Elections Biden impeachment hearings mega thread (art dealer questioned)

First off... Hunter was acting as a Foreign Agent and not registered with NARA.

Then Joe has repeatedly said he had zero knowledge of any of Hunter's business in Ukraine or with China. Both lies.

Now.. does Comer and McCarthy have any evidence to tie those two statements together and prove Joe was involved with Hunter in his dealings... especially while he was Vice President?

Who the fuck knows... Comer has said there's bank records. Don't know if I believe him. They better have something.... Records or Correspence. There's the alias emails which is shady as fuck too. Something that a cheating spouse would do. But Shady doesn't mean shit in a legal battle. Seriously... they better have evidence.

Otherwise, not only will McCarthy have one of the shortest tenures as House Majority Leader... He will be scrubbed out in extreme shame.
It's pretty clear the MAGA faction of the House forced him to on penalty of forcing a removal vote anyway. You don't sound so sure anymore that there's any real evidence of criminality here. Good. We wouldn't want you to be too shocked when it turns out they have two pounds of nothingburger in a one pound bag.

I grant I will eat a bit of crow if I'm wrong about that (although I think it's unlikely), but if there's real wrongdoing there I couldn't care less what happens to Biden, just for the record. Good luck; I mean that.

lol...yeah that crooked prosecutor specifically looking into Biden and Burisma. CrOoKed!!!111
CLAIM
Trump said that the Ukrainian prosecutor Joe Biden had pushed to oust, Viktor Shokin, was "prosecuting" the company where Hunter Biden sat on the board, Burisma.

CONCLUSION
Shokin was not prosecuting Burisma.

EVIDENCE
While there had been an investigation of the company, Shokin's former deputy, Vitaliy Kasko, has said that it was dormant at the time of Joe Biden's intervention. (The former US ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, and the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs, George Kent, testified in Trump's impeachment inquiry that Shokin was corrupt; the US and its allies had made a coordinated effort to oust him.)
https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics/factcheck_3fae078e-8724-4c28-9340-2c154688af43

It's pretty clear the MAGA faction of the House forced him to on penalty of forcing a removal vote anyway. You don't sound so sure anymore that there's any real evidence of criminality here. Good. We wouldn't want you to be too shocked when it turns out they have two pounds of nothingburger in a one pound bag.

I grant I will eat a bit of crow if I'm wrong about that (although I think it's unlikely), but if there's real wrongdoing there I couldn't care less what happens to Biden, just for the record. Good luck; I mean that.

In addition to the lack of evidence (not for lack of trying!), the thing is, the GOP attacks just don't make any sense. After decades in power (when he was often the poorest Senator), when he's nearing retirement and elderly (and on the verge of a huge book deal that will make him rich for the first time), he's suddenly going to break bad? And while he's doing a job that is notoriously lacking in any real power? And the only thing we know that Burisma wanted was to keep Shokin, while Republicans are up in arms about Biden helping to oust him. The whole thing is really obviously stupid.

In addition to the lack of evidence (not for lack of trying!), the thing is, the GOP attacks just don't make any sense. After decades in power (when he was often the poorest Senator), when he's nearing retirement and elderly (and on the verge of a huge book deal that will make him rich for the first time), he's suddenly going to break bad? And while he's doing a job that is notoriously lacking in any real power? And the only thing we know that Burisma wanted was to keep Shokin, while Republicans are up in arms about Biden helping to oust him. The whole thing is really obviously stupid.
Indeed, it's heartening to see there's some shit that's too fucking stupid even for @Scerpi to choke down.

The answer is no, only the President has that kind of Executive discretion. President Obama had the backing of the bi-partisan senate Ukraine caucus, as well as our EU allies to request that Shokin be removed. Joe had no executive power here, he was the messenger, so how could he be held accountable for this decision when it wasn't his to make?
Here are the facts: Biden made the threat, Biden bragged about it, and his family benefited. None of your post changes any of that.

Of course! Trump didn't get impeached for it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/10/us/jared-kushner-saudi-investment-fund.html

Before Giving Billions to Jared Kushner, Saudi Investment Fund Had Big Doubts
Before committing $2 billion to Mr. Kushner’s fledgling firm, officials at a fund led by the Saudi crown prince questioned taking such a big risk.

7BB4C7FE-F921-4D0D-867F-53B7691931F0_cx0_cy3_cw0_w1200_r1.jpg
This is the face I made when they told me what I had to do to get them to agree to this deal.

Here are the facts: Biden made the threat, Biden bragged about it, and his family benefited. None of your post changes any of that.

How did his family benefit from ousting Shokin? WTF? Also, the threat was made by the U.S. Not like Biden was personally making it.

CLAIM
Trump said that the Ukrainian prosecutor Joe Biden had pushed to oust, Viktor Shokin, was "prosecuting" the company where Hunter Biden sat on the board, Burisma.

CONCLUSION
Shokin was not prosecuting Burisma.

EVIDENCE
While there had been an investigation of the company, Shokin's former deputy, Vitaliy Kasko, has said that it was dormant at the time of Joe Biden's intervention. (The former US ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, and the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs, George Kent, testified in Trump's impeachment inquiry that Shokin was corrupt; the US and its allies had made a coordinated effort to oust him.)
https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics/factcheck_3fae078e-8724-4c28-9340-2c154688af43
Pls no DNC propaganda news.
https://news.yahoo.com/former-top-ukraine-prosecutor-comes-001014759.html
"I have said repeatedly in my previous interviews that Poroshenko fired me at the insistence of the then Vice President Biden because I was investigating Burisma," Shokin told Fox News in the interview which aired Saturday evening.

I haven’t defended Trump and his criminal cases. Not sure who you think you’re talking to. Stay on topic.

Any of the moderators of this forum going to clean up this post and hand out warnings, yellow cards and the like? Or no because he clearly slants hard left? Asking for a friend.
LOL go "card" yourself. I was responding to YOUR post wherein you mention Orange Peephole T., to wit,
"I mean, the media never listened to trump. They spent 5 years slamming him every single day. Not a good comparison."

I went on to give evidence to counter your assertion that they were "slamming him every single day" and instead to instead support the assertion that they actually reported on the shitty things Trump did--every day.

Re: the bold text, but you have said you'd rather he were president over Biden, right? Before you answer, remember, the search function here is not as broken as many have been lead to believe.

Of course it does, he made a threat on behalf of the Obama administration, not himself, and he even stated that it was Obama that made the call. So how is he accountable for being a messenger, and not the decision maker here?

"I said, ‘Nah, I’m not going to – we’re not going to give you the billion dollars.’ They said, ‘You have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said –.' I said, ‘Call him.’" Biden remarked during a January 2018 event hosted by the Council on Foreign Relations. "I said, ‘I’m telling you, you’re not getting the $1 billion.’"

How did his family benefit from ousting Shokin? WTF? Also, the threat was made by the U.S. Not like Biden was personally making it.
Do you have any source suggesting Obama directed that? The only thing I could find suggests the opposite.
https://nypost.com/2023/08/22/state...cutor-biden-pressured-ukraine-to-fire-report/
The memos show Biden may have acted alone — and in fact counter to US policy — when he told then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to get rid of Shokin.

Of course it does, he made a threat on behalf of the Obama administration, not himself, and he even stated that it was Obama that made the call. So how is he accountable for being a messenger, and not the decision maker here?

"I said, ‘Nah, I’m not going to – we’re not going to give you the billion dollars.’ They said, ‘You have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said –.' I said, ‘Call him.’" Biden remarked during a January 2018 event hosted by the Council on Foreign Relations. "I said, ‘I’m telling you, you’re not getting the $1 billion.’"
See post above

LOL go "card" yourself. I was responding to YOUR post wherein you mention Orange Peephole T., to wit,
"I mean, the media never listened to trump. They spent 5 years slamming him every single day. Not a good comparison."

I went on to give evidence to counter your assertion that they were "slamming him every single day" and instead to instead support the assertion that they actually reported on the shitty things Trump did--every day.

Re: the bold text, but you have said you'd rather he were president over Biden, right? Before you answer, remember, the search function here is not as broken as many have been lead to believe.
You’re 10 pages late about another parallel.

Back