Body strikes in a real fight

Maybe try shoveling your punches. Drive from the legs, and dig. When throwing uppercuts to the body I think about trying to drive the ribcage up. Heavy bag work....try a round of hard shots aimed at the body no jabs all power punches. Then when you have the set up, use them in sparring. Don't hunt for power shots but be able to read them when the set up is there. I don't throw hooks to the body. Only uppercuts, and sit down jabs.
I really try not to throw anything powerful. I do plant for some speed and power but only when I can and carefully pivot out of range. I have short range on a lot of people, I'll try to see if maybe I am forcing bad habits to ready the shot.
Like I said, I am not used to throwing them like crazy. I like to dig down for some nice uppercuts though. Partially how I got caught. My own fault though.

Most are about the same height, but I did land it on one who's shorter

Same setup as I would do if I were to throw a cross to the body. Most of the time its a double or triple up on jabs and when they shell up I do it. Its more of a for fun thing than an actual gameplan

I usually use supermans as a counter or to close distance. Superman -> takedown works very nicely well. In pure striking against high level guys, its not too successful outside of a diversion

You ever try a feint a feint spon back fist to a takedown?

You know I always hear about homeless people attacking random people, but I never seen it happened. Was their verbal altercation first? Because I feel like most homeless people are too scared to attack anyone unless their bigger.
Most the homeless people here have either heroin/alcohol or both issues here. I know to deal with drunks/ or at least appease them in to calming down if they get aggressive.
The bigger problem were the "legal highs" which are now illegal.
You can recognise someone under the influence of cocaine or alcohol but they are rather unpredictable with these knew lesser known man made drugs.

I had been out and was walking home. A friendly homeless guy stopped me and we were chatting as we walked along. The only thing strange at this point was the fact he hadn't asked for money yet. The conversation was just friendly small talk.

He did eventually ask about money for food, but simultaneously, he threw a half eaten kebab he had all over the pavement, even though a bin was right next to him.

Now what I said next could be taken as provocation, but I did not say this sarcasticly or as an attempt to get a reaction. I questioned how he could ask for money for food, when he just literally threw good food all over the pavement and made a right mess.

So, he went from 100% calm to flailing at me whilst screaming. Not screaming like a drunk filled with bravado, but a nonsensical deranged I'm clearly under the influence of god knows what drug type screaming.
I took two steps back after his very sudden attack and got in to the stance I learned from boxing. I didn't want a fight in the slightest but I thought he might attack again if I showed weakness. A random guy I met in the previous bar ran over and split it up, before it escalated.

Most the homeless people here have either heroin/alcohol or both issues here. I know to deal with drunks/ or at least appease them in to calming down if they get aggressive.
The bigger problem were the "legal highs" which are now illegal.
You can recognise someone under the influence of cocaine or alcohol but they are rather unpredictable with these knew lesser known man made drugs.

I had been out and was walking home. A friendly homeless guy stopped me and we were chatting as we walked along. The only thing strange at this point was the fact he hadn't asked for money yet. The conversation was just friendly small talk.

He did eventually ask about money for food, but simultaneously, he threw a half eaten kebab he had all over the pavement, even though a bin was right next to him.

Now what I said next could be taken as provocation, but I did not say this sarcasticly or as an attempt to get a reaction. I questioned how he could ask for money for food, when he just literally threw good food all over the pavement and made a right mess.

So, he went from 100% calm to flailing at me whilst screaming. Not screaming like a drunk filled with bravado, but a nonsensical deranged I'm clearly under the influence of god knows what they screaming.
I took two steps back after his very sudden attack and got in to the stance I learned from boxing. I didn't want a fight in the slightest but I thought he might attack again if I showed weakness. A random guy I met in the previous bar ran over and split it up, before it escalated.

Well that's good that a guy split it up before you would've gotten in trouble, but next time if a homeless person ask you for money for food, you should at least buy them a small snack or something.

There was this one time when I was waiting for my bus at the train station and I bought 2 fish filets from the McDonalds over their. This homeless women came up to me and said "excuse me sir can you..." right before she asked me for money I just gave her one of the fish filets.

Really I love a good fight, but sometimes you can just get into trouble for beating up mentally deranged people. If it were some douchebag on the streets I would've just fought him either way.

In my teens my friends and I swap punching the liver, plexus and stomach.
But we never fell because it had physical conditioning.

Now the adrenaline prevents from thinking right. When fighting Taekowndo the personnel said that in competitions the leg predicted and could not kick.
But it was only the nervous man who threw adrenaline and the staff forgot everything.

Well that's good that a guy split it up before you would've gotten in trouble, but next time if a homeless person ask you for money for food, you should at least buy them a small snack or something.

There was this one time when I was waiting for my bus at the train station and I bought 2 fish filets from the McDonalds over their. This homeless women came up to me and said "excuse me sir can you..." right before she asked me for money I just gave her one of the fish filets.

Really I love a good fight, but sometimes you can just get into trouble for beating up mentally deranged people. If it were some douchebag on the streets I would've just fought him either way.
I'm really not a fighter. And not to sound like a bob saget..... but I'd be the first person to walk away if I felt trouble coming.
Any training I've had, which is a little bit of boxing....One krav Maga lesson & tiny amount of kickboxing was purely for self defence, as I have had people mess with me in the past.
If I was going to fight anyone, I wouldn't choose to fight a homeless man who clearly had drug dependencies.

That being said.......I feel very differently to the homeless than you. I have no sympathy whatsoever to drug addicts who have made their own path. I know that might sound bad. But I'm stepping in human excrement whilst attempting to walk my dog. The guy who attacked me clearly had food which he didnt mind wasting & the "food money" guess what that would have been spent on.

An efficient attack, is to use efficient blows
_232.jpg

_87.jpg

a clean shot to the liver will drop anyone, same goes for the nuts. regardless if its in "the streets bro" or a "real fight" or a fake one.

I got dropped in sparring tonight from a hard liver shot. So i would say yes they work!
I was a bit embarrassed from getting downed by a body shot but damn there was no way of just shaking it off

Pro boxers get dropped by body shots in boxing gloves. Of course they work.

You know I always hear about homeless people attacking random people, but I never seen it happened. Was their verbal altercation first? Because I feel like most homeless people are too scared to attack anyone unless their bigger.

Rare but happens and when it does - watch out and stay evasive, alot of em have crazy people strength

There are only two guaranteed fight-stoppers, the knock-out or the completed choke.

Rare but happens and when it does - watch out and stay evasive, alot of em have crazy people strength

Damn that old man really picked the wrong time to try and attack someone, he should've at least looked at the bus schedule lol. Was that a TV show or a movie?

Damn that old man really picked the wrong time to try and attack someone, he should've at least looked at the bus schedule lol. Was that a TV show or a movie?

Thats the Louis show on FX season 2 -funny as hell. Stay away from season 4 which is weird in that its not funny at all and has no punchline.

Think we're talking apples and oranges -Loius CK is a quirky comedian so its that weird offbeat humor that you either get or ya dont. Never seen Legion but a quick glance it looks like sci-fi

Think we're talking apples and oranges -Loius CK is a quirky comedian so its that weird offbeat humor that you either get or ya dont. Never seen Legion but a quick glance it looks like sci-fi

Yeah It is, I actually stopped watching it after the first episode I watched because it was just plain weird, I don't really get why they made a show about professor xavier's son the weirdest show on earth.

If someone can land a sweet body blow on me in a street fight I got a whole load of problems I'd rather be without.

I'll just have to go a little harder. I just really try to water down my strikes because it seems like when I do connect people say I hit super hard. Mostly from counters and them walking into it. So I really try not to smack the body too much but I also don't want to be ineffective. I need to get used to positioning those strikes too. I suck at the proper set up. Got caught with a uppercut when getting too close. Damn t rex arms.

You're not doing it right. You hit to the body so you can go hard guilt free!

Back