Blizzard/Activision, how far will they fall?

Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 delayed until 2023.

The fall continues.

Whats confusing is that OWL next year will be playing on a Overwatch 2 build when the game wont be releasing for 12+ months. Making people who play Overwatch 1 competitive mode all of next year a complete waste of time.

Mass exodus of players from Overwatch to Valorant i foresee coming.

Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 delayed until 2023.

The fall continues.
Hopefully it’s to redesign some of the choices in Diablo 4. I had high hopes for it until recent gameplay footage showed the characters using over the top cartoonish abilities like in 3. They need to reestablish the dark and gritty look and feel of 2. In the cinematic sit seems like they have and even some of the art design, but are stumbling hard with the character abilities

The new Diablo looks like garbage, but I’m bias, I hate cartoon graphics. The same reason I couldn’t get into Diablo 3 and world of Warcraft are the same reasons I love D2, EQ 1 and Starcraft

Wish they stuck to their roots, but the road they’re on I’d bet is more lucrative. Given the popular games lately fit that demographic.

Mass exodus of players from Overwatch to Valorant i foresee coming.

I doubt it. Valorant isn't that bad but its not like OW. People are more likely to go play Paladins which is actually very similar to OW.

I still play Hearthstone to complete my daily quests but that's about it from Blizzard.

This dude's a scumbag, hopefully they can remain a company though. They have awesome IPs, they just need better direction

Microsoft(XBOX) evaluating their relationship with Activision/Blizzard:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-he-s-evaluating-relationship-with-activision

Sony asking for concrete assurances that Activision/Blizzard are addressing their internal problems:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/sonys-...t-pressure-on-activision-blizzard-11637194762

In the UK, Call of Duty did it worst sales in 14 years. Down 40% over last years COD:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...ales-are-down-40-from-last-year/1100-6498036/

Stock is down 45% in two months. They just gutted Heroes of the Storm development team moving them to other IP's along with ending all esport support for it. In their quarterly investor call meeting Destiny2 was placed equally to HoTS as under-performing. WoW is still bleeding subscribers to the point of the WoW store earns them more money. With Overwatch and Hearthstone being reported as only profitable because of their micro-transactions. Ending finally with the elephant in the room of backlash from the Diablo Immortal announcement.

Whats the next shoe to drop?

I'd say they will fall so hard, that one day, Microsoft will be forced to evaluate their relationship with them, Sony will be asking for assurances that they are ethical, and a COD game will flop hard in the UK.

Looks like Kotick will be out by the end of next year: https://www.wsj.com/articles/activi...g-if-he-cant-quickly-fix-problems-11637533064

Find it funny how multiple state and federal lawsuits didnt hurt his job security. It was one WSJ article.

He’s a major shareholder. He and his lifelong business partner (who is also Chairman of the Board) own 24% of Activision’s shares. While a CEO is always accountable to the board of directors, the directors are accountable to the shareholders, for which he may personally be the largest individual one.

Long story short he’s got a significant ownership stake. He’s more than just some hired gun CEO. It’s basically his company.

I honestly can’t believe that COD games still sell

UK sales report last week put it as the lowest selling COD game of the past 14 years.
Everyone's too busy playing Halo Infinite.

High TTK genre master race.

Everyone's too busy playing Halo Infinite.

High TTK genre master race.
I just tried the halo multi-player. My first time ever playing anything halo. Holy shit did I get used for target practice.

Thread can be locked now for this has been answered.

Back