Media Bisping removes ocular insert Live on his podcast

He'd never have been able to do it as a boxer as he wouldn't be allowed to fight.
It's impressive that he could do it but you have to wonder why he was even allowed in the cage.

Because he wasn't. People are just making shit up. Bisping's eye was fucked, no doubt but he wasn't fighting with one eye or blind in that eye. He still had to pass the medicals and unless the Dr's are totally incompetent that means he had to have at least 20/200 in both eyes. Bisping himself said he just barely passed it for some fights. That meant the eyesight in his bad eye was just that, bad but hardly blind.

He got that ocular lens insert for cosmetic purposes. A lot of idiots on here think he was actually fighting with that. hahah

Last edited:
Yes.

Bisping proved to be a tough as fuck veteran and frankly, I'm happy his career ended with him getting the belt. He earned it.

It's pretty amazing he fought like that. I was never a fan but give him major props. Oddly enough I like him as a commentator.
<Fedor23>
Pretty much this.
Dude was obviously favored by the UFC and highly overrated, but is good on the mic and can't fault his effort.

He'd never have been able to do it as a boxer as he wouldn't be allowed to fight.
It's impressive that he could do it but you have to wonder why he was even allowed in the cage.

Maybe someone else has answered this already, but basically if he squinted and looked at just the right angle, he'd always be on the edge of that 20/200 vision that regulations required.

Fixed that for you.
Robert Whittaker is a better champion than Michael Bisping. You don’t need to talk shit on Whittaker for being injured when we talk about how bad Bisping was.

HelplessPastelBushbaby-size_restricted.gif
Stop living in the past. It's time to grow up ;)

Robert Whittaker is a better champion than Michael Bisping. You don’t need to talk shit on Whittaker for being injured when we talk about how bad Bisping was.
I never argued that. It doesn't change the fact that his injury is just as much a reason the division is fucked as bisping cherrypicking opponents.

Bisping is gone and the division is still on hold. Who is to blame? No one other than one man and it isn't Bisping.

Yeah. And i don't blame him for not wanting to fight PED cheats.

I don't believe he was fighting with one eye. There's fights where his other eye has been swollen shut, so to have a fighter in there who is literally blind is hard to swallow.

And no, I don't respect him any more. I think he's a scumbag, and I won't forgive what he did to Yoel. That whole stint of accusing Yoel of abusing steroids on live tv, when Mike was part of the broadcast team... that's extremely unprofessional, not just for Mike, but UFC, FOX, and everyone else he worked with. And then he never actually fought Yoel after a full year of build up.

Worst champion UFC has ever had.

I turn the volume down when he commentates.

I never argued that. It doesn't change the fact that his injury is just as much a reason the division is fucked as bisping cherrypicking opponents.

Bisping is gone and the division is still on hold. Who is to blame? No one other than one man and it isn't Bisping.
I talked shit on how bad Bisping was as a champion and you countered by how bad Whittaker is. This is a thread about Bisping. You brought up Whittaker (GSP ducked) who fought Romero (Bisping ducked) twice and is about to fight the interim champ which GSP should have done. Bad argument by you to bring up Whittaker in context to Bisping.

I respect him more than nearly every other fighter in MMA history. He's one of the toughest human beings the sport has ever seen. The mental determination and perseverance he showed after being brutally knocked out and having been literally disabled by cheaters is unparalleled. To go on and win a world title on short notice over someone who had previously beaten him was one of the craziest things we'll ever get to see.

From living in his car to becoming world champion, without being any sort of world class athlete or having any real natural talent, is just incredible. The guy was a striker with no power or speed who spent the last several years of his career fighting with one eye and managed to be tied for most wins in UFC history at one point. I know he had terrible knee issues all throughout his career as well. That type of shit just doesn't happen and he's probably going to be one of the last to ever do something like that, coming from the background that he did.

If he was seriously blind in 1 eye what is the point of having an AC? Did his eye Doctor forgot to mention in his medical records that he is half blind?

I talked shit on how bad Bisping was as a champion and you countered by how bad Whittaker is. This is a thread about Bisping. You brought up Whittaker (GSP ducked) who fought Romero (Bisping ducked) twice and is about to fight the interim champ which GSP should have done. Bad argument by you to bring up Whittaker in context to Bisping.
For fucking up the division which he did lol

I don't believe he was fighting with one eye. There's fights where his other eye has been swollen shut, so to have a fighter in there who is literally blind is hard to swallow.

And no, I don't respect him any more. I think he's a scumbag, and I won't forgive what he did to Yoel. That whole stint of accusing Yoel of abusing steroids on live tv, when Mike was part of the broadcast team... that's extremely unprofessional, not just for Mike, but UFC, FOX, and everyone else he worked with. And then he never actually fought Yoel after a full year of build up.

Worst champion UFC has ever had.

I turn the volume down when he commentates.

<45>

Yoel is literally one of the worst cheaters in the history of the sport, that's a fact. The UFC made the Hendo rematch, not Bisping. Garbage post.

Back