PlayStation Bloodborne Megathread, v.4

I've farmed them pretty good on my new character. I went with a dexterity/arcane build. The thing is, the Crow isn't spawning in the chapel. I think she's on my team now because we fought together against another hunter.

The whole reason why I started this build was to use the twin blade and that electric mace. I can't get those twin blades because she isn't in the chapel trying to kill me anymore
I think once you complete her questline you can buy her weapon in the hunters dream

I beat the game last night. I don't know how to access the old hunters DLC.

I chose to fight German instead of surrendering and I beat him on the 2nd try.

I got another character almost at the end of the game. I'm going to choose to let him kill me to see that ending.

I don't know what the squid monster was about that came up and hugged me but I guess I'm now stuck in an endless loop and replaced German.

I also don't know what the baby was about. I reckon a baby was having a nightmare and the whole game takes place inside the nightmare?

Good game. Don't feel like doing any new game+

I fought and killed Cleric Beast.. My +9 weapon barely hurts enemies. 4 or 5 hits to kill basic bad guys. Never found the blood Rock to make +10 weapon.

I got the Scythe but like I say.. Don't feel like fighting enemies I gotta beat on just to kill.

Beat weapon for me is Stake Driver. Everything else felt slow and crappy after using it.

Screenshot_20230727-142242_Gallery.jpg

Nice. Talk to some new messengers next to the doll (Hunter's Dream) if you've no Eye of Blood-drunk Hunter already inventoried. Once you've that eye, you'll see things differently, so warp to Cathedral Ward and explore the courtyard with gravestones. See if something wants to grab and show you something. Then the true nightmare begins. @MWB1982

I got in there. Thanks

I crushed the whole DLC except Lawrence. He was by far the hardest boss I've fought and it's not close. Took me like 8 tries over 2 days.

The other hardest fight was that big whale looking guy in Fisherman's Hamlet. I never even killed him. I just ran around him after dying a couple times. I seen my weapon barely did any damage and I said screw it.. Just ran by him.

Lawrence felt like he was easy since he's like the Cleric Beast and I can tear that boss up while barely getting touched. I understand he is on fire but his moves were the same. He was still tearing me up. Then when he went to his second form, he just got insane. Even when I figured his moves out, I still couldn't avoid the big hits.

I got a ton of new weapons. My favorite is the beast cutter.

The axe for me is still the best weapon but not my favorite.

For me, I rank Stake Driver, Beast Cutter, then Battle Axe.

I killed Kos. I figured him out in like 15 seconds. You got to dash or roll forward during his attacks and he will miss damn near everytime. I tore him up.

I still haven't found Blood Queen and Eratius the Cosmic Queen. I saw these bosses in my trophies list. I'm close to getting a platinum. I need like 4 or 5 trophies to get it. I've never came close or cared about getting all the trophies for any game.

Bloodborne kills Elden Ring for me. I rank this as the best FromSoft game. Elden Ring is still good but Bloodborne blows it away. EldenRing was just big for the sake of being big. There were a couple cool bosses and that's it. I beat the Fire Giant and quit because I was so tired of searching for little nooks and cranies to get where I needed to go. I killed Fire Giant at the top of the mountain and quit when I couldn't find the way to get to the very bottom of the mountain.. I could look down and see the whole area but couldn't figure out how to get there and said fuck it.. I didn't like the world of Elden Ring. Bloodborne had the nastier looking bosses. The world was cool.

When I beat Bloodborne the first time, I missed like 35% of the game. I didn't find Cainhurst Manor or the Old Hunters on my first playthrough. This was a good quality DLC.

I'm going to order Sekiro in a few minutes and try that next.

Bloodborne over took Dark Souls as my favorite FromSoft game by a huge margin. I'm tired of the medieval dragon and goblin RPG games. I'm 40 years old and I've played countless of those tired RPGs. Bloodborne proves not every RPG has to be D&D themed. It's a tired formula. There's only so many ways to design goblins and dragons and skeleton men before you've seen it all. Bloodborne was new and fresh to me even though it's an older game.

Sekiro looks like Samurais and Japanese demons. I got to try that one.

Screenshot_20230802-105324_Gallery.jpg

I just started a new guy in Bloodborne. All my other games suck or they're too hard or there's too much talking in them that requires listening.

I like to listen to podcast while I game and Bloodborne let's me do it.

Plus I need to let the last boss kill me to get the bad ending. It's hard for me to surrender to him. I don't want to do it.

Started another run. I'm planning on doing all the chalice stuff this time around.
Using the saw cleaver until I unlock the DLC and make a mad dash to my faithful Whirlygig Saw.

Making a pit stop in the Unseen Village farming the bag guys so I can get my Saw Cleaver +6. The Pigs are nice for stocking up on vials too
Love the pigs, absolutely; backstabs go full ventriloquist up the butt for free colonoscopy. There’s a later duo on a storey of Mergo’s Loft that was a stomping ground of mine. Would delight in a remaster; fun to play through you, vicariously. You ever go fire for your saw cleaver? Absolute shredder, the two together.

Love the pigs, absolutely; backstabs go full ventriloquist up the butt for free colonoscopy. There’s a later duo on a storey of Mergo’s Loft that was a stomping ground of mine. Would delight in a remaster; fun to play through you, vicariously. You ever go fire for your saw cleaver? Absolute shredder, the two together.
I actually just got a fire gem so I'll slap that on next time I play.

I think the NPC hunters kill me more than a lot of the bosses do in this game lol
I still remember the first time I'd encountered a Beast Cutter-wielding hunter in Old Hunters: He put me six feet under. My immediate thought was now, where can I cop one of them thangs?

Speaking of Cainhurst. I've killed the Witch and got the summons but the cut scene with the carriage won't trigger for some reason. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Speaking of Cainhurst. I've killed the Witch and got the summons but the cut scene with the carriage won't trigger for some reason. Anyone else ever have this issue?
Not heard of it, TBH. What's your Insight level? I remember Hemwick summons (Mad Ones), for example, actually not spawning if not enlightened at zero Insight.

Not heard of it, TBH. What's your Insight level? I remember Hemwick summons (Mad Ones), for example, actually not spawning if not enlightened at zero Insight.
I've got over 50. I'll do some more digging to see if I missed something but I thought you just needed to kill the witch and have the Cainhurst summon to trigger it.

Got the cutscene to trigger. Not sure what was going on but now I can farm chunks.

While Sherdog was in a coma I wrapped up all the Bosses besides the last one.
I'm going to kill the Chalice bosses now.

Back