Beterbiev vs Bivol June 1st in Saudi ESPN+**** Postponed ***

Who wins ?

• Total voters
I listened to Turki on Ariel’s show, tbh what he said did not sound like a confirmation. It sounded like something he feels confident will happen and is in the plans but there is no confirmation that the contract was signed by both fighters. There was a language barrier too, he wasn’t super clear. Ariel should’ve asked whether contracts are signed as a follow up.

Last edited:
I listened to Turki on Ariel’s show, tbh what he said did not sound like a confirmation. It sounded like something he feels confident will happen and is in the plans but there is no confirmation that the contract was signed by both fighters. There was a language barrier too, he wasn’t super clear. Ariel should’ve asked whether contracts are signed as a follow up.
Fortunately the hardest part is already done and that was Bivol signing his deal. After Artur beat Callum the Saudis will send him his own separate offer, if they already haven't, and they'll review it all and then sign off on it. The ball is entirely in Artur's court now. I'm expecting news that he signed any day now. He's been wanting the Bivol fight for years. When the two recently came face-to-face he even called him out on stalling it for so long. Bivol had nothing to say about it.

Mr. Alalshikh did announce this fight. Whether it's actually been signed by Artur isn't known at this time. We just know that Bivol had already signed weeks ago. Just before Artur fought Callum.

Here's the official announcement on the MMA Hour. Why they chose to do it there, I have no idea. I've never liked Ariel Helwani. The guy is a weasel.

Last edited:
Boxers typically struggle against bigger boxer puncher types. This isn't a Floyd-Maidana situation where Maidana was a blown up LW with limited boxing abilities. This is a massive puncher with very good boxing abilities and who happens to be physically larger than Bivol.

Very dangerous fight. If Bivol wins, he'll be remembered as a legend.
No he wont. History will take it out of context and say Artur is almost 40(which he is) and discredit Bivol.
The glory will only be in short term memory and onky from hardcore boxing fans and a few more russians.

If this fight happens - I'm more hyped for this, than any fight of recent memory.

Canelo and GGG.
Beterbiev and Bivol.
Fury and Wilder.

If this fight happens - I'm more hyped for this, than any fight of recent memory.

Canelo and GGG.
Beterbiev and Bivol.
Fury and Wilder.
This fight if will happen, despite Bet is ower the hill and old will be cool.
It will be fight for an undisputed ...with WBC, IBF, IBO, WBO and WBA titles on the line and winner most likely will get The Ring and lineal too.....
If Fury can't deliver then this will be next possible fight for an undisputed status in division AFAIK and it is IMHO damn cool stuff.

No he wont. History will take it out of context and say Artur is almost 40(which he is) and discredit Bivol.
The glory will only be in short term memory and onky from hardcore boxing fans and a few more russians.
Boxing history only matters to hardcores

I doubt it. It is true that Bivol has dragged this out for a while but Artur has looked great in 2 of his last 3 fights. He killed it against Joe Smith Jr. and in his last fight against Callum Smith. If Bivol wins he'll really have to earn it. Some fans don't realize just how dangerous Artur is but they will understand very soon.

I doubt it. It is true that Bivol has dragged this out for a while but Artur has looked great in 2 of his last 3 fights. He killed it against Joe Smith Jr. and in his last fight against Callum Smith. If Bivol wins he'll really have to earn it. Some fans don't realize just how dangerous Artur is but they will understand very soon.
Yeah. Beterbiev is very dangerous due his tactique and power.
1. Beterbiev does have cruiserweight weight class level power.
2. Very experienced ( was elite level am and it isn't joke ).
3. Beterbiev ofc does have flaws while his tactique is to apply on opponent gradually accumulated damage and then when opponent is slowed down ...to clip and continue.

Power is last thing boxer will loss and ...prime Gvozdyk had more power than anyone from current top 175 lbs division boxers.... except Beter Beast....

Freakin awesommmme

But, i feel like we've been conditioned to think this is free, we're actually paying ESPN subscription lol. This is what we should expect.
I would've paid whatever they were charging for the PPV. Been waiting a half decade for this fight. To find out that we can watch it for free is refreshing.

I would've paid whatever they were charging for the PPV. Been waiting a half decade for this fight. To find out that we can watch it for free is refreshing.
You're right, if any fight is worth $80 it's this one. TBH thats what i love most about Artur fights, they're all on ESPN lol, so easy to watch and great production quality.

You're right, if any fight is worth $80 it's this one. TBH thats what i love most about Artur fights, they're all on ESPN lol, so easy to watch and great production quality.
Agreed. I love everything about ESPN except for their commentary team. For the most part I just ignore them lol.

Back