Blink 182 vs Green Day

Incubus, Make Yourself

Fair enough. Not a fan and I'm not saying it's bad either, but why do you think it's not boring? It's just versus, chorus, verse stuff. The heavier stuff sounds the same. The slower stuff sounds the same.

Fair enough. Not a fan and I'm not saying it's bad either, but why do you think it's not boring? It's just versus, chorus, verse stuff. The heavier stuff sounds the same. The slower stuff sounds the same.
I'm not mad about you liking Green day either, well not that much

Was a huge fan of both back in high school. Self-titled and American Idiot are career highs for both bands.

Funny this thread pops up, because I started re-listening to Blink's material and finally gave Tom's first side-project, Box Car Racer, a proper listen. That album is fire.

Anyways, I'd say Green Day is the superior band.

Why does everyone hate Greenday? Seriously, I'm intrigued.
Boring, bland. I have heard many Green Day songs and none of the riffs are unique in any way. The only riffs that stand out are American Idiot and maybe Holiday, neither are impressive and they are both very repetitive.

Billie Joe's voice annoys me too.

I´m 44 and still chuckle at Blink-182 lyrics. Other than that either is meh for me.

Green Day up until Warning by a mile. I like Blink too

I saw Green Day live when American Idiot came out. The fan base had completely turned over to people who got into then from Holiday and Blvd of Broken Dreams. We got our weed taken by security at the entrance(They actually searched rigorously when they barely searched at all the month before for System of a Down) but nobody in there was smoking anyway. Probably the most square concert I’ve ever been to and the crowd was unreceptive to anything that wasn’t from American Idiot. My buddy tried to start a pit of sorts when Brain Stew broke into Jaded and it was a sad sight the reaction he got from the kids around us.

Saw Blink last year. They were good but the guy who replaced Tom doesn’t sound like him

Blink.
I'd have said Green day until "wake me up when september ends" after that greenday became wet turtle shit in the ears.

Back