Blink 182 vs Green Day

Wow! This shocks me because 1) It's not even close 2) Didn't know so many dislike Green Day. I guess their commercialized sound or political leanings?

The actual music ain't even close. Blink has about 5 or 6 good songs. Green Day has at least 25 (tuned out to music after 2005 or so). I have both of their greatest hits albums and I always end up skipping over half of Blinks, but can listen to Green Day's without skipping one.

A better comparison would be GD vs. Offspring and Blink vs... Sum 41? Offspring is way superior to Blink, IMO. Macy's Day Parade is one of rock's most criminally underrated songs. This is like asking who was the better boxer, Sugar Ray Robinson or Jake Lamotta. GSP or Masvidal?

Last edited:
I fell off Blink 182 after Tom left.
I'd previously meet the band at a MTL skatepark along with Unwritten Law and Mark just came off as a total asshat.

I've seen both bands live and would say Green Day puts out better live shows.

I still enjoy Chestershire Cat & Dude Ranch tho

I've never liked Green Day.

My favorite Blink 182 song

Tom needs to come back though

The actual music ain't even close. Blink has about 5 or 6 good songs. Green Day has at least 25 (tuned out to music after 2005 or so). I have both of their greatest hits albums and I always end up skipping over half of Blinks, but can listen to Green Day's without skipping one.

Blink might only have 5 or 6 good songs, but I'd say Green Day has 0.

Sum 41 had some decent songs on those albums Does This Look Infected and Chuck. The brown guy was a better guitarist than Tom and Billie Joe combined.

I fell off Blink 182 after Tom left.
I'd previously meet the band at a MTL skatepark along with Unwritten Law and Mark just came off as a total asshat.

I've seen both bands live and would say Green Day puts out better live shows.

I still enjoy Chestershire Cat & Dude Ranch tho
Damn man, unwritten law is really under rated for the "genre" named my youngest after one of their songs

Green Day has longevity on their side, but is kinda mid tbh outside of American Idiot and really just blends in with the rest of the late 90s whereas Blink was a legit cultural reset, even if they never expanded much after that.

Why does everyone hate Greenday? Seriously, I'm intrigued.

"Dookie" was great but otherwise don't listen to Green Day.

Blink 182 is terrible I don't understand how anyone can listen to their music and enjoy it.

Green Day uses more chords, Blink 182 use more single note riffs

Green Day destroys Blink live its not even close

Also, folks saying Take Off Your Pants, lets be serious Enema is 10x the album TOYPAJ is
Enema is their best for sure, I think you're talking about me I said they were good up til TOYPAJ. After that they sucked.

Back