Media Bo Nickal on Pereira and Izzy: “If I grabbed a hold of those guys, it wouldn’t go well for them”

Do you see Bo Nickal winning against Poatan or Izzy?

• Total voters
Nickal is great on the mic. Not in the shit talking sense either, just interesting to listen to.

He’s right. Izzy and Pereira would laugh at his striking as much as he laughs at their grappling. I don’t see what’s the issue there, Izzy and Pereira have dog shit wresslin/grappling/bjj skills considering they are “elite”.

If they fought tomorrow, Bo would have to get close to shoot for a takedown. I don’t think he’d be able to handle the striking aspect right now, BUT If you give him time to get more fights and experience then he might. Once he gets a hold of them, It’s over.

He’s right. Izzy and Pereira would laugh at his striking as much as he laughs at their grappling. I don’t see what’s the issue there, Izzy and Pereira have dog shit wresslin/grappling/bjj skills considering they are “elite”.

If they fought tomorrow, Bo would have to get close to shoot for a takedown. I don’t think he’d be able to handle the striking aspect right now, BUT If you give him time to get more fights and experience then he might. Once he gets a hold of them, It’s over.
True, I don't understand why a lot of people seem to hate him here. He is pretty honest and humble when expressing those sentence. Even compliment Izzy and Poatan's striking.

Bo is Bo’s biggest fan.

I don’t like this dude

You seem like a "this is toxic masculinity kind of guy." Wtf is wrong with a guy who's been a champion his entire life to have self confidence? This world needs savages, not snowflakes. Sowwy.

Seems like a pretty fair statement, lol at all the hate

I feel like MW is particularly vulnerable for a good grappler to expose the division. Most of the guys are too focused on stand up. I find it funny how many people are dismissing Bo, he has one of the best backgrounds for mma.

Hes not wrong specially for Alex who has horrible grappling. Problem is closing the distance and getting into grappling exchanges. His striking has looked fine so far but hes fought such low competition its hard to tell how itd translate yet.
Izzy and Alex both are easier matchups for Bo than someone like Rob or Vettori, but exactly what you’re saying, he needs to close the distance and that’s exactly what is the hardest part of fighting them.
Right now he will probably get KTFO

He'z got teh golden ticket.
As his striking develops, he will continually be more dangerous. His ground game obviously changes teh striking of his opponents because they have to compensate.

It's fascinating to watch his development & where he's going. He seems to have a perfect understanding of how to use his super power to over-come any striking experience he might be lacking... Meanwhile he's developing his striking game. Very cool.

I didn’t mind his comment. He even stated that they’d probably feel the same way about his striking and also gave their striking high respect. He just knows what his specialty is and he’s confident in it.

I’m excited to see how his career unfolds.

Back