BJJ grappling Khabib vs Gordon Ryan

Damn, man. I think Khabib, in fact, got smashed by a russian black belt way worse than Gordan. I can't search now(i am at work, yikes), but i think the name of the video is "Khabib vs Jiu Jitsu Black Belt". Could someone,PLEASE, find the video for me?

Ask any Khabib fan and they'll confidently say "Gordon wouldn't be able to submit Khabib, because Khabib's coach has claimed that Khabib's never been submitted in the gym!"

Gordon is much bigger and does nothing but grapple all day everyday.

Damn, man. I think Khabib, in fact, got smashed by a russian black belt way worse than Gordan. I can't search now(i am at work, yikes), but i think the name of the video is "Khabib vs Jiu Jitsu Black Belt". Could someone,PLEASE, find the video for me?
You definitely didnt see that video because he didn't get smashed. It was a close match from he was maybe 18 or 19. He lost points early on, finished on top with a tight kimura iirc and just didn't have the time. Don't know the point system they used but it seemed like a fairly marginal difference

Since then he actually started adding bjj to his game and become a fucking monster. Props to Leandro and the aka crew for that

You definitely didnt see that video because he didn't get smashed. It was a close match from he was maybe 18 or 19. He lost points early on, finished on top with a tight kimura iirc and just didn't have the time. Don't know the point system they used but it seemed like a fairly marginal difference

Since then he actually started adding bjj to his game and become a fucking monster. Props to Leandro and the aka crew for that
Ok, that was a fair point. But imagine Gordon with him. You can't even compare, mate.

Leandro doesn't get enough credit for bringing khabib and islam's game to the next level. They make jokes about BJJ, but once they started training it more seriously at AKA, they both became much better fighters. That's my perception at least.

You're a straight sawed off human if you think it would be competitive

Even if they were the same size and strength, Gordon would smoke him. Gordon's on another level.

Leandro doesn't get enough credit for bringing khabib and islam's game to the next level. They make jokes about BJJ, but once they started training it more seriously at AKA, they both became much better fighters. That's my perception at least.

Agreed. I witnessed the evolution too.

Ok, that was a fair point. But imagine Gordon with him. You can't even compare, mate.
Yeah I'm sure 19 year old 155er Khabib who had never done trained bjj would've had a lot of trouble with HW multiple time world champion, present day, Gordon Ryan

Don't think that's much if a debate

That's pretty much straight outta Khabib's mouth. He has lots of love for Leo. Man us the reason he switched from gnp heavy to sub heavy in his last fights

Ask any Khabib fan and they'll confidently say "Gordon wouldn't be able to submit Khabib, because Khabib's coach has claimed that Khabib's never been submitted in the gym!"
Well I'm the biggest Khabib fanboy on these boards and I say Gordon ends it inside 2-3 minutes. Hope you can sleep better now.

upload_2022-12-16_19-52-40.png
Khabib wins quickly with minor difficulty , he has outwrestled D1 wrestlers and submitted BJJ black belts in seconds. Khabib likely gets him down with a body lock trip from a double leg feint. From there Ryan will try his gimicky leglocks but Khabib is not mentally weak like others in BJJ. He then uses practical postion entangles Ryan’s legs and quickly passes to mount. Ryan tried to sweep underestimating kahbib who catches him in a tight triangle and he goes out .

Americans lack the drive, discipline and toughness of mountain raised warriors like khabib and islam.

khabib has dominated a Rockhold(who outgrappls and bulls with ease) bear sized DC
and actual bears, all three molest buttscootcher Gordon. Alhamdillah

Last edited:
View attachment 958436
Khabib wins quickly with minor difficulty , he has outwrestled D1 wrestlers and submitted BJJ black belts in seconds. Khabib likely gets him down with a body lock trip from a double leg feint. From there Ryan will try his gimicky leglocks but Khabib is not mentally weak like others in BJJ. He then uses practical postion entangles Ryan’s legs and quickly passes to mount. Ryan tried to sweep underestimating kahbib who catches him in a tight triangle and he goes out .

Americans lack the drive, discipline and toughness of mountain raised warriors like khabib and islam.

khabib has dominated a Rockhold(who outgrappls and bulls with ease) bear sized DC
and actual bears, all three molest buttscootcher Gordon.
The skill gap in grappling between Ryan and RockHold is huge

Back