the best film on the list, but it doesn't take place in prison. How you don't have Shankshaw on here escapes me.

Cinque_alto.gif

O Brother, Where Art Thou? is the best film on the list, but it doesn't take place in prison. How you don't have Shankshaw on here escapes me.
Title isn't "Best Films That Take Place in Prison." and Shawshank isn't one of my favorite prison films so I didn't put it on my list of favorite prison films. Hope that clears things up.

great list at the top! some more essentials:

A Prophet
Scum
Poison
Bronson
Penitentiary
Chopper
Pixote
Hunger
Un Chant d’Amour
Riki-Oh
Female Prisoner Scorpion series
Son of Saul
Grand Illusion
Paddington 2

because it sucks
Nice mix here. Would add Renoir and the Female Prisoner series in hindsight to mix it up and get some Meiko Kaji in there. Still need to watch A Prophet.

If Shawshank didn't exist it would be Blood in Blood out.

Back