Movies BLACK WIDOW (Debuts with $80 Million at the U.S. Box Office)

If you have seen BLACK WIDOW, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Why would or should they replace her?

There's all sorts of things she can be currently doing in the midst of all the other films. Black Widow is a great character with a ton of history too and they can finagle in some origin story. Maybe it comes out that she's a wee bit older than she appears.

I would prefer flashbacks spread out during the movie than an actual origin story. Keep the story small and simple (similar to winter soldier) and this could be well done.

I would prefer flashbacks spread out during the movie than an actual origin story. Keep the story small and simple (similar to winter soldier) and this could be well done.

That's what I was hoping I said.

Bit late.
58_2.png

Like, we can't do an origin story -- that's being covered over in RED SPARROW.

And what story would still be entertaining, while small enough so that we're not scratching our heads wondering, "How come she just doesn't call a man?"

Seems pretty late in the game to do a BW movie.
The character first appeared way back in Iron Man 2, since then theres the Cap movies, and 3 Avenger movies. And now we get a solo movie?
I don't really see how you create much excitement for a solo project at this time.
On top of that, it feels like Ive already seen Scarlet play versions of this character with Lucy and Ghost, so they would have to really do something to make this movoe stand out and not be just another female led action flick.

If the studios only do a limited number of Marvel movies a year id prefer they focused on bigger characters. We've seen plenty of BW in the Avengers movies.

Speaking about Widow, why the fuck is she progressively getting uglier and uglier looking with each movie she stars in?

Good I'm all for seeing more Scarlett in tight black outfits

Yeah that's more the kind of thing I'd expect, maybe some kind of smaller scale spy story based on flashbacks to her background/past misdeeds.

I'm guessing that Marvel is going to have to go a bit "back to basics" after the Infinity War films are done with some smaller scale releases(like Bond going back to basics after Moonraker with For Your Eyes Only) and this seems like it could potentially fit that. Indeed I wouldn't actually be supprised if they went the reverse route and rather than an origin film the character ends up being killed off in such a film.

Speaking about Widow, why the fuck is she progressively getting uglier and uglier looking with each movie she stars in?
Ugly is not a word that fits ScarJo and I am not typically a fan of hers.

I actually thought she looked her best in Civil War and in particular there is a scene right after the airport battle where she is confronts Stark while he looking out a window where we see her legs and ass in one of the best framed shots ever and she looks steller for a gal who is typically known mostly for her bust. I developed a whole new respect for her. I was wondering if they used a body double as she looks that good.

Ugly is not a word that fits ScarJo and I am not typically a fan of hers.

I actually thought she looked her best in Civil War and in particular there is a scene right after the airport battle where she is confronts Stark while he looking out a window where we see her legs and ass in one of the best framed shots ever and she looks steller for a gal who is typically known mostly for her bust. I developed a whole new respect for her. I was wondering if they used a body double as she looks that good.

Wasn't that particular shot you are referring to CGIed?

I thought she was pregnant during the filming of CW and so they CGIed her a couple of times as the baby was further along.

Sort of like what they did with Gal Godot in WW.

I thought she was pregnant during the filming of CW and so they CGIed her a couple of times as the baby was further along.

I have no idea and while it would never surprise me in this case since it was just a back butt and legs shot if not authentic her than likely a body double over CGI.

It was such a great scene though. I never really considered ScarJo to have steller legs and butt and hips until that scene.

Update: April 23, 2018

BLACK WIDOW Movie Will Reportedly Be a Prequel with Winter Soldier Possibly Appearing

ZIHwdoe.jpg

If you were hoping that the solo Black Widow movie would reveal what went down between Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton in Budapest, you might be in for some dissapointment.

That Hashtag Show has come across some new details on Marvel's plans for the lethal Avenger's solo outing, and it looks like the studio intends to wind the clock back to before Scarlett Johansson's character made her MCU debut in Iron Man 2.

"The film will find Natasha living in the United States 15 years after the fall of the Soviet Union! That timeline places the film firmly in the mid-2000s, meaning we'll meet up with Nat prior to the events of Iron Man 2. That time frame opens up plenty of options, and while many fans seem to want a Black Widow/Hawkeye team up in Budapest, we've been told that early discussions about the film involved Sebastian Stan's Winter Soldier."

Bucky and Widow have plenty of history together in the comics which could be well worth exploring, and we know that the pair did cross each others' paths in the MCU back when the Winter Soldier was in full-on Hydra assassin mode.

Black Widow will be written by Jac Schaeffer, and though no director is attached, That Hashtag Show has also discovered that Thor: Ragnarok's Brad Winderbaum is on board as executive producer.

Black Widow Movie Will Reportedly Be A Prequel; May Feature An Appearance From The Winter Soldier

She was pregnant for AoU, not CW.

Black Widow movie? Cool.

Prequel? Booh.

They're going to have to play up the mystery/intrigue and also have it introduce elements that they'll play on in the post Infinity War movies for a prequel to really work.

Back