Movies BLACK WIDOW (Debuts with $80 Million at the U.S. Box Office)

If you have seen BLACK WIDOW, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
This writer lady's name is offensive to me. Just Jac without a K? Where's the fucking K? What utter nonsense.

I like the idea of parents naming their baby girl's Jack. It's a great name, everyone should name their kid Jack, boy or girl, and eventually everyone in the whole world would be named Jack. But Jac without a K? I don't want to live in a world where people take the K off the end of their Jacks.

I always felt that Black Widow and Hawkeye are better support characters than standalone films.
Other than being played by one of the hottest women in the planet Black Widow has zero appeal to me as a character.
This.

She's incredibly boring and we're too far into the MCU for me to care about her own story now

Besides the whitewashing fuss(which ironically ended up being addressed by the film) the main problem I think with Ghost is that they sold it on the franchise name rather than on the actual plot and Johansson herself as they did with Lucy. The Blade Runner sequel had a similar problem IMHO, the trailers basically just told you this was a film based on something but that something wasn't popular to the degree of Starwar/Trek or a Marvel comic.

I suspect Ghost in the Shell might end up a bit like Tron Legacy, the whitewashing scapegoating will probably have some turning their noses up at I spose but I see it building some popularity with time as people pickup on its merits, I mean its not 2001 or anything but it is IMHO a well made sci fi action blockbuster that actually takes itself seriously with a generally strong cast and some excellent visuals(some lifted from the anime, some new). Certainly I thought it was a much better film than The Last Jedi.

Last edited:
1. This better be a one-off.
2. They should replace ScarJo, but whatever.
3. They should just repackage Point of No Return/ La Femme Nikita injected with some marvel elements.

There are some cool Russian characters: Soviet Super Soldiers (Vanguard, Ursa Major, Darkstar, Crimson Dynamo), Omega Red*, Mikhail Rasputin (Colossus' bro), & Kraven the Hunter*, Titanium Man, and Red Ghost.

They could leverage the failed Russian Super Soldier program hinted at in Civil War.
They could work in Iron Man with a Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man.
They could work in the Hulk with an Emil Blonsky (Abomination).
There is an obvious Winter Soldier tie-in possibility.

I do like @Ikuza's Spy vs. Spy suggestion.

*unlikely

Jennifer Lawrence is in an upcoming film called Red Sparrow which let's face it, is pretty much the origins of Black Widow.

Aside from that, BW isn't solo film material if you ask me, at least not anymore considering where the MCU is currently at.

Might want to tell her that.

What a moment this would be in 2018.

Fair point. But at the risk of being ungentlemanly, she was a lot younger then. Now, the blond look, especially with short hair, doesn't suit her.

He's not interesting though

Avengers could do without him and no fucks given

Agreed, but the same thing applies to Widow. Don't get me wrong, I like the character, but she's a Red Shirt waiting to happen. She's near the top of my list of Avengers and friends I'd want to see Thanos slaughter in the first part of IW, along with Hawkeye, Falcon and Skin Head Black Chick.

Jennifer Lawrence is in an upcoming film called Red Sparrow which let's face it, is pretty much the origins of Black Widow.

Aside from that, BW isn't solo film material if you ask me, at least not anymore considering where the MCU is currently at.

Yeah, I already pointed this out. RS even has JLaw performing Ballet. I can't help feeling that, for once, Marvel missed the boat.

I feel like it's the other way. I feel like it's the wimpy dudes that see 115 pound Scarlet on the silver screen doing theater combat and worrying that people who see it will think that she's more reliable than they are. They're probably onto something, because the average soyboy can probably do fewer pull-ups than she can.

It's like Christians worrying that D&D is satanic. Christianity is such bullshit that Christians perceive RPGs as being close to what they do. Same thing here.

Soyboys are so weak that they see Scarlet doing pushups and get worried because they can't keep up, and they're afraid of someone making the comparison.

Anytime I see someone complaining that women kicking ass on TV isn't realistic, I know I'm dealing with someone easily threatened.

I've no problem with BW beating up Mooks, like she did in IM2, Civil War etc. She's supposed to be one of the deadliest assassins in the world, in peak human condition. But they'd better not show her standing and banging with heavyweights like the Black Order.

Civil War got it right; Widow tore through Crossbone's thugs, but got rape-choked by Winter Soldier.

I just don't see it as making money.

Might as well make it Black Widow and Hawkeye, toss in Maria Hill and Winter Soldier, and call it a movie.

Scrap Winter Soldier and count me in. Basically a SHIELD mission movie focusing on Black Widow. Still don't think it makes serious money.

I've no problem with BW beating up Mooks, like she did in IM2, Civil War etc. She's supposed to be one of the deadliest assassins in the world, in peak human condition. But they'd better not show her standing and banging with heavyweights like the Black Order.

Civil War got it right; Widow tore through Crossbone's thugs, but got rape-choked by Winter Soldier.

We'll always have problems in these types of movies, with MMAth and whatnot. Cap can't beat WS, Spidey beats WS and Falcon, Cap beats Spidey. What gives?

The thing that bothers me most was how afraid the BW was of WS. One of the deadliest assassins, afraid af. Just couldn't get it.

I just don't see it as making money.

Scrap Winter Soldier and count me in. Basically a SHIELD mission movie focusing on Black Widow. Still don't think it makes serious money.

We'll always have problems in these types of movies, with MMAth and whatnot. Cap can't beat WS, Spidey beats WS and Falcon, Cap beats Spidey. What gives?

The thing that bothers me most was how afraid the BW was of WS. One of the deadliest assassins, afraid af. Just couldn't get it.

To be fair, WS had already besmirched Widow on an earlier mission, when he put a round through her belly to kill the guy she was supposed to be guarding. Winter Soldier with Hydra's Look in his eye had been a Bogey Man for spooks throughout the Cold War. Plus, Widow knew that Winter Soldier was physically on a par with Cap. She was out of her league, and she knew it.

So excited for a female lead super hero action movie. She should be the lead in the predator remake too, makes more sense

To be fair, WS had already besmirched Widow on an earlier mission, when he put a round through her belly to kill the guy she was supposed to be guarding. Winter Soldier with Hydra's Look in his eye had been a Bogey Man for spooks throughout the Cold War. Plus, Widow knew that Winter Soldier was physically on a par with Cap. She was out of her league, and she knew it.

Touche, WS with a Hydra look is an equivalent to a TRT Belfort or a prime CroCop/Silva. Not fair to judge him being completely outclassed by Spidey.

I feel like this may be a vehicle to introduce us to more characters
^This. NOw that you say it.

Obviously Hulk could play a major role but they could also introduce the Xmen or others from their re-aquired universe.

1. This better be a one-off.
2. They should replace ScarJo, but whatever.
3. They should just repackage Point of No Return/ La Femme Nikita injected with some marvel elements.

There are some cool Russian characters: Soviet Super Soldiers (Vanguard, Ursa Major, Darkstar, Crimson Dynamo), Omega Red*, Mikhail Rasputin (Colossus' bro), & Kraven the Hunter*, Titanium Man, and Red Ghost.

They could leverage the failed Russian Super Soldier program hinted at in Civil War.
They could work in Iron Man with a Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man.
They could work in the Hulk with an Emil Blonsky (Abomination).
There is an obvious Winter Soldier tie-in possibility.

I do like @Ikuza's Spy vs. Spy suggestion.

*unlikely

Why would or should they replace her?

There's all sorts of things she can be currently doing in the midst of all the other films. Black Widow is a great character with a ton of history too and they can finagle in some origin story. Maybe it comes out that she's a wee bit older than she appears.

This has potential with them showing the 'red room' where she grew up and having a good mystery/action/spy type plot.

So soyboy is the new cuck lol

Back