VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bob Woodward’s new book reveals a ‘nervous breakdown’ of Trump’s presidency
By Philip Rucker, Robert Costa

September 4, 2018 at 11:08 AM

imrs.php

President Trump and Bob Woodward discuss Woodward’s new book, “Fear,” before its publication. (The Washington Post)
John Dowd was convinced that President Trump would commit perjury if he talked to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III. So, on Jan. 27, the president’s then-personal attorney staged a practice session to try to make his point.

In the White House residence, Dowd peppered Trump with questions about the Russia investigation, provoking stumbles, contradictions and lies until the president eventually lost his cool.

“This thing’s a goddamn hoax,” Trump erupted at the start of a 30-minute rant that finished with him saying, “I don’t really want to testify.”

The dramatic and previously untold scene is recounted in “Fear,” a forthcoming book by Bob Woodward that paints a harrowing portrait of the Trump presidency, based on in-depth interviews with administration officials and other principals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...7a389e-ac60-11e8-a8d7-0f63ab8b1370_story.html

I didn't really want to do this thread. But people should check out these accusations. I don't want to deny Woodward his legacy, but I have some questions about him.

With that said, I don't think he fabricated all of these insane claims, and if even one of them is true, Jesus Christ, we call Washington disfunctional, perhaps we don't know the half of it.

Discuss......

We know the half of it... I'm sure most of that book if not all of it is true considering the author. The problem is Trump could kill his supporters kids and they would still love him.

Thanks Obama

To be fair to reality, Woodward isn't telling us anything we haven't already heard a hundred times (generally speaking). Hopefully his credibility helps.

It has no impact... unless time and the confirmation of departed best people ™ should corroborate the reporting.
It has potential to either be a best seller and mostly forgotten, or it could turn out to be a devastating look inside this WH that will be important for future evaluations.

Mattis and Kelly released a statement yesterday(?) saying the book is fabrication on their accounts. The effect this book possibly could of had is already negated. Those two statements give Trump supporters plausibility to deny the entire book contents.

Why does he need to sell a book to expose the truth? I never understood this premise.

He'd be better served jumping on the Joe Rogan Experience imo would actually be highly entertaining

Mattis and Kelly released a statement yesterday(?) saying the book is fabrication on their accounts. The effect this book possibly could of had is already negated. Those two statements give Trump supporters plausibility to deny the entire book contents.

This. Every journalist, every reporter, everyone who disagrees or says negative things about Trump is wrong or lying.

Trump is god and cannot be wrong

Why does he need to sell a book to expose the truth? I never understood this premise.

He'd be better served jumping on the Joe Rogan Experience imo would actually be highly entertaining
A book that could reach millions, or a niche podcast most people have never heard of?

A best seller, vs who the fuck is Joe Rogan?

I wonder about the effect of this book on older folks. If you were alive during Nixons impeachment, and remember it, I imagine Woodward has extra gravitas.

I’ll read it because I read his books but it won’t change anything. His core supporters will continue to treat him as the Golden Calf and everyone else knows he’s an asshole.

A book that could reach millions, or a niche podcast most people have never heard of?

A best seller, vs who the fuck is Joe Rogan?
Millions my ass

A clip of Woodward going into detail of trumps 30min bitch fit would get hundreds of millions of views

In fairness this is what makes Fire and Fury hilarious. Bob Woodward always writes this book for every administration back to Carter. Instead someone in Trump's administration(likely) picks Micheal Wolfe instead, and then calls him a liar......wtf, you hand picked the guy.

They understand that to be their job, too. And it's hard to argue with that.

I am sure he is right....

bob-woodward-obama-wiretap-009-01-e1490285509489.jpg

well... right this time.

<YeahOKJen>

Well that settles it. If the administration says it didn't happen then that's it. Case closed. They obviously have no motives in making the denial, and we can trust Trump and his goons completely.

Every other denial ever made by any admin was bogus, except Trump!

Millions my ass

A clip of Woodward going into detail of trumps 30min bitch fit would get hundreds of millions of views

Oh, he has some crazy accusations in there. Like Trump demanding the assassination of Assad to Mattis in response to the reported use of chemical weapons. According to Woodward Mattis completely ignores him, and orders people to start drawing up the bombing runs Trump later approves.

Apparently he almost withdrew us from NAFTA, and the trade deal with south Korea, but aides took the papers off his desk to prevent him from signing them. Not sure, but I think that is a crime on the aides part.

Back