Biased's Shenanigans

Fairly sore today, mostly quads.
Taught a women's kickboxing class.

Afterwards we all worked on our spinning back kicks. Then I just did a bunch of ninja kicks on the bags. Light fun day.

Got in an early practice today, still sore :/

Light sparred and practiced setting up kicks to the leg, body and head and also defending those said. Got a good sweat going and hit the bags a little bit.

Got contacted for another match, pretty cool I am getting hooked up lately with matches even though some have fell through.

224.5 lbs this morning.

Yesterday pulled up, rolled and carried carpet for like 6-7 rooms. Then I taught a kb class and then I hit a bag for about 20 mins.

Today: Weight is 222, just eating low carb. Back, glutes, forearms and hamstrings are sore. Feels like I dead lifted all morning, stupid carpet. Probably do some kind of workout this evening to get the blood flowing and stretch out.

Sitting about 222 lbs. I think I have to work 8-5 on the Friday before my next fight so the goal is to be a lot leaner than usual so I don't have to stress about weight and kill myself in the sauna. 215 is the round about goal for the Sunday of fight week.

This last week:

Did boxing or kickboxing everyday either pad work, bag work or light sparring except for Tuesday I did cross fit. Opponent is more of a boxer style fighter that doesn't like the ground.

Been in a different city for work/ school
Monday 26th- No practice

Tues- practice started with conditioning (prowler) and some drills, then did a circuit like thing with different pad holders, bags or conditioning exercises. Then grappled 2 10 min rounds. Everything seemed kind of random, but it was fun. Landed a twister in my first match.

Wednesday- different gym- grappling day, warmed up with a cross fit like workout, did some grappling drills on take downs for a while and then grappled many rounds after.

Thurs- Same gym as thurs- some guy came in to teach a striking seminar, didn't pay attention to who he was or who he had taught. Had some interesting warm up drills/pad work that was awkward but fun because of it. Sparred 4 or 5 pretty decent rounds.

Fri- off, worked pretty late.

Saturday- Headed to the gym now. Planning on doing some bag work and some lifting, no particular order or structure. Will get in a good sweat. Weight is 220 after breakfast and lunch and before my workout. 2 weeks to go.

218 this morning

Did some bag work, mostly kicks.
Then got in some beauty lifts
- close grip bench press
- curls for the girls
- some rows and shrugs

217.5 this morning

Yesterday - Got in some sparring and even grappled 2 rounds at the end.

Today- Did some rounds on the bag, worked on slipping a cross and countering with a hook, light sparred, kicked the bag for a while. Wasn't really feeling it.

Wednesday - Light sparred, focus on being backed up against the cage or pressuring someone there. Also defense.

Thurs - Hit some pads. Sparred boxing only several rounds, my head movement is doing well, dropping my hands too much after I watched video, endurance was pretty good.

Friday - took off, ate some garbage

Today - woke up 219, gotta get serious now, will get in a workout later today and cut down my food intake.

216.5 after practice, hadn't ate yet.

Hit 3-4 rounds of pads, one round just power kicks. Sparred 2 rounds light, played around with some ninja kicks after wards. My groin is now sore, 1/10 pain just there.

Cardio felt terrible, I'll blame not eating anything all day on that one.

Worked on some boxing pivots and keeping someone cut off along the ropes/cage.

I ate and drank a ton of water before I weighed so it's a little skewed, but I was 220.5

Sick yesterday evening and today, possibly strep throat. Weight is about 218, ill cut fluids out about 7pm and hit the sauna a little this evening. I have to work all day tomorrow so I don't have much time for the sauna tomorrow before weigh ins.

Terrible luck. Opponent pulled out last night around 9:30 p.m. and they searched for an opponent and gave up around 2pm today.

I was 8 lbs over the last night, I would have slept off a lb and spent some more time in the sauna to finish up.

Last I checked I was 226, I've been eating everything.

Back to work today in the gym. Practice was about countering southpaws so I got a lot of light sparring in to practice my SP and trying to out footwork people. Several rounds, was a lot of fun. I got hit way more than I should have though, so... I gotta work on that. I don't practice lefty that much.

Weight is about 226

Tues: didn't practice, wasn't feeling that good. Then I got really sick during the night, so I am glad I didn't go.

Today: Was up off and on all night, flu I think. Fever, headache, sore joints and threw up a couple of times and congestion. Very sure I won't go to practice today either.

Edit: My January opponent pulled out... 2 months in advance is a little weird. Very frustrating sport.

Still sick but better than I have been. No practice today either.

Down to 219 from 226 a few days ago, being sick is the best way to lose weight I guess.

Yesterday: Felt better. Did some leg extensions, leg curls, glute max and medius work with ankle weights, alot of mobility work with the hips, stretched really good.

Today: Feeling much better, small cough, runny nose here and there. Deadlifts, shrugs, bench, weighted ab work. 217 lbs after lifting.

Sparred kickboxing for a couple rounds, then ended up wrestling. Learned a cool take down from getting bear hugged. Pretty wore out, haven't grappled hard in a while. Going to be sore tomorrow that's for sure.

Morning:
Deadlifted 3x5
Squat 3x8
Shrugs 3x8
Light to medium lifts
Stretched adductors and hamstrings

Evening:
20 mins on heavy bag
Worked on spaw left cross and left uppercut
Worked on slipping a cross from someone in the opposite stance and countering with an uppercut if they stepped in or a cross if they stayed back and adjusting position.

Bench Press 531 - 105x5, 135x5, 165x5, 200x5, amrap 225x5
Pendlay Row 531 - Warm up, 5x85, 5x90, amrap 4x100 (form broke down and stopped)
Shrugs - 3x8 @ 135
Lat pulldowns 3x10 @ 100
Chin ups - 2x8 @ bw
Close grip bench - 2x8 @ 135
Weighted crunches - 3x10 @ 25
Curls - 3x8 @ 65

Notes: I have neglected my back too much, working on my imbalances. 223 lbs ate a lot for Thanksgiving. They found a new opponent for January :icon_chee

Yesterday: Did romanian deadlifts, single leg straight deadlifts, glute ham raises, weighted glute bridges, calf raises.

Today: Sore hammys and glutes.

Practiced checking or blocking all kinds of kicks and countering immediately after with my own kick.

Also got a quick tutorial on southpaw stuff when opponent keeps beating me to the outside.

Sparred several rounds, did pretty well. Lead corkscrew uppercut followed by cross was working very well. At some point I caught a wild hook on my jaw with my mouth open I thought I was safe from and felt stupid. Jaw is sore now. Pfft. Otherwise very fun practice.

Back