Movies Best Stanley Kubrick film?

Best Stanley Kubrick film?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Majority of sherdoggers think he's the GOAT director. So what do you think is his greatest movie?

This guy apparently just watched FMJ for the first time. Hard to believe, but it's interesting his reaction to it.

Last edited:
it's not my favorite of his, but it has to be 2001.

punUStV.gif

Strangelove but I could chew on other answers

Only watched Spartacus, FMJ, and The Shining.

Am i missing out sherbros?

mm I've only watched a handful of those :s

Barry Lyndon for me.

There is no wrong answer though. Unless you say Fear and Desire. That's a wrong answer. Other than that I've liked all his films.

I've watched this scene of Full Metal Jacket at least 30 times. A few years back, I met R.Lee Ermey The DI) at the Glock Booth. I had him choke me like the scene in the movie for a photo. Semper Fi

Eyes wide shut is his most underrated. It’s a hidden masterpiece almost no one talks about.

I lump it with movies like Master and Commander Far Side of the World. Which is a masterpiece no one ever talks about.

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. Paths of Glory
3. Dr. Strangelove
4. A Clockwork Orange
5. Barry Lyndon
6. The Shining
7. The Killing
8. Full Metal Jacket
9. Eyes Wide Shut

Lolita is an under-rated comedy, it's up there with Strangelove, people don't see it as a comedy but I think it's obviously a comedy

Eyes wide shut is his most underrated. It’s a hidden masterpiece almost no one talks about.

I lump it with movies like Master and Commander Far Side of the World. Which is a masterpiece no one ever talks about.
That's because "You're not even looking"

Voted full metal but clockwork almost got the vote

Never watched Lolita, too afraid Chris Hanson would show up

That's because "You're not even looking"

What do you mean? Those movies are almost never spoken about. When it comes to SK you get the standard, 2001, clockwork orange, full metal jacket, the shining convos. You almost never hear eyes wide shut.

Without the IMDB boards - A Clockwork Orange

With the IMDB boards. - Eyes Wide Shut

I couldn't believe the amount of hidden info was posted on those forums about Eyes Wide Shut.
When they got rid of the boards, they also erased all that valuable information.
It's the equivalent of setting One Eyed Willy's treasure map on fire in the Goonies before they even left the house.

The Shining. FMJ is epic, but the second half of the film isn't nearly as good as the first half. Clockwork is amazing as well.

Back