Biggest JDS fan here, but he wont survive guys like blaydes/ngannou/vok/dc (50/50) ... dude is done

he is not that fast anymore but still has a good chance to beat anyone or get knocked the fuck out

What do you think?

He looked "good" vs Lewis ... but cmn ... its fucken Lewis!!

JDS vs Ngannou/Blaydes/DC/Volkov is 50/50

Prime JDS was a beast, but lets be real ...
giphy.gif

Wait, are you saying he has a 50/50 chance or he is done? Not sure I understand this thread.
I also think he would be Blaydes, vok and likely DC. I would bet on Ngannou beating him though

Fucken Lewis was not far removed at all from fighting for the title and has beaten half the people you favour over Dos Santos.
Lewis was gifted a title shot due to circumstances that even he said he didn't deserve

When you read 'i am a huge fan, but-', translate it as, 'i am not a fan, and therefore-'.

JDS Vs Ngannou is the fight to make.

Might even put money on JDS if he's a huge underdog.

see i never got this. im still learning about gambling after all these years. You are a pretty solid sherdogger so i know you will help.

why would you bet only if he is a huge dog? do you think hes going to win? if so why not at even money or even slightly bad odds?

or is it because you would be willing to treat it like a lottery ticket if he did win?

im assuming your saying, you think JDS will win but only will bet if the odds are favorable?

Nothing is certain in HW. He can be champion again with the right matchups. This division is too random.

Huge JDS fan here too

I like his chances against Blaydes and Volkov. He's always had good TDD so could survive Blaydes who looks to purely wrestle, and Volkov looks to purely strike which works well for JDS.

DC would probably beat him just because his wrestling and clinch work is next level, but he'd give a tough fight.

Him vs Ngannou is a 1st round KO either way. I'd favour Ngannou tbh, but JDS can crack him too

HW is full of bums and has been. The only two guys that are a threat to JDS are stipe and DC

He barely break a sweat against someone else

I don't want to see JDS get abused but he's still a top-tier HW. What have those guys done to show they are better than him? The athletic challenges are real but most of these HWs can't really fight. There's a reason guys like Roy Nelson and Arlovski have been able to remain relevant late in their careers.

If you were his biggest fan, you wouldn't be saying shit like this.

Why? I'm Anderson's biggest fan and he wouldn't stand a big chance against guys like Romero, Rockhold or Weidman. No shame in admitting your favourite fighter is past their prime.

I'm a big JDS fan too but I don't see him breaking into the top 3 again. Being a fan =/= being delusional.

Edit: Maybe against current Weidman Anderson wouldn't do so bad. But he's no top 3 material anymore.

Yeah big JDS fan here. Easy to look good against Tuivasa, Lewis, and Ivanov if you're somewhat of a technician. Volkov can handle all those guys too, shit he handled BB until the last 20 secs. I need to see him against a Willis, Blaydes, Stipe, Overeem, Francis, or Cain to really say he's still a top dog. Really happy for his recent success though, if I where is manager, I keep booking him with the bottom of the top 15. He still racks up top wins and paychecks, without having to go Zombie again like the Cain and Stipe 1 fights.

see i never got this. im still learning about gambling after all these years. You are a pretty solid sherdogger so i know you will help.

why would you bet only if he is a huge dog? do you think hes going to win? if so why not at even money or even slightly bad odds?

or is it because you would be willing to treat it like a lottery ticket if he did win?

im assuming your saying, you think JDS will win but only will bet if the odds are favorable?

Betting odds determines how much extra money you get back if you win. It's how betting organizations hedge against losing money.

So for example, if you have a given fighter who a lot of people think will win, lots of people will put bets on him; therefore, you increase the odds, lowering the bonus pay out until it is covered by the amount of money being payed in by people betting on the other guy; likewise, you lower the odds on the other guy, increasing the amount of bonus payout in case he wins, thus enticing more people to bet.

Oftentimes if an odds-maker is fairly confident that a certain athlete will win over another, he will manually adjust the odds even higher for the athlete he expects to win, to further reduce the amount of money they would have to pay out in case they win, and entice even more people to bet on the guy they expect to lose, thus increasing profit. Of course this also means that if the guy they expect to lose ends up winning, then they will end up losing money to pay out the extra underdog multiplication to the people who bet on the underdog.

All of which is to say sometimes if someone sees a guy who is a significant underdog in terms of betting odds, but who they think still has a chance of winning, they will place a small bet on them, which would not be a big loss if it doesn't pan out, but which would be a big multiplicative gain if it does.

Why? I'm Anderson's biggest fan and he wouldn't stand a big chance against guys like Romero, Rockhold or Weidman. No shame in admitting your favourite fighter is past their prime.

I'm a big JDS fan too but I don't see him breaking into the top 3 again. Being a fan =/= being delusional.

Edit: Maybe against current Weidman Anderson wouldn't do so bad. But he's no top 3 material anymore.

I'd say the thing isn't that one would not say so about a fighter they were a fan of if the conversation moves to such a topic, but that they would not go out of their way to make a thread or solicit the subject.

"Look at how weak this fighter i am a fan of is, am i right guys?" That sort of thing.

Last edited:
Betting odds determines how much extra money you get back if you win. It's how betting organizations hedge against losing money.

So for example, if you have a given fighter who a lot of people think will win, lots of people will put bets on him; therefore, you increase the odds, lowering the bonus pay out until it is covered by the amount of money being payed in by people betting on the other guy; likewise, you lower the odds on the other guy, increasing the amount of bonus payout in case he wins, thus enticing more people to bet.

Oftentimes if an odds-maker is fairly confident that a certain athlete will win over another, he will manually adjust the odds even higher for the athlete he expects to win, to further reduce the amount of money they would have to pay out in case they win, and entice even more people to bet on the guy they expect to lose, thus increasing profit. Of course this also means that if the guy they expect to lose ends up winning, then they will end up losing money to pay out the extra underdog multiplication to the people who bet on the underdog.

All of which is to say sometimes if someone sees a guy who is a significant underdog in terms of betting odds, but who they think still has a chance of winning, they will place a small bet on them, which would not be a big loss if it doesn't pan out, but which would be a big multiplicative gain if it does.

exactly what i was looking for. thanks

I think it’s funny how dismissive people are of Lewis when the man startches everyone that’s rushed him before. I’d say the fact that JDS took the fight too him and finished him is telling. Francis was clearly scared of Lewis

Back