Big country destroys CC at his best...

Also Francis has way more power and heart than Cro Cop, Cro Cop would’ve quit by the second round against Stipe if he wasn’t already unconscious by then.

Again an example of how strongly the hype can control what people see, Crocop was lacking in power? Ngannou showed "heart" in a fight he looked gassed and flustered in after less than 5 mins? he survived mostly because Stipe was happy to ride out a low risk decision.

Watch this fight with open eyes, are you seriously telling me that Ngannou showed greater technical skill than Mirko? if so you better hope Dana White doesn't have a mean streak and desided to tell you cowshite tastes like strawberrys when he retires.

Again an example of how strongly the hype can control what people see, Crocop was lacking in power? Ngannou showed "heart" in a fight he looked gassed and flustered in after less than 5 mins? he survived mostly because Stipe was happy to ride out a low risk decision.

Watch this fight with open eyes, are you seriously telling me that Ngannou showed greater technical skill than Mirko? if so you better ope Dana White doesn't have a mean streak and desided to tell you cowshite tastes like strawberrys when he retires.
Cro Cop literally gives up in fights. Look at him vs JDS. He just quit. Also K-1 means nothing when you look at Sapp destroying one of their GOATs twice along with most K-1 fighters being soundly beaten by other mma fighters or being beaten on the feet in mma. Cro Cop was knocked out in the feet by Schaub at 36 before he went on to win the K-1 championship. That isn’t a sign of elite striking.

Cro Cop literally gives up in fights. Look at him vs JDS. He just quit. Also K-1 means nothing when you look at Sapp destroying one of their GOATs twice along with most K-1 fighters being soundly beaten by other mma fighters or being beaten on the feet in mma. Cro Cop was knocked out in the feet by Schaub at 36 before he went on to win the K-1 championship. That isn’t a sign of elite striking.

Crocop is I'd agree a front runner and not an example of extreme heart like many guys from his era like Nog and Fedor but Ngannou? again that wasn't some great display fo heart, Francis clearly broke mentally as well as physically when Stipe picked hios sloppy boxing apart and took him down. He survived because Stipe was happy to lean on him for 20 mins and take a decision not due to some incredible mental toughness.

I mean Stipe would be an elite HW in any era but Ngannouu was Brock/Carwin mk2, remember when the UFC hype those two as "the new breed" and fans like you believed it absolutely before they gave an almost comical performance against each other?

A big reason why the HW division has been allowed to decline is I'd say because the UFC know they can sell anyone to there hardcore brand fans. Why spend money on signing world class talent when you have people who will believe Junior Albini represents the highest evolution of the sport?

I would point out Crocop did not really win an event equivllent to the classic K-1 championship, such elite talent as there still was in kickboxing was not fighting at that event. Crocop was in better form by that point than late in his second UFC run but he was still nothing close to the form of his original K-1 career, anyone with half an eye for the sport can see that.

Last edited:
Crocop is I'd agree a front runner and not an example of extreme heart like many guys from his era like Nog and Fedor but Ngannou? again that wasn't some great display fo heart, Francis clearly broke mentally as well as physically when Stipe picked hios sloppy boxing apart and took him down. He survived because Stipe was happy to lean on him for 20 mins and take a decision not due to some incredible mental toughness/
Yet you overlooked how kickboxing is a lowest of the low level sport and K-1 credentials means absolutely nothing or how Schaub brutally finishes Cro Cop. Never got the Fedor shoes great heart either. What fights did he exhibit that in?

Yet you overlooked how kickboxing is a lowest of the low level sport and K-1 credentials means absolutely nothing or how Schaub brutally finishes Cro Cop. Never got the Fedor shoes great heart either. What fights did he exhibit that in?

You overlook that your showing vast ignorance of the sport looking to relate the version of K-1 Mirko won to the original org, it was a totally different org that had simply bought the name and did not feature any of the best HW kickboxers.

Fedor didn't show great heart coming back and finishing Fujita within a round whilst still rocked? I know what Fedor didn't do in his best years and that's show aweful sloppy technique resulting in him being picked apart standing and easily broke down on the ground whilst gassing and looking mentally beaten.

The reality is that the Rogan bullshit hype was strong with Ngannou just as with Rousey, I mean yeah both were/are dangerous fighters but one in a million? some new evolution of MMA? sorry but that's just corporate spiel looking to empty your pockets. Naturally nobody wants to admit they've been conned though.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be cool if a Country full of Crow's fought a Big Cop?!

I'd watch that over two over-the-hill MMAers with rusty cannons.

First of all, Cro Cop entered the Nelson fight injured with thorn biceps and only one good hand. After the first clinch his injured hand was done, and he had no chance after that.
He allways showed fire and desire to fight and love for fighting, and thats why he entered several fights injured (Mir, Hunt) and accumulated over 80 pro fights, while some others calculate and fight once in 2 years for 15 fights in career total.

Picking several losses like Schaub fight and making an example of that for stand up skills means nothing, because if you fight 40 fights in career you will lose around 10, and you can see that from resumes of all great fighters like Nogueira, Barnett, Wand, Rampage, Lidell etc., while lamers of modern era fight 15 - 20 matches in their entire career.

Also, american unified rules and cage are bad for Cro Cop`s style, and they are not measure of his true quality.

Longer guys have a lot easier time dancing around and circling in big round octagon to avoid kicks and manage distance, timing and reach in their favour, and lets not forget that Mir, Schaub and Kongo spent a lot of time in fence clinching and walling Mirko and leaning their heavier bodies on him on the fence, and that is also a specific negative feature of american MMA rules and environment.

Last edited:
Prime Cro Cop would have flatlined Roy. I'd favour him over Ngannou and he'd have given Stipe a tough fight too.

Back