Biggest Bench in The UFC

Guys, I get it, we're all dudes here and trust me when I say this, nobody loves the beaver as much as I do, nobody talks about the bush like I do, but guys the way you're talking about a lady here and speculate about her body without a shred of evidence, is quite disgusting to be honest with you, man. I mean I don't know about you guys but let's stay on topic and treat the ladies with all due respect, okay? We love 'em I get it, but let's be respectful at the same time, boys.

lololol.

again with the humble-rag routine.

i think you oicture yourself like a Wally Cleaver, and all of us on Sherdog are the Beaver-

yer hear to tussle our hair, and say "aw shucks guys, lets not act like a bunch a kiddos, and dont get sore for me sayin so"..

you arent on an intellectual high ground, or a moral one.

we think of you like the older high schooler too.
you know, the one in my sophomore math class.
except he is a Senior, for the 3rd year in a row.

listen to the masses-
SHERDOG NEVER AGREES ON ANYTHING, SO IF WE ALL THINK YER A CAN, WELL............

Well it is what it is, bro, and you're probably American no big deal, but I originally come from Europe and as you've probably noticed from the way some of us, namely Dawkins, Hitches, and McGregor talk, we like to be just a little bit blunt and straight forward with our communications style. That combined with my business background, which is a ballsy environment no question about it, and yeah I can see how that rubs some people the wrong way. And that's exactly the reason why I wanted to go a little bit more light hearted on you guys with this thread.

Listen: I'm not your bro, your man, your pal, your buddy or your friend.

And you obviously didn't think before answering, as I said before that "going full Hitchens" and just assuming things like "You must be a creationist" (as you once did) or "you must be american" is just not the way to argue with people. Stop being obnoxious. Just downright stop talking like this, it's unbearable.

No, I'm not american, I'm European, hell English is not even my native language. I get that people like you like to pretend that you somehow all have Irish roots.

And yeah, you told be before how you are in business and that you have to be a pretender in order to be convincing since otherwise even uneducated people would expose you as a fake fraud. All you people do is throw out big words and invent catchphrases in order to say absolutely nothing of content. You only produce warm air.

And lastly, you educate nobody on here, you don't shine light on anything, you just want attention at all cost.
I suggest you really stop posting threads on here, because if you look carefully, most of you threads end up with everyone bashing you for the person that you are. Also, your threads hold very little value, except for the one about the unified rules. This had an official pdf in it.

I don't need a medical report. Some people can tell by looking, some can't. There's not much more to it.

yup, well said,.
my bro.

implants arent hard to spot, you dont have to have paid for a few pairs, you dont even have to actually have dated them.

and speculating or outright insisting someone has them is not an insult- implants are superior tech.

any natural girl falsely accused should feel complimented.

youre also arguing with someone who im certainhas little experience around live women, my man.

Listen: I'm not your bro, your man, your pal, your buddy or your friend.

And you obviously didn't think before answering, as I said before that "going full Hitchens" and just assuming things like "You must be a creationist" (as you once did) or "you must be american" is just not the way to argue with people. Stop being obnoxious. Just downright stop talking like this, it's unbearable.

No, I'm not american, I'm European, hell English is not even my native language. I get that people like you like to pretend that you somehow all have Irish roots.

And yeah, you told be before how you are in business and that you have to be a pretender in order to be convincing since otherwise even uneducated people would expose you as a fake fraud. All you people do is throw out big words and invent catchphrases in order to say absolutely nothing of content. You only produce warm air.

And lastly, you educate nobody on here, you don't shine light on anything, you just want attention at all cost.
I suggest you really stop posting threads on here, because if you look carefully, most of you threads end up with everyone bashing you for the person that you are. Also, your threads hold very little value, except for the one about the unified rules. This had an official pdf in it.
Well that's just your opinion, bro. That being said, my man, we're here to talk about benching so let's get back on that, lighthearted, fun topic, guys.

Yeah. Somehow I have the feeling it won't stick.
You know what I mean, bro, pal, my man? #AdHominem #Hitchens #Dawkins
Bro, I'm doing my best to keep this thread as lighthearted, fun, and on topic as possible. I'm avoiding confrontation here up to a point where I make Gandhi look like George W. Bush.

Well that's just your opinion, bro. That being said, my man, we're here to talk about benching so let's get back on that, lighthearted, fun topic, guys.

Still, not your bro or your man.

It could be lighthearted, if you presented it that way.
Leave out the obnoxiousness, leave in all the content.

Write that down, use it as your wallpaper, frame it and read it every time you want to post something, ever.

Bro, I'm doing my best to keep this thread as lighthearted, fun, and on topic as possible. I'm avoiding confrontation here up to a point where I make Gandhi look like George W. Bush.

Wow, took you 3 minutes to ruin it. You're doing a terrible job.
The first portion of your OP was not fun, it was licking your own butthole. You must be a contortionist.

8a2d1a75c8fc.jpg

Wow, took you 3 minutes to ruin it. You're doing a terrible job.
The first portion of your OP was not fun, it was licking your own butthole. You must be a contortionist.
I'm just gonna let that horrible, low class attempt at an insult slide. I'm gonna let it slide, but I must say, the way you're acting up right now, is not a good look for anyone living outside of USA.

In theory it equates to it. In practice it is quite different. Putting up a good 1rm (with good technique) is more than just size and the ability to bang out reps. Factors such as rate coding, motor unit recruitment, and inter- and intra muscular coordination all play a huge role, and these factors need to be trained to be efficient. It is why weightlifters and powerlifters are stronger at their specific lifts than other athletes of a similar weight. Well, that and skill in general.

There is literally no way to "translate" from muscular endurance (25+ reps) to strength. No accurate way. Sure, calculators abound, but really they are inaccurate as hell at that range.

And no, no they do not. There are linemen who have passed entirely on the bench portion of the combine. For some reason people are hung up on this issue, when really that portion of the combine is pretty much just a show for certain people and allow those who are good at it to show off a bit in case they do not do well at other areas.

Many teams could care less about the bench press, and quite a few D1 programs avoid it in their programming, just to be on the safe side. Not to say there is anything wrong with the lift (there is not) but given how common shoulder injuries are, and the need to ensure everyone is healthy, a lot more focus is often given to other pressing exercises.

But what would I know? I only do this for a living.

You are kinda a geek. You probably are ripped but on the inside you are as geeky as a dweeb crunching numbers at a D&D convention. As far as athletes showing off bench press at the combine, those guys are generally A class athletes.

Take a look at Brock Lesnar's numbers, since he fought in the UFC, compared to a monster like JJ Watt.

Lesnar
40-yard dash time: 4.7 seconds
Vertical jump: 35 in
Standing long jump: 10 ft 0 in
Bench press: 225 lb with 30 reps

JJ Watt
40-yard dash time: 4.84 seconds
Vertical jump: 37 in
Standing long jump: 10 ft 0 in
Bench press: 225 lb with 34 reps

Virtually indistinguishable, but it illustrates what monsters these guys are. How many 6'5" 300 pound monsters you know that can run a 4.7 40? Anyway, have you seen the Dana White video of him putting up 315 and all the muscleheads across the internet gushing that he has perfect technique doing it? Yea you heard that right. Dana F'ing White has the lifting technique of a professional.

No. Judging from videos is far less accurate than judging by actual qualified judges at a meet. An organization that prides itself on good judging will actually have a panel that you can appeal to and dispute a call. From meets I have judged at I, and others, have noted that the angle at which a video is taken is often hugely different, and gives a different perspective, than the judges will have at a meet. Example: a deadlift may get turned down for soft knees at lockout (secondary flexion of the knees is illegal). When taken from the front or 3/4 front, a video often will not show this.

There are other numerous examples as well.

And, of course, there are plenty of lifts on youtube with fake plates.

A quality meet, with good judges and properly calibrated plates is still the gold standar.

im quite confident over the yrs ive learned a lot more about fitness than most people anywhere, but you are definitely not one of them, and i just wanted to say thanks.

50% of what youve written here i know to be true, and its a refreshing pace changer-

(DONT ANYONE MISUNDERSTAND, MY MEN- I LOVE ME A GOOD HAMMURABI THREAD, AND IM SO GLAD HES RETURNED FROM THE PROJECT THAT TOOK HIM OFF THE GRID TO THE TROPICS. for those of you that are new to him, search out his old Sun Tzu threads, i really cant see why they havent been archived- funniest stuff ever.)

the other 50% was all NEW to me.

im taking the moment to say ive learned several things from you, you can articulate with credibility without sounding like an arrogant prick, or even worse, a moronic dilettante.

i hope some people not only learn some of the FACTS you have written about, but MORE IMPORTANTLY take note on your use of sincere humility combined with cogent, respectful correction of people who are wrong.

a certain someone could learn a lot from you in this thread, but either way, thanks for the interesting info on sport lifting,
my man.

I'm just gonna let that horrible, low class attempt at an insult slide. I'm gonna let it slide, but I must say, the way you're acting up right now, is not a good look for anyone living outside of USA.

It was actually very high level, you see. I was, smart guy that I am, referring to your "you must be a creationist", took your self (but wrongly) proclaimed "laying down of the case" and put it into a fitting expressing like "licking ones butthole" and said that you're a contortionist. Also, it was a little jab at all the big words you learned by heart and nowadays puke all over your threads.
If anything, it was genius. Genius, I tell you.

You are kinda a geek. You probably are ripped but on the inside you are as geeky as a dweeb crunching numbers at a D&D convention. As far as athletes showing off bench press at the combine, those guys are generally A class athletes.

ect technique doing it? Yea you heard that right. Dana F'ing White has the lifting technique of a professional.

while i agree Eric may come off a tad academic, i think he pretty soundly supports his statements...

im not being sarcastic, but what wasthe point of your post?
did Eric somewhere write that Brock or JJ was a poor athlete?

i have read a lot of what he's written, and agree with everything ive read so far- but i agree with your post too and it seems you 2 disagree.. (or i could be mistaken, if so, sorry)

I've heard of bro science, but never bro business. Sherdog is once again providing my further education, my man.

oh, no.
Hammurabi you put me on ignore?
if you take me off ignore, i PROMISE not to tease you even one time, mention you directly or indirectly, or in anyway make myself known to you........

until April 1st, 2016. (you cant make me promise to NEVER tease ya again, but thats 4 months- a LONG TIME)

on my kids' lives i mean this as a sincere plea for reconsideration by you.

i hope you can read this, and hope you believe me and take it serious, because
if you dont undo this, i wont be able to see your threads anymore.

i really dont want to not be able to see your threads anymore. i SWEAR I can read them but not comment.

there is no risk to you- if im lying, you could simply put me back on block, but im not.

as a token of my genuine request, i wont write in these threads anymore, but will hope they reappear in my watch thread list.

It was actually very high level, you see. I was, smart guy that I am, referring to your "you must be a creationist", took your self (but wrongly) proclaimed "laying down of the case" and put it into a fitting expressing like "licking ones butthole" and said that you're a contortionist. Also, it was a little jab at all the big words you learned by heart and nowadays puke all over your threads.
If anything, it was genius. Genius, I tell you.
Now it's just completely ridiculous, bro, up to a point where I'm afraid I'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you a.) either leave the thread and stop making these weirdo claims about this and that or b.) contribute to the topic, which by the way I don't think you know about much about. Not much of a lifter, now are you dude?

on topic, Top 5 guesses are:

5. Brock
4. Tank/Mark Kerr
3. Mark Kerr/Tank
2. Mark Hunt
1. Shawn Jordan

BUT IF WE ARE REALLY VOTING FOR "BEST BENCH", my vote is Homer Moore.

at 190, he pressed 435 lbs 2-3 times cleanly, no shirt, flat bench.
i know this for fact as i was there firsthand on many occasions.

lb-4-lb, that's gotta be the best- nobody else is doing 2.5+ X their bodyweight (in UFC, at least)

a fantastic fighter and even better athlete, i was shocked he didnt do better in the UFC, many of us really thought he would have won a belt if Shamrock hadnt broken his ankle.

Back