Law Biden admin puts popular Chinese drone maker DJI on investment blocklist.

I’ve been flying them for a few years now, currently rocking a DJI Air 2S and it’s my favourite toy ever. What kind did you get?

Right on man. This is my first drone and I got the mini 2 with the 4k camera. It fits into the less than 250 gram category. I live near an airport and didn't want to deal with restricted flight areas.

Yeah, just figuring it out. I should be able to get some good pics and vids, can take some cool shots of your property sometime.

Thanks, but I can just use google Earth. :D

Got any hot neighbors you can spy on?

<GOT2>

Good.

Too bad my ChiCom loving PM is allowing the chinese spy agency build our 5g network.
Mr Super Liberal himbo sure loves him dictators and illiberal regimes. But at least he says the right things and has nice hair.

Right on man. This is my first drone and I got the mini 2 with the 4k camera. It fits into the less than 250 gram category. I live near an airport and didn't want to deal with restricted flight areas.

Nice, that’s an absolutely perfect drone for a first timer and very capable considering how small and portable it is. I’m thinking of grabbing one myself for restricted areas as well. Have fun homie.

Good.

Too bad my ChiCom loving PM is allowing the chinese spy agency build our 5g network.
Mr Super Liberal himbo sure loves him dictators and illiberal regimes. But at least he says the right things and has nice hair.

Source? Last I heard no decision has been made.

Also hasn't Samsung been winning deals

Samsung = Korean, not China

https://news.samsung.com/ca/telus-d...ork-infrastructure-to-improve-social-outcomes
https://www.rcrwireless.com/20210317/business/samsung-secures-new-5g-contract-canada-sasktel

you can thank Trump for pushing the narrative

aside from that, does this really mean anything if you can still buy their products and easily dominate the drone and soon cinema markets? A DJI sponsorship is about as good as an Apple one these days

and china joe is still a thing, deal with it. He's been in bed with china for decades, this erases none of that.

Everyone was in bed with China then, the geopolitical environment was very different. People forget that the ccp very closely adhered to their ideology of 'peaceful rise' since around 2000.

This included avoiding confrontations, proliferating growth through free trade, creating cultural ties, and some sort of dialogue regarding a roadmap to democratisation. The China of the 2000s was still overall a bad actor but a far cry from the China of the last 5 years.

Things really started to change when Xi came into power. Its hard to say whether he was the cause of this shift or it was always part of the plan for when China's economy grows big enough, probably a bit of both.

Point is that no one here wouldve been crying about the CCP in the year 2000 and no one would be complaining about politicians having ties to them. So what youre really doing is being a revisionist.

Trump being aggressive towards China was a lot more so a case of overall US policy shifting the actions of the president than the other way around.

Everyone was in bed with China then, the geopolitical environment was very different. People forget that the ccp very closely adhered to their ideology of 'peaceful rise' since around 2000.

This included avoiding confrontations, proliferating growth through free trade, creating cultural ties, and some sort of dialogue regarding a roadmap to democratisation. The China of the 2000s was still overall a bad actor but a far cry from the China of the last 5 years.

Things really started to change when Xi came into power. Its hard to say whether he was the cause of this shift or it was always part of the plan for when China's economy grows big enough, probably a bit of both.

Point is that no one here wouldve been crying about the CCP in the year 2000 and no one would be complaining about politicians having ties to them. So what youre really doing is being a revisionist.

Trump being aggressive towards China was a lot more so a case of overall US policy shifting the actions of the president than the other way around.

This would ring truer if Trump weren't complaining about China while running, before he was president, and if the dem candidates weren't avoiding mention of China in 2016 and 2020. And if the dems didn't complain about Trump's criticism of China. And if they didn't constantly blame Russia for everything while leveraging the American media to ignore any hint of hunter's connections to China.

Also, only the inattentive didn't see trouble with China coming at least a decade ago. By 2010, even American sitcoms were joking about the possibility of war with China.

It takes some serious belief in coincidences to think that Trump became president just at the moment the American government was shifting It's view of China after years of rolling over.

This would ring truer if Trump weren't complaining about China while running, before he was president, and if the dem candidates weren't avoiding mention of China in 2016 and 2020. And if the dems didn't complain about Trump's criticism of China. And if they didn't constantly blame Russia for everything while leveraging the American media to ignore any hint of hunter's connections to China.

Also, only the inattentive didn't see trouble with China coming at least a decade ago. By 2010, even American sitcoms were joking about the possibility of war with China.

It takes some serious belief in coincidences to think that Trump became president just at the moment the American government was shifting It's view of China after years of rolling over.
All in all, the US allowing China to grow like that, since Nixon, was one of the dumbest moves ever made by a country. They basically let an existential threat not only grow but they supported it actively.
Did they really think a large, extremely populous communist dictatorship with an axe to grind due to the century of humiliation was going to turn into a nice liberal democracy because that's the course of history?

The problem with banning Nike outright unless they pull out would require Biden to ban Apple, Honeywell, Ford, General Motors, Tesla, Boeing and a shit ton of American companies; because all of them make and or sell in China.

Double standards have never been a problem for democrats in the past.

shouldn't Biden be banning them until they get out of China.

I think Biden is doing stupid little gestures like this and the olympics to make it look like he is retaliating against china...but he really isn't.
What did Trump "really do"? Genuinely curious on your thoughts

Yeah, just figuring it out. I should be able to get some good pics and vids, can take some cool shots of your property sometime.

Just found out yesterday from a neighbor that burglers are using drones out here in LA to case homes for potential targets. Funnily enough, I saw a drone flying over our row of houses a week or two ago.

that's disingenuous to say that Huawei is ALLOWED to build 5G networks in Canada

they are still in the running to build it- unlike in the US UK and others.

So how is that disingenous?

they are still in the running to build it- unlike in the US UK and others.

So how is that disingenous?

you stated like a fact that Liberals had consented to Huwawei building the 5G network in Canada

factually Samsung is the one with recent contracts

factually Liberals haven't made a decision yet, this is like you saying guilty until proven innocent

Back