Blizzard/Activision, how far will they fall?

So I’m playing on PS5 and I have to say not everything translates well to playing on controller. I’m finding it very difficult to effectively use corpse explosion which is one of the necromancer’s bread and butter skills, but without a cursor on the screen to help target the specific corpse I want to blow up I’m instead wasting a lot of mana on blowing up corpses that won’t help me in the fight I’m in.
The one advantage controller has is mapping various abilities at once. I don't know why they didn't modify the KBM aspect to include something similar because that would have been perfect.

I plugged in a controller and I will say that as the druid it felt good

The one advantage controller has is mapping various abilities at once. I don't know why they didn't modify the KBM aspect to include something similar because that would have been perfect.

I plugged in a controller and I will say that as the druid it felt good

Yeah, that aspect of it is great, being able to transition between up to 12 different skills on the fly is awesome.

Yeah, that aspect of it is great, being able to transition between up to 12 different skills on the fly is awesome.

This is done in ones mouse/keyboard drivers. Unless you two are talking about the 'weapon wheel'. As a keyboard/mouse player its quicker to have the task assigned to its own keystroke instead of using a weapon wheel. With the use of a modifier a keyboard/mouse player can easily assign 60+ abilities.

This is done in ones mouse/keyboard drivers. Unless you two are talking about the 'weapon wheel'. As a keyboard/mouse player its quicker to have the task assigned to its own keystroke instead of using a weapon wheel. With the use of a modifier a keyboard/mouse player can easily assign 60+ abilities.

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying, but what we mean is that in D2 if you’re playing with kB + m while you can hotkey skills all the hotkey does is change what your right and left mouse buttons will do. Whereas with a controller it actually allows you to bind 6 different skills to 6 different buttons.

In the screenshot below this is how the HUD looks for a kb+m set up where the two larger icons in the middle show what’s bound to the left and right mouse buttons.

aunnm8uLyEzVWtiWEQq7wF-1200-80.png

Whereas in this shot the person is using a controller as the six red icons on the bottom left are the actual 6 different skills bound to different buttons.

20077.jpg

Whereas with a controller it actually allows you to bind 6 different skills to 6 different buttons.

After some reading i see what theyre doing now. Its a rudimentary weapon wheel function on Pc. Likely left in for balancing and nostalgia for keyboard/mouse players. Something not echoed on console since controllers dont have broad keystroke mapping available.

Does anyone know the rollover limitations on modern controllers?

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying, but what we mean is that in D2 if you’re playing with kB + m while you can hotkey skills all the hotkey does is change what your right and left mouse buttons will do. Whereas with a controller it actually allows you to bind 6 different skills to 6 different buttons.

In the screenshot below this is how the HUD looks for a kb+m set up where the two larger icons in the middle show what’s bound to the left and right mouse buttons.

Whereas in this shot the person is using a controller as the six red icons on the bottom left are the actual 6 different skills bound to different buttons.

20077.jpg
Repair your gear, you're pissing me off

Lol, those are just pics I took off Google. I’m playing a necro on PS5.
Dude I have to confess-- I love getting back into this. My Werewolf is almost up to where my Necro is and I think I actually like it more.

I have a friend who never played it, only played Diablo III-- she's young. She's really good at Overwatch but I convinced her to get DII. She's like "This is the best Blizzard game I've ever played, why don't they make stuff like this?"

WHY INDEED

Dude I have to confess-- I love getting back into this. My Werewolf is almost up to where my Necro is and I think I actually like it more.

I have a friend who never played it, only played Diablo III-- she's young. She's really good at Overwatch but I convinced her to get DII. She's like "This is the best Blizzard game I've ever played, why don't they make stuff like this?"

WHY INDEED

Man D2 was like the second game I ever played online on PC me and my cousin loved it. Almost want to get this again.

20077.jpg
Yeah that’s what I mean. You can assign skills to the function keys for your right click skill on pc. Left click is only changed manually. So yeah you can swap skills in a fight and I reckon some pros out there do, I think most people largely stick with 2 skills.

Last edited:
So unfortunately I'm going to have to bail on D2 in the next two days, because as much as I love it... something I love more is coming up.

People over on Gaf have actually played it and they're saying it's essentially tied with Super Metroid as the best 2D Metroid game ever. Some of these people initially hated the previews so it's a change of heart kind of thing. Metroid is my jam

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't for PVP. If it was for PVE, what's the big deal?
Just more faux outrage from WoW "fans" who seem to hate everything about the game, but cannot stop whinging about it.

Just to make sure I understand this, he's selling a spot in a raid group?

In WoW all PvE and PvP content has boosting services. Introduction of the WoW token(where you officially buy gold from Blizzard) created an entire upfront economy involving it. High tier raid groups need to sell such services for Blizzard is still using traditional gold generation systems from a decade ago. While costs associated to perform at such a level has multiplied numerous times over the past decade.

Its micro-transaction systems like this that allow Blizzard to outperform their quarterly income with a fraction of their peak subscribers.

Back