• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blizzard/Activision, how far will they fall?

It's hard to believe some of this.

This thread is like a negative karma magnet for Blizzard. It just keeps drawing more and more pain.
I keep seeing it pop up. And then I look it up and sure enough someone's on trial

is it wrong that all i care about is Diablo 4 coming out...No, yeah i thought so.
I have no expectations for Diablo 4, so it's easier to be all-in on the Blizzard condemnation wagon.

I intended to pirate Diablo 2 Resurrected and play it with my kids over LAN, but they aren't including LAN multiplayer so... I may not even play Resurrected

I have no expectations for Diablo 4, so it's easier to be all-in on the Blizzard condemnation wagon.

I intended to pirate Diablo 2 Resurrected and play it with my kids over LAN, but they aren't including LAN multiplayer so... I may not even play Resurrected
I'm trying to get a refund, I pre-purchased before I heard about all the stuff they were yanking.

It's ridiculous. This company has been terrible for well over a decade

I guess, I was right to skip first few days of D2R. Classic blizz launch, dc, rollbacks, lagg, server restarts...

I'm trying to get a refund, I pre-purchased before I heard about all the stuff they were yanking.

It's ridiculous. This company has been terrible for well over a decade
I'm with you on that. I still believe that TBC is the best thing Blizzard ever released. WotLK was great, but was moving in the theme park direction. D2: LOD and TBC are Blizzard's best work. Both franchises have steadily deteriorated in quality since.

I've never played Overwatch. Admittedly, it looked good. From what I understand people are pissed about a lot of the changes coming to OW2, though.

I agree with everything you've said except that I'd throw WarCraft III in there with D2LOD and TBC.

WarCraft III was magic. I couldn't believe how good it was. When I started making maps, and I was able to control terrain height, that was when I realized how glorious it was. Also it was the last amazing Blizzard story.

I do this thing where I imagine if you could show the company from the past what would one day become of it. Would they believe it? Would anyone?

What’s prompted you to change your mind about buying?
LAN options gone, the terrible implementation of what I assume is an updated Battle.net infrastructure to save money, leading people to get six levels in, d/c, and then have lost all progress.
Also the sentiment of a supported game throughout the next few years is probably gone with all the absolute circus Blizzard is going through right now. If it's just going to be on autopilot that's not a big deal but I don't want to pay the tag for it. The game is essentially not what was advertised.

LAN options gone, the terrible implementation of what I assume is an updated Battle.net infrastructure to save money, leading people to get six levels in, d/c, and then have lost all progress.
Also the sentiment of a supported game throughout the next few years is probably gone with all the absolute circus Blizzard is going through right now. If it's just going to be on autopilot that's not a big deal but I don't want to pay the tag for it. The game is essentially not what was advertised.

Fair I guess. Diablo 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, and I had fun with the beta a month ago, so I preordered this. I just tried to jump online with a buddy half an hour ago, and he had been playing for about an hour but I couldn’t connect, as right before I jumped on he said there was a notification of a server downtime for whatever reason. Hopefully they fix this shit as my wife left for a four day retreat this morning so when I’m not working or looking after my kids I want to try to get in as much play time as possible, relive the summer of 2000 when I was in high school and this same buddy and I played the shit out of D2.

Fair I guess. Diablo 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, and I had fun with the beta a month ago, so I preordered this. I just tried to jump online with a buddy half an hour ago, and he had been playing for about an hour but I couldn’t connect, as right before I jumped on he said there was a notification of a server downtime for whatever reason. Hopefully they fix this shit as my wife left for a four day retreat this morning so when I’m not working or looking after my kids I want to try to get in as much play time as possible, relive the summer of 2000 when I was in high school and this same buddy and I played the shit out of D2.
Same here man, it was my first year of college and I remember seeing all my dorm mates playing this. Back then I knew Diablo, WarCraft II and StarCraft. I had seen them play D2 a lot but I didn't know it was D2. When they said "Diablo II" after I asked them what it was, god you should have seen me.

I'll probably play it, if only to get my crazy Necro back. But it's sad to play a remaster of what may have been the apex of Blizzard software, in an era in which it is a morbid rotting corpse

I agree with everything you've said except that I'd throw WarCraft III in there with D2LOD and TBC.

WarCraft III was magic. I couldn't believe how good it was. When I started making maps, and I was able to control terrain height, that was when I realized how glorious it was. Also it was the last amazing Blizzard story.

I do this thing where I imagine if you could show the company from the past what would one day become of it. Would they believe it? Would anyone?
That's fair. I never played RTSes, but I've only heard great things about that game

One thing--- I can't play lol.

Servers probably had to much traffic

I bought played and enjoyed the Diablo 2 remake for about an hour and a half?

Does that make me a bad person?

Back