Best SNES game of all-time tournament: Prelims - Fighting Games

I remember Weaponlord having an awful lot of hype in the magazines back then.
Speaking of Killer Instinct, they actually made a GB version too. :eek:

Did anyone else play the SNES version of SF Alpha 2? It wasn't bad at all.

It sucked. I don't know why they bothered.

edit: Since it was the SNES, I guess it could have been worse.

The only reason I didn't vote super ssf2 is cuz the sounds in the strikes had less bass. Always bothered the shit out of me which sucked cuz I loved Fei Long.

I agree with this, but who here has actually played Weaponlord? You, me, Cyke, and...?

Still, it should be on the list. Slam Masters was good, but it's not a fighting game.

Saint Connor also knows what's up about weaponlond, but Fuck yeah weaponlord was so good! This game had so many breakthroughs in the fighting genre. It had parries way before 3S, weapon locking and breaking....Plus it had bad-ass Conan inspired art.

Last edited:
all classic games that i played but super SF 2 is my favorite snes game

Saint Connor also knows what's up about weaponlond, but Fuck yeah weaponlord was so good! This game had so many breakthroughs in the fighting genre. It had parries way before 3S, weapon locking and breaking....Plus it had bad-ass Conan inspired art.

Only things it really lacked was a deeper roster and a fucking sequel. But no, d james gotta waste his time on a fucking killer instinct remake. blergh.

i really wanted samurai shodown but ill settle for fatal fury

There was a game called Ranma 1/2 :Super Battle (not Hard Battle), that was similar to TMNT IIRC.

Gundam Wing Endless Duel was one of the better fighters on the SNES, IMO.

No love for Clay Fighter.

Damn.

How about trying to choose the best SNES game overall? :eek:

Voted for MK1 when I meant MK2. Damn shitty touchscreen.

How could you possibly prefer the SNES version of MK1?

How about trying to choose the best SNES game overall? :eek:

How about your family? What about your IMMEDIATE family?

BTW, best fighting game was Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium, unless that's a sports/hybrid game.

Otherwise, it's got to be Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

Can't hate on Saturday Night Slam Masters, though.

tumblr_m5yc0unxKk1qagmleo1_500.gif

tumblr_naeqe0koyT1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Back