News Blaydes out, Black Beast in against Malhadinho

Who wins?

• Total voters
Why in brazil didnt they learn there lesson last time over there?

The matchup that will answer nothing. Oh well...

We forgetting what Spivak did to Lewis not that long ago.... Almeida is levels above

Forget DC. Spivak couldn't take down Cyril Gane but he made quick work of Lewis. This will be as easy as Rozentruik was for Almeida
To be honest, Gane is a lot trickier to get your hands on as he moves around a lot. Very agile guy.

BB just stands there :D

Appreciate Lewis stepping up. But definitely a downgrade in intrigue over how much almeida would be tested

Im going Almeida by sub but hope Lewis finds another big ko.

Honestly Derrick's got a better shot than people are giving him credit for. He's much larger than Jailton and notoriously hard to hold down. Plus when you combine his power with his ability to time a takedown attempt he can land a solid blow. Just look at his fight with Blaydes. I'd like to see Jailton win but wouldn't be surprised in the least if Derrick derails him.
That KO was the result of Blaydes shooting a takedown with no setup (in a fight he was easily winning at range), not some great display of timing by Lewis

This sucks ass. One of the most interesting fights of the year

I don't want Lewis or Alameida to lose

Ugh...wish they wouldn't use fan favorites to build up new challengers. That being said, wouldn't be surprised if Lewis lands something while Jail Town shoots on him. MMA is so fucking unpredictable. Love it!

This is a pretty good replacement all things considered

Ok, you both are right, Blaydes deserves respect. But we could say it's suspicious, at least.

And about Lewis ok, he is popular, but Malhadinho needs to be tested. Another so-so striker with -1 takedown defense!? Put some top guy there, Malhadinho deserves it. Same thing with Borralho, they are giving dogshit or tough new guys to fight him instead of a top 10... And we accept like this is ok? With all respect, this is not ok. Much less a Brazilian card with Lewis in the main event after all this delay... We deserve way better.

It's really not all that suspicious. Blaydes does not have a history of pulling out of fights, seemed confident in the match-up, and was doing a lot of grappling to prepare for it. Camps filled with wrestling and rolling are hardest on the body, especially for the big boys.

I agree that Lewis is not a very compelling match-up for Almeida as I said, but there's not much to be done a couple weeks out. As much as I'd love to see Gane, Aspinall, Pavlovich, or even Volkov fill in, those guys are all coming off wins and probably aren't eager to fight down against a dangerous guy in enemy territory on short notice. Pavlovich is supposed to be the backup for Miocic/Jones. He's a shoo-in for the title shot regardless of the results of who wins or if Jon and Stipe retire. Good chance Gane or Aspinall might be the other half of that vacant title bout in that situation.

It's not ideal, it's not what I'd like to see and I feel for the people who paid for tickets, but I understand why it's happening.

What a bummer, this was one of my most anticipated fights this year. Two of the best grapplers at HW going at it.

If Almeida wins he should not get penalized for it, I think he’s ready for a title eliminator with a win.

I kind of like not having the 2 grapplers try to take eachother out actually.

Well that sucks, was looking forward to this. I'd be surprised if this fight looks any different than a replay of the rozen.

Dangerous fight for Jailton considering his chin is still untested in the UFC. Chances are that Jailton just take him down and submit him or get a TKO finish, but I wouldn't feel so safe to put Jailton as the clear favorite here.

Good news for Jailton, this will be another 1st round finish for him.

Almeida vs Gane in February

Lewis about to derail the train and send it back to 205, before Lewis himself gets derailed again.

Back